Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

He is amazing! 3 sleeps for us! So excited! Got our Newf book in the mail today and will hopefully have everything in time for Friday!!!

YAY!!! How exciting, cant wait to see photos

Alli how is you boy doing? Is he settling in well? :thumbsup: So excited!!!

I'm picking mine up in the morning of the 12th, no set time yet. She's only 10 mins from me:)

I'm doing puppy class with Carolyn Read. she has a rolling group now, so you can join on any week and not have to wait for the next lot. I have all the info from when we took Fly to her but i really value her work and advice and of course puppy gets to play with other dogs In a natural setting with lots of strange noises, lawnmower, chickens etc We will then go straight into foundation puppy agility at about 16 weeks

Ohhh I envy you having your pup only ten minutes away!! Ours is over 4 hours away!! I envy people who got to see their lil pups as newborns!!

I wonder if there's a thunder noise cd you can get to play so that the pup gets used to thunder? We had terrible thunder here last night :eek:

Yes i know cleanrun.com had them at one stage.

Joelle I thought about Carolyns classes but its such a drive that I am going to give it a miss. Mason only went to class after his 10 week shot ( so he was 12 weeks) and I will take pup from 13 weeks to our obedience clubs pup school.

I'm picking mine up in the morning of the 12th, no set time yet. She's only 10 mins from me:)

I'm doing puppy class with Carolyn Read. she has a rolling group now, so you can join on any week and not have to wait for the next lot. I have all the info from when we took Fly to her but i really value her work and advice and of course puppy gets to play with other dogs In a natural setting with lots of strange noises, lawnmower, chickens etc We will then go straight into foundation puppy agility at about 16 weeks

Ohhh I envy you having your pup only ten minutes away!! Ours is over 4 hours away!! I envy people who got to see their lil pups as newborns!!

I wonder if there's a thunder noise cd you can get to play so that the pup gets used to thunder? We had terrible thunder here last night :eek:

I know the thunder was so loud last night. Our 11month old boy pup was terrified, but our 7month old girl pup slept right through it!

I saw this last night when surfing this site. Have no idea of its worth/effectiveness etc

http://www.thevetshed.com.au/buy/dr-cam-days-frightful-noises-cd/FRIGHTCD

Suziwong66 those puppies are so cute, its funny how Chocolate Labradors don't fade and the chocolates in other breeds do. I have a chocolate toy poodle and she is almost white in places.

All the adults look like really lovely dogs, I bet you cant wait to have your new baby home.

Gorgeous!! Saturday is going to be a VERY exciting day for the both of us then. Paddington's coming home then too!

Awww yaye!!! Someone else gets their pup the same day as us!! Hehehe :laugh:

enjoy every moment of the puppy cuddles because they grow soooo fast. Not including childhood family dogs, Wilbur will be our 3rd puppy, but there have been 10 and then 14 years between each one arriving. I'm not looking forward to the broken sleeps, but am looking forward to all the other fun things about raising another puppy.

Awww thanks :) My partner will do most of the nights I'm hoping. We don't live in the best area and its freezing of a night here in Tassie! Not to mention the stairs that go down to our backyard lol!!

Glad someone else is getting their pup on the same day too - we can compare notes on sunday after the first night :laugh: Starting to get just a wee bit excited now!!!

Wilbur looks so serene! I love chocolate labs, and he is just gorgeous!!

Very jealous of all you people getting pups so soon, I just spoke to our breeder - we get to meet the pups on 28th aug and then pick up day is 24th sept - such a long wait!

2 sleeps to go for us!! We got Chester's portfolio in the post today! With a sample 1kg pack of proplan! Have been busy putting that and the black hawk into containers! It's amazing how much black hawk you get for under $100.. 20kg is heaps!!!

Well my last 24 hours has been a big one, I had hoped to have a Newfoundland join my mob some time in the next twelve months. Well that twelve months didnt happen when a 16 week old boy became available yesterday. He is from a breeder I have know well for about six years, I picked him up today so its been a very busy afternoon.

I will post photos after, its always hard to get a good photo of a black dog. His name has been Mannie but not sure I like it so am still thinking about names.

Well my last 24 hours has been a big one, I had hoped to have a Newfoundland join my mob some time in the next twelve months. Well that twelve months didnt happen when a 16 week old boy became available yesterday. He is from a breeder I have know well for about six years, I picked him up today so its been a very busy afternoon.

I will post photos after, its always hard to get a good photo of a black dog. His name has been Mannie but not sure I like it so am still thinking about names.

OH GOSH!!! How exciting! Are you going to show your boy? :D PHOTOS!!!! Is he from Cornerbrook? Has he been a good boy? We get our Maddy in less than 24 hours!! :thumbsup:

OH GOSH!!! How exciting! Are you going to show your boy? :D PHOTOS!!!! Is he from Cornerbrook? Has he been a good boy? We get our Maddy in less than 24 hours!! :thumbsup:

Yes I am going to show him but in just a couple of months we stop showing up here because it gets to hot.

He is Opalbay which is in patnership with Cornerbrook so the mum is cornerbrook but his prefix is Opalbay. He is sound asleep at the moment on my kitchen floor, I just hope that doesnt mean he wont sleep all night. I will do photos real soon.

You must be so excited as well, my boys name has been Mannie but not sure I like it so am still thinking about a name. I did have Memphis but not sure on that either.

Edited by mish13

2 sleeps to go for us!! We got Chester's portfolio in the post today! With a sample 1kg pack of proplan! Have been busy putting that and the black hawk into containers! It's amazing how much black hawk you get for under $100.. 20kg is heaps!!!

Hey AG - where did you get your Black Hawk from?

Yes I am going to show him but in just a couple of months we stop shoing up here because it gets to hot.

He is Opalbay which is in patnership with Cornerbrook so the mum is cornerbrook but his prefix is Opalbay. He is sound asleep at the moment on my kitchen floor, I just hope that doesnt mean he wont sleep all night. I will do photos real soon.

You must be so excited as well, my boys name has been Mannie but not sure I like it so am still thinking about a name. I did have Memphis but not sure on that either.

He would be out of coat in summer wouldn't he because of the heat? We will be showing our girl :)

Yes, was it him they had up on DOL? I saw it today when I was looking at puppies. Oh gosh I hope he sleeps for your tonight :) So excited to see him.

I am so excited! :D I just got told I am aloud to bring her to work :thumbsup: I am really happy about that. Mannie is a cute name. I really wanted to call our Newf Barney, but it was a girl. I love picking names! You'll find the perfect name for him. Mannie reminds me of Ice Age!