Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Im jelous suzie as we have 4 weeks left still :(

I feel for you! it's thus far, been an 8 week wait for us...5 sleeps to go. The only time it flew was during our two week holiday...the rest of the time has dragged by. I hope your time left is speedier than ours has been. :)

The labs are loving the water :)

And Hudson is beautiful :)

We have 5 sleeps left too :)

What time is pickup for your puppy? Our plane eta is at 3:30 pm & pick up from Toll Freight is 4:00pm...i'll be there at around 3:00 pm :laugh:

Not sure yet, probably around 10 am :)

The labs are loving the water :)

And Hudson is beautiful :)

We have 5 sleeps left too :)

What time is pickup for your puppy? Our plane eta is at 3:30 pm & pick up from Toll Freight is 4:00pm...i'll be there at around 3:00 pm :laugh:

Paddington arrived at Toll freight about 10 mins after his plane landed...with me waiting there impatiently! I think if it had've taken the full half hour I don't know if I would have lasted!!

Hi All,

My wife and I have put a deposit down on a Baby Basset Hound. We are from Perth and the puppy will be flying in from SA in just over 2 weeks hopefully.

The pics below are from the breeder, at just under 6 weeks old :)

DSC09194.jpg

DSC09181.jpg

This is our first dog. Does anyone have any tips for how to get him settled in after his flight??

...Adam

Hi All,

My wife and I have put a deposit down on a Baby Basset Hound. We are from Perth and the puppy will be flying in from SA in just over 2 weeks hopefully.

DSC09194.jpg

DSC09181.jpg

This is our first dog. Does anyone have any tips for how to get him settled in after his flight??

...Adam

Lots of chew toys and coffee for sleepless nights of whining/house breaking. Lots of phots and cuddles lol congrats!

Hi All,

DSC09194.jpg

DSC09181.jpg

...Adam

Awwww good gawd he's a cutie! My input:

keep puppy calm and don't invite visitors around until he's settled into the family.

Take him straight home and out to the back yard to evacuate. Then give him a drink and some dinner as he'll have been food restricted that day. Once he's eaten, be aware he'll be wanting to evacuate soon after, so make sure he's in the area where you want him to evacuate. Don't change his diet from what he's used to at the breeders (at least til he's settled).

Organise a vet check within the first week.

Seek out puppy classes asap.

Make sure he's restrained in the car on the way back to your house from the airport.

If you have purchased his travel crate i'd not open the door and let him out at the airport simply because he may get stressed being put back into it for the drive home. I know you'll be dying for some puppy love but i would resist so as to keep puppy's stress levels as low as possible.

Have bedding, softie's and other toys ready for him when he arrives and introduce his bed to him.

Are you crate training your puppy?

What have you considered re toilet training? outside/inside evacuation?

have you considered the house rules, methods of training, who will be primary care giver etc

so much to think about :laugh: and lots to learn about with a new fur baby in the house :)

enjoy.