Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

To come along for the 18th you will need some lunch, water, lead & stake for your dog, and a seat for yourself. I will be there, as will many others, so introduce yourself and ask questions, then watch the trial and let your dog soak in the atmosphere and excitement of what a real gundog does in his spare time. The trial on the 25th will have food and drinks available for sale, but everything else applied.

Cider is going to stay with Aunty Zoe for a while so she will be there if she is a good girl between now and then :)

I introduced her to her first wing tonight Cider, not Zoe, yep I wore gloves :) as I have a thing about touching dead things :)

To come along for the 18th you will need some lunch, water, lead & stake for your dog, and a seat for yourself. I will be there, as will many others, so introduce yourself and ask questions, then watch the trial and let your dog soak in the atmosphere and excitement of what a real gundog does in his spare time. The trial on the 25th will have food and drinks available for sale, but everything else applied.

Cider is going to stay with Aunty Zoe for a while so she will be there if she is a good girl between now and then :)

I introduced her to her first wing tonight Cider, not Zoe, yep I wore gloves :) as I have a thing about touching dead things :)

Eeeww, me too, was just thinking it was a pity retrieving was only for gundogs until I read that. Stupid me thought they used dummy retrieves, but I guess I'm the dummy. :rofl:

I'll Cider sit while Zoe is competing :) :)

So did you rope Zoe into training Cider for retrieving, or are you going to train her?

While I am away Zoe will introduce her to water and do some work with her and see if it is worth persisting - if it is then Zoe will definitely be training her.

Just need to find somebody to do agility with her and I will have it all sorted :)

Oh and if anybody wants to show her.......

So did you rope Zoe into training Cider for retrieving, or are you going to train her?

While I am away Zoe will introduce her to water and do some work with her and see if it is worth persisting - if it is then Zoe will definitely be training her.

Just need to find somebody to do agility with her and I will have it all sorted :rofl:

I would gladly trot around the show ring with her if I knew what I was doing! Need to see if this showing thing is for me or not before I decide on my next dog :)

What age would be too old to start retrieving with your dog? I'm thinking once I've pursued my obedience and maybe agility goals with Ruby, I should focus on retrieving. But at the rate we're going, she may be ready for retirement before we get there :)

Just need to find somebody to do agility with her and I will have it all sorted :rofl:

If you do the show training I don't mind handling her if I'm at a show until Lincoln moves up to minor.... but then we would have a clash as I can't handle two dogs in the group line up(not that I am very skilled :) )

Cool.

Also can we buy the leads and harnesses there or should it done before hand?!

We don't need them while training - our normal leads are fine but later on we can buy the leads and harnesses from them yes.

I have a couple of lunge leads, I am going to ask if these can be used instead of buying yet another lead :)

I was told that the lunge lead I had was fine but that I might be better with a cotton one as well as some gloves to save my hands, have gone out to the horse shop and got both and will use the car harness which they said was OK. Have also hopefully got my flags arranged (have to double check the site to make sure they are alright). I'll bring the other long lead as well so someone else can use that tomorrow if need be. Don't forget to bring water for your dogs as they get very dry tracking and you may have to carry it with you, not sure.

Excited about the tracking but not the early start, but I guess I'll get use to it. Will organise it all tonight so that I can stay in bed an extra few minutes.

Thanks Valley CBR, for my signature hopefully it will be at the bottom of this post if I've done it right. :)

I don't like the early mornings either :love: but it's only for a few short months and I can always have a nanna nap in the arvo :rofl::)

Love your new siggie Ozjen! :)

Yep, I managed to do something wrong, I think I've fixed it now. I can see it at this end now, Valley CBR you did a great job.

Glad you like it. ;)

Love your new siggie too :rofl:

Yeah I think afternoon naps are on my Saturday schedules. I think I'm crazy for doing this tracking thing. I have to be up by 5.45 ready to leave by 6.15!! I fail as a morning person perhaps I should set the alarm for 5.30 actually and snooze a couple times!

Yeah I think afternoon naps are on my Saturday schedules. I think I'm crazy for doing this tracking thing. I have to be up by 5.45 ready to leave by 6.15!! I fail as a morning person perhaps I should set the alarm for 5.30 actually and snooze a couple times!

That's what I do weekdays! :)

You do have to travel far but I hope you find it worth it. I think it will be fun for dogs and humans :)

Ptolomy, I would offer to show Cider except I don't know how many shows I will get to this year or if she would clash with my lot :) Although saying that, one of our puppy owners is now showing an interest in showing their boy so I guess if they decide to go ahead I am going to have to go down and help them at least to begin with :rofl:

Oh and I will be thinking of all of you going to tracking when I get up in the morning :) Although saying that I will still be getting up by 7am :)

Jenni, how can you get ready to leave in 30 mins? :) Selling all the ponies and moving to suburbia is starting to sound better and better :love:

Although I guess then I miss out on seeing retrieving dogs without having to leave my own home :rofl: Will be a good way to watch retrieving (and no I am not getting a gun dog!)

Im being lazy and dont want to be going back through all the posts...

I think it was Ozjen, or Someone was chasing a Clipper size 6 crate to take their dog away in... Well I did have one but I did a swap with the MIL for her Clipper 5 (size 6 was waaay to big for my boy) and she is now offering it up for sale. $250.. It is almost in new condition. If you are interested let me know

I think it was Ozjen, or Someone was chasing a Clipper size 6 crate to take their dog away in... Well I did have one but I did a swap with the MIL for her Clipper 5 (size 6 was waaay to big for my boy) and she is now offering it up for sale. $250.. It is almost in new condition. If you are interested let me know

Was it fetchindawgs?

Was it fetchindawgs?

I think u might be right!!! I have had a full on day at the show today, I won Best in Show at the Saint Bernard specialty Champ show, Runner Up in SHow at the Open show and then Baby in Show at the Chihuahua show. I just couldnt be bothered going back thru all the pages

Thank yo all for the behaviourist suggestions after research I have finally gone with a very well credentialed gent called Garth Jennings, he is very well qualified and

seems to know his "stuff"

Also I dont tolerate people who dont return phone calls ( pet hate of mine!!)

Thanks again

:eek:

I hope your happy with him, he's excellent and certainly knows his stuff.. all the Greyhound people love him!

Did you ever find the collar that you were after?

Julie