Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

I think i will stick with the C 3, i dont like C5's my current lab had a reaction to his at 10 weeks - he has not been vaccinated again ( i titre test) as he is an allergy dog

had Wilbur not been travelling with exposure to unknown variables i'd be sticking to the c3 like you have chosen to do. Having lost a puppy to vaccinated puppy to parvo 24 years ago, i'm probably a little over cautious. Even though i know para influenza isn't fatal i don't want a small puppy to get it.

New pics of Wilbur and the girls.

Escape from Alcatraz or 'Naughty Pants'

5993301620_cdfd5952e8.jpg

Is this the puppy equivalent of gossiping at the water cooler?

5992742343_9bacba0874.jpg

Indoor dining

5993301758_71dd4d45ae.jpg

Out door dining

5993301116_e4ff698e0a.jpg

Playing with the big dogs

5993301360_57a55f865b.jpg

12 days till pick up :cheer:

Awww!! Far too cute! I'm jealous you're so close - still 19 days to go for me. Getting there. Are you all set up and ready? I think I'm almost there - just sitting and waiting now...

Awww!! Far too cute! I'm jealous you're so close - still 19 days to go for me. Getting there. Are you all set up and ready? I think I'm almost there - just sitting and waiting now...

I think we're ready. We're going the raw food diet route so won't be buying food until mid next week. I made a large bed doona cover (for lounging in the lounge with us in the evening) just after we knew he was coming to us (you can stuff it with pre-loved thrift blankets).

5993018895_d25cdc7881.jpg

5993019645_21896c8994.jpg

have softy toys, tug toys, balls, kongs etc a hard travel crate to start with and we're buying a 42" wire crate on wheels after he's settled in. Collars, leads & bowls are sorted. Clicker & treats & training videos & books have been read and watched.

what else have i forgotten??? there's bound to be something :laugh:

33 days to go, saw pup yesterday and they are lovely, both yellow boys are lovely so will be happy with either one :)

okay! now you're just teasing us :scold: c'mon now, i'm sure you're holding out on us! where are the pics you took yesterday? :p

I think I am ready for my pup to come home, I have 2 beds so thats sorted ( plus the one is massive so think they will share) I have heaps of food bowls and Mason has a whole cupboard of toys so I feel bad buying more when pup can just use the ones we already have but I will get him some new toys of course. I do need a lead and collar for the little guy though :)

I think we're ready. We're going the raw food diet route so won't be buying food until mid next week. I made a large bed doona cover (for lounging in the lounge with us in the evening) just after we knew he was coming to us (you can stuff it with pre-loved thrift blankets).

have softy toys, tug toys, balls, kongs etc a hard travel crate to start with and we're buying a 42" wire crate on wheels after he's settled in. Collars, leads & bowls are sorted. Clicker & treats & training videos & books have been read and watched.

The doona cover is such a clever idea - I might borrow that once I have some spare time and the inclination to do a little sewing!

The doona cover is such a clever idea - I might borrow that once I have some spare time and the inclination to do a little sewing!

I got the idea from all the hassle of washing and rewashing the 2 beds & bed covers for Casper. At the end he was incontinent and i was forever washing but the inner mattress part of the beds weren't drying fast enough. When i ran out of beds I was laying old blankets in a pile for him, but of course they were moving about. I figured i'd stay with the blanket layering idea because blankets are easy to wash and dry in the drier if necessary. I buy thrift blankets & doonas and stuff the doona cover i made. The zip is on the wider side so that it's easier to slide folded blankets in. I made a pattern so that cutting was easier and i could quickly make more if i want. This one is huge; for a full size large dog. I'm considering making a smaller one for him while he's a puppy.

What a great idea!

I have finally picked a breeder and a litter that at the moment is just a twinkle in the breeder's eye (bitch not mated yet, but litter planned).

Shock horror - I will be waiting for up to 6 months!!!

She's a great breeder and it will be a great pup. I will need to get super-busy until then to keep my mind off it between now and then.

I know 6 months isn't long really, but right now it feels like an eternity.

Edited by Zug Zug

That is such a great idea! :thumbsup: