Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Looks fantastic LisaCC!

Been a bit quiet lately, Raiden had been worrying me with his apparent lack of wanting to eat then when I think I should get him checked out he decided he would eat as if nothing was ever the matter. I also had to rush him off to the vets yesterday as I thought he was bloating as his tummy was twice the size it normally was, on the way he vomited,peed and pooped in my car (which was revolting to clean up and the smell made me want to hurl and I still don't feel clean) opened the back up to find him sitting there looking pretty happy with himself still with a huge tummy though. Got him into the vets and they gave him something to stop him vomiting and a bit of degas stuff which after 10mins I couldn't stand being near him as his farts were nightmare inducing he also peed on their floor then decided it was time to leave. While this was all going on I was so relived he hadn't bloated that I didn't really care about the mess in the car until I had to clean it of course, although a small part of me wished I had of taken photos of it as my description of the horror doesn't do it justice on the upside my car now smells like Glen 20 and not like poop/wee/vomit.

Raiden is all better now and asleep at my feet after having a good day kicking back at home :D

--Lhok

6 Hours to go, Wahhhh didn't get to sleep till 1am as we had allot of work to get done for my OH's side business, woke up at 5:30am this morning on the dot, have allot of energy for someone with only 4.5hrs sleep :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Been without Internet for a couple of days, except for crappy 3G on my phone (which also decided it would stop working as normal). I really missed my DOL fix!!!

Lisa - That is brilliant! I'm just learning to sew, so there's no way I'd noticed any mistakes. You've given me ideas though, now I want to try my hand at making one for Louis!

Lhok - Wow, poor Raiden and poor you! So glad he's better now, but did they figure out what was wrong or what caused it?

I'm going to show you guys this now, because I'm pretty damn impressed with myself biggrin.gif. It's not finished but I have exams coming up and this took way too long (around 5 hours) just to get it to this stage so it might not get finished for a few more weeks!

Here is my attempt at making a crate cover, 3 1/4 sides done. 1 door done, when rolled up it's currently held by my calculator and some stuff as I forgot to buy buttons. Oops.

Excuse the dodgy lighting, but it works in my favour as you can't see the crappy details that comes with not sewing anything by machine in 6 years or so!

I think I'll try and replace the velcro dots with white ones too.

post-44325-0-63685700-1369917810_thumb.jpg

post-44325-0-69197000-1369917817_thumb.jpg

post-44325-0-47851300-1369917827_thumb.jpg

Wow! If you keep that up you'll be getting orders from DOL'ers in no time. Sure beats the towels I put over my crates (that make awesome play things as soon as I turn my back :laugh: )

I'm going to show you guys this now, because I'm pretty damn impressed with myself biggrin.gif. It's not finished but I have exams coming up and this took way too long (around 5 hours) just to get it to this stage so it might not get finished for a few more weeks!

Here is my attempt at making a crate cover, 3 1/4 sides done. 1 door done, when rolled up it's currently held by my calculator and some stuff as I forgot to buy buttons. Oops.

Excuse the dodgy lighting, but it works in my favour as you can't see the crappy details that comes with not sewing anything by machine in 6 years or so!

I think I'll try and replace the velcro dots with white ones too.

post-44325-0-63685700-1369917810_thumb.jpg

post-44325-0-69197000-1369917817_thumb.jpg

post-44325-0-47851300-1369917827_thumb.jpg

Wow! If you keep that up you'll be getting orders from DOL'ers in no time. Sure beats the towels I put over my crates (that make awesome play things as soon as I turn my back :laugh: )

Thank you, but I'm not motivated enough to do that! laugh.gif That's a half a days work right there and it's not done! But after I thought I could make one the "Easy way" I realised I made it a lot harder for myself. If I ever need to make another one I'll be doing it differently! Melina if you attempt one DO NOT follow the way I've put it together!

Edited by LisaCC

Almost settled on a name, here's hoping it fits! I can't go through the deciding process again. All well and good when it's just me, but factoring in another person sucks!

Anyone else get to a point where they were no longer just excited, but that took a back seat to blind panic and impatience?

This morning I was on the way to work (not a good start, but hey) and I was thinking how much I just wish this was over simultaneously with sweet heck we are not ready (we are, really. As ready as we can be)

Wonder where that fits on the scale of puppy waiting?

Lisa - If I make my own it'll probably not work out at all anyway :laugh:

Steph - Enjoy it while you can!

We're going to a gig tonight, it's the first time we'll leave Louis home alone :( And The Great Gatsby is out this weekend, so might leave him alone again before Monday :eek: Or maybe just leave it till next weekend.

Edited by Melina Bea

Almost settled on a name, here's hoping it fits! I can't go through the deciding process again. All well and good when it's just me, but factoring in another person sucks!

Anyone else get to a point where they were no longer just excited, but that took a back seat to blind panic and impatience?

This morning I was on the way to work (not a good start, but hey) and I was thinking how much I just wish this was over simultaneously with sweet heck we are not ready (we are, really. As ready as we can be)

Wonder where that fits on the scale of puppy waiting?

YES!

Steph they're called Fun Machine. Described as "Electropop to indie rock and alt-folk. Sounds weird but is AWESOME". So we'll see.

I'm sure Louis will just sleep, I just feel bad leaving him completely alone for the first time. The radio is always on so I doubt he can tell the difference between people being in the house or not! It interferes a bit with his schedule (dinner - pen time - cuddle - bedtime). Will be more like dinner and bedtime in pen, with no cuddles or being let out :( I'm sure he'll survive!

I accidentally kicked him today (I was only wearing ugg-style slippers though) and he also had a traumatic moment when something frozen fell out of the fridge when I opened the door. He's over both incidents now, so I'm sure tonight won't kill him :laugh:

Can't wait to see Jack's puppy!

That sounds rad!

Compared to such horrors a quiet night might be just what he needs to recover!

Our little dude is coming down with his mama and his sister, who are both going to live with a lovely, lovely lady and she and I have been emailing back and forth with a countdown.

It's far too exciting to have someone to countdown with. It's not helping my fluctuating levels of calm.