Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

the 3 yearly is the basic vacc & you needt to get the canine cough done yearly

People should check the prices though some vets are charging over the top prices for the 4 yearly & it can end up expensive,

Many of our clients brings there bills with them & many are paying around the $130 plus mark for it which is :eek:

There is much debate over how the 3 yearly is made up & whether its the same just turned into a 3 yearly or more you rarely get the same answer from even those in the field

yes one of mine has had three yearly & the co owner/breeder is a vet.

Mason as far as show handling classes go pick wisely.

classes should be about learning not being made to feel stupid or the dog handled in a manner that is over the top

Go down and watch ,you have tuesday with Helena or thursday with wolfproud/spitz club ask your breeder as well

Better still if you own a video camera or similiar videos the Labs at the shows

Yes I am pretty nervous to venture to show classes I know absolutly nothing so I am going to feel pretty stupid as is!! :D

classes should be about learning not being made to feel stupid or the dog handled in a manner that is over the top

Go down and watch ,you have tuesday with Helena or thursday with wolfproud/spitz club ask your breeder as well

Yes I am pretty nervous to venture to show classes I know absolutly nothing so I am going to feel pretty stupid as is!! :D

Zora and ST's JT and Lulu sometimes go to Wolfproud classes on Thursdays. The lady there is really understanding with newbies and if you let me know when you are planning to go and I am not rostered on I will come too.

Zora and ST's JT and Lulu sometimes go to Wolfproud classes on Thursdays. The lady there is really understanding with newbies and if you let me know when you are planning to go and I am not rostered on I will come too.

I will let u know if I decide to do it, obviously have to do his vacs first etc

I went to Wolfproud on a Thursday as well when I first started out - and I knew nothing about showing. Jenn is really good and is more than happy to help out a 'newbie'! She is also very good with puppies. I completely agree about choosing wisely - you dont want a pup ruined by a rough instructor. Same as you dont want to be put off by an insensitive instructor.

Wendy Fancote - Barcoo Collies is the WA Black Hawk distributor in Perth, [email protected] . Very regular deliveries for a cheap price and a lovely lady.

My vet had to order in the trienniel vaccine as they do not recommend it or want to do it and it cost me more then getting yearly vaccines. I have no other choice.

Mine get one at the breeder, then one after 12 weeks then a yearly booster then every 3 years thereafter.

My vet had to order in the trienniel vaccine as they do not recommend it or want to do it and it cost me more then getting yearly vaccines. I have no other choice.

OSoSwift - that is sad to hear. My Mum had the same response when she asked about the 3 year vaccine in Mt Barker. They told her they didn't want to give it because they think people won't come back each year for a check up (not a good reason!). Luckily our vet in Bunbury is a bit more forward thinking. Zazu had it for the first time 2 years ago - I didn't even realise until I looked at the vacc certificate and it said the due date was in 3 years time!

To those who ordered the Alphabet Drills book, I will have them with me tonight at ACWA training. Come and see me to grab your book :D

:crossfingers: it doesn't rain so training is still on!

For anyone who wants one and didn't order one, PM me, I have a spare :)

Edited by RubyStar

Hi all, I have a question. I'm looking for a vet in Perth, preferrably north of the river that has experience with british bulldogs. As a breed that can have a few problems I'd prefer if my vet knew what they were doing. Does anybody know where I can try? Thanks :)

Mason2009 - There's a lady at my work with a black Lab from Burberry. I showed her the Gibbs photos and she's in love. :)

Aww :) their is a Burberry lab that does retrieving he is lovely:)

For those not on fb i am taking Gibbs to Guide Dogs next monday, they are filming a community service announcement and Gibbs and his litter will be in the opening scene i believe.

OSoSwift - that is sad to hear. My Mum had the same response when she asked about the 3 year vaccine in Mt Barker. They told her they didn't want to give it because they think people won't come back each year for a check up (not a good reason!). Luckily our vet in Bunbury is a bit more forward thinking. Zazu had it for the first time 2 years ago - I didn't even realise until I looked at the vacc certificate and it said the due date was in 3 years time!

Not only that, I had to find enough dogs that had owners that wanted to use this vaccine before they would order it as it comes in a box of 10 - I got 9 I think and the vet said she would use the other on eon one of her dogs. It was either that or I paid for 10 vaccines to use two. I got what I wanted but geez was it a do your head in thing organising it!

I am thinking I may just take my dogs to Perth or something for their next one, or hope like hell my vet starts using it routinely.

oh and yes the reason, most people that get the trienniel will not come back for yearly check ups.

For those not on fb i am taking Gibbs to Guide Dogs next monday, they are filming a community service announcement and Gibbs and his litter will be in the opening scene i believe.

How cool :D make sure you get pics - love the new signature too :thumbsup:

Thanks I really need a more creative one where I can add the rego names and Masons title but i dont really know how to do it :) I will get some more pics when Gibbs is home maybe this weekend if weather is nice. You must come up and see him CC

Thanks I really need a more creative one where I can add the rego names and Masons title but i dont really know how to do it :)

RS and amypie seem to know how to make good sigs ;)

I will get some more pics when Gibbs is home maybe this weekend if weather is nice. You must come up and see him CC

You won't need to ask me twice :laugh: