Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Wilbur's so cute! :)

Okay, now I have to start thinking supplies. A cat crate arrived yesterday which I actually think will be big enough for a puppy for the first month (maybe) so I'm set on a crate for now. But if you only had $100 to spend on your puppy (food already covered in a different budget) - what are the toys that would make it onto your must have list?

Hi just a quick update, we had a great night! Had a play and a wee then back into bed about 12. I woke at 4 and took her out then hubby woke at 7 and took her out. No crying and no accidents :))))

Sounds like a great night!!

I am getting my second lab, a yellow boy

Okay, now I have to start thinking supplies. A cat crate arrived yesterday which I actually think will be big enough for a puppy for the first month (maybe) so I'm set on a crate for now. But if you only had $100 to spend on your puppy (food already covered in a different budget) - what are the toys that would make it onto your must have list?

I would def get a Kong and then some sort of soft toy for pup to snuggle up to. What breed are you getting??

I have a whole cupboard of toys for my current dog so im not buying pup many toys ( i still have a small Kong from when Mason was a pup) i am going to get him a treat dumbell so when i go out they each have their own kongs and treat dumbells :)

If you want cheap toys go to The Reject Shop, toys are $2-$5 :)

Great first night for us too. Wilbur had been sleeping in the lounge room during the evening while we watched tv. OH went to bed around 11 & Wilbur & i followed at 12:30 after a loo break outside. We had a little play in my bed while i taught him to jump on my OH's head, who was out like a light :laugh: Then he happily sauntered into his crate (beside my bed on a blanket box). He could easily hear and see me and i could reach to touch him through the bars.

i took him out for a loo break at 2:30 am and he went right back to sleep :thumbsup: At 6am i took him out for another loo break but he took longer to settle; wanting to play rough for a while in my bed. By 6:30 he was in his crate but obviously getting hungry as he was chewing like a crazy dawg :) I wanted to try and drag his Adelaide routine out to 8am. He settled and managed to drag out til 8. We had brekky and then a loo break outside and a big boy play in the yard. Nothing wrong with his bowels with five yes FIVE poos since he arrived. What a star :cheer:

He's currently asleep half off my lap and half off; sharing the space with my laptop. He is without doubt delightful. Yesterday when we picked him up he was shy...well shy guy has turned into Mr Naughty Pants this morning :rofl: He's quickly gaining confidence with us and has already become my little brown shadow. Speaking of shadows, when we did our 'in the dead of night' loo breaks he was curious about the shadows we cast in the back yard! I don't think he'd been outside at night before.

Wilbur and I are having a quiet day at home falling in love with each other :love: I'll take pics later when he's up making mischief.

Edited by suziwong66

Toys that have an ability to hold a dog's attention. Eg Food puzzles, Kongs etc especially if your breed has a high food motivation. Chew toys that roll etc One that has really gotten Wilbur's interest has a teeny tennis ball that's covered in material to look like bear's head with a tail that is like a long windsock. The windsock part is made from a hard nylon material and has crinkly noisy paper inside. This toy was only a few bucks from Big W. there is a bigger version available which i'll get when he's bigger.

I would def get a Kong and then some sort of soft toy for pup to snuggle up to. What breed are you getting??

I have a whole cupboard of toys for my current dog so im not buying pup many toys ( i still have a small Kong from when Mason was a pup) i am going to get him a treat dumbell so when i go out they each have their own kongs and treat dumbells :)

I'm getting a German Shepherd puppy so I need toys that are tough, at least I think. Definitely getting a Kong and maybe something else from that brand (Kong Wubba maybe). Might get a Snugga Wubba to double as a soft toy. Do your dogs like tug toys?

I am getting a standard poodle.

I have bought a kong puppy, kong wobbler (my other dog has tried it out and he loves it) I think I will get a kong puppy binkie and a wubba (one for each) as poodles love swimming. Also some stuffed toys and a teeth thing that hasn't arrived yet. I will try and steer clear of squeaky toys as Jetson (my older dog) wanders around the house with them crying, trying to determine the best place to bury them which is often in my bed!

I will try and post a pic of our little girl.

Glad the puppies first night went well!

I have bought a kong puppy, kong wobbler (my other dog has tried it out and he loves it) I think I will get a kong puppy binkie and a wubba (one for each) as poodles love swimming. Also some stuffed toys and a teeth thing that hasn't arrived yet. I will try and steer clear of squeaky toys as Jetson (my older dog) wanders around the house with them crying, trying to determine the best place to bury them which is often in my bed!

How exciting getting a standard poodle, I have two and neither of them like water much but they are tennis ball crazy. Are you going to show and will you do your own grooming? Whoops forgot what colour?

How exciting getting a standard poodle, I have two and neither of them like water much but they are tennis ball crazy. Are you going to show and will you do your own grooming? Whoops forgot what colour?

Maybe she won't like swimming then, not had a standard before. Jetson loves it and so did my toy. No not going to show and no to the grooming. I hate clipping, have tried it before but I wasn't very good at it.

She is silver.

I'm getting a German Shepherd puppy so I need toys that are tough, at least I think. Definitely getting a Kong and maybe something else from that brand (Kong Wubba maybe). Might get a Snugga Wubba to double as a soft toy. Do your dogs like tug toys?

When I first got my White Shepherd I bought heaps of toys but then found that all she wanted to play with was balls. So my suggestion would be to get something from each sort of toy and then just try and find which ones are the chosen toys for your particular dog.