Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

I'm still trying to find out if my breeders dog is pregnant! Anyone know at how many days the vet can confirm pregnancy? I last heard from the breeder a month ago saying they were just about to mate them.

I think its about a month or so after they are mated they can be scanned/xrayed

I was thinking that might have been the case. Does anyone know what the difference between limited and full registration papers?

Met my baby today :D

So in love!

He's black all over with a little white stripe down his chest. Terrible photo but gives you an idea.

4 weeks old now, 4 weeks to wait (the longest 4 weeks ever!).

Spent an hour and a half with his lovely breeder, she talked us through everything, was a wonderful experience!

Met his mum, his dad and one of his grandma's too, the whole dog family seem gorgeous!

post-41200-0-93929200-1314518047_thumb.jpg

We picked up our little girl yesterday. It's been a bit hectic since. She is gorgeous though. Very friendly and good with the kids.

We are currently having some quiet time with my son asleep, the other sitting quietly, jetson our older dog asleep on the couch and rocket the puppy asleep in her crate. All good.

79db43e0-cda3-7f7f.jpg

Congrats on your long wanted poodle.

Hi All,

Can you tell me if this is good?

Hips: BVA 7/5, Elbows: 0/0, Eyes: Optigen (USA) Normal/Clear.

Im still confused with this stuff... :confused:

Eyes look fine, elbows look fine, hips look a little high but I am comparing them against my own dog whose parents have an average (together) of 2:3, and they are Swedish Vallhunds.. It depends on the breed.

Average for a labrador (I'm assuming that's what you're getting?) is 16, so 7/5 (total of 12) is below average. Elbows are good and eyes are good.

Don't forget that yes while hip scores CAN be genetic, it's very environmental too and things like the dog being allowed to jump as a puppy or slippery floorboards while growing can have a negative impact on hip scores. So yes, use them as a guide, but don't make them your be-all and end-all. :)

Personally, I'd be happy with a pup from a parent with those scores.

Average for a labrador (I'm assuming that's what you're getting?) is 16, so 7/5 (total of 12) is below average. Elbows are good and eyes are good.

Don't forget that yes while hip scores CAN be genetic, it's very environmental too and things like the dog being allowed to jump as a puppy or slippery floorboards while growing can have a negative impact on hip scores. So yes, use them as a guide, but don't make them your be-all and end-all. :)

Personally, I'd be happy with a pup from a parent with those scores.

Hi, no wasn't scores of a dog I was looking at getting. It's a score of a lab that was in the bloodlines of my last lab.

So what's a goods score what should you look for? I don't understand how they get the 2:3 :confused:

Tara how far back are you looking?? Would look at parents and grandparents. Hip scores are important but a couple of breeders have said for labs elbows are even more important. You can try your best for perfect scores and health tests but in the end its all still a big risk - my labs parents havd great hip and elbow scores but he ended up with allergies, there is no test that can be done to predict that.

Tara how far back are you looking?? Would look at parents and grandparents. Hip scores are important but a couple of breeders have said for labs elbows are even more important. You can try your best for perfect scores and health tests but in the end its all still a big risk - my labs parents havd great hip and elbow scores but he ended up with allergies, there is no test that can be done to predict that.

It was my last dogs grandfather who was an Australian grand champ. I am hopefully fingers crossed getting another lab which is obviously a little further down the bloodlines as my last girl was 14, but from the same breeders. Never knew my girls scores but she never had any hip/elbow or eye problems. She did have allergies and very sadly ended with cancer but she had a very good life.

I was just trying to understand when I get the details of the new parents what is good scores. And if that wasn't a good score I still ended up with a pretty good dog with none of those problems.

Edited by Tara8430