Fresh Start So Everyone Can Have A Go

Steve

Ive started a new thread for this to make it easier for people to see whats going on.

O.K. Here's one for a bit of fun - I will donate this ticket for the Dog Owners Choice Awards about the awards and the winner can have it for nothing.

Ive sent an email to Troy to tell him when the cut off time is so I cant cheat.

From now on the last person to post in this thread before that cut off time will get a free dinner ticket - value $100.

The cut off could be a an hour a day a week etc

Gumpette is the last post in on the other thread so we will pick up from there.

Last post before the cut off wins.

While we're vying for last spot - Lets talk about what brings you to dogz and what you get out of it. How long you've been visiting.The kind of threads that get you back here more often

What you hope to get out of visiting here and what you have taken from it.You can say nice things about some of the posters etc but keep the theme to dogz life.

Only positive stuff - if you dont have good stuff to say - talk about something else. Negative comments will be disqualified from being in the running.

O.K. Ready set go.

Gumpette is coming in first in line for a freebie.

Lets have some fun while we hang out here for a minute and get to know each other a bit better.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told about this forum (DOGZ) a couple of years ago even before I got my puppers. Have learnt lots of information, great advice most of the time and my fav area is OT. Am yet to post in breeders thread as I have bred yet, have all the paperowrk for my prefix just havent sent it off, cant rush these things lol. I contibute sometimes othertimes I just read and laugh and sometimes have a good cry. What can I say except - My name is Chris and I have an addiction to DOL :-)

Some of the lovely people I have met and even from interstate are Flaves (no longer on here) King, Benshiva xx, Ellis, Sandra xx, Little Pixie, Kamuzz, Ange, Bilbo Baggins and BBJ, Nat, Danni, Caryl and Matt. others I have become friends with online but have yet to meet are Shepmax, Firestone, other Gail gosh I have probably missed someone out sorry. Lots of helpful info from all of them and of course all of you.

Edited by PooMother

I come to DOL as it opens up the world to me. Working from home can be socially isolating.

I love the info re dogs and dog related subjects.

If I need to know about anything current relating to dog happenings like news articles, proposed law changes, I come here.

Traning advice - this is the place to come

For a good laugh or cry I go to Off Topic (Dear....... :D )

To share photos and brags about the dogs with people who understand I come to DOL.

To educate and be educated I come to DOL.

and Grumpette the best thing is if you dont know something you just make a post on DOL and someone always knows the answer and it costs you nothing :-)

:D :) Kamuzz, quite like my name after all this time might just keep it lol

Hey :)

Here since 2004 2005 (whoops! Could have sworn it was 2004 .... :D). Actually came in because someone I know posted and I was interested in what was said. Ended up registering so I could respond, because I just couldn't help myself ;)

Edited by Erny

Don't know why I posted, because I don't think I can get there anyway :). So just ignore mine, Troy :D. I think I had one of those "can't help myself' moments again.

Edited by Erny

Well my avatar says I joined 19/2/03 but I was around long before that. I was around almost at the beginning of DOL but lost my logon during a refurbish of DOL.

I remember well those early days, it was such a close knit family back then with such vast knowledge. Now a days it is a much much larger family. Now there is hugely vast bank of knowedge. Yes it gets frustrating when newbies come along and profess to know it all when they really don't but on the whole those newbies just add to the mix in a good way.

I have stuck around through thick and thin because DOL really is like a family. I don't post so much anymore but still have a read.

Good luck for the awards night, I thoroughly enjoyed the inaugural awards night (especially since I won :D ) and it sounds like it has just grown into a wonderful 'gala' night. Have fun everyone.

Hmmmm I dont have much to say. I like DOL because its like minded people who can share ideas. I have been around for a while, but did not really post for a long time. But the memory is poor so I dont remember anymore! LOL

I was looking for Papillon breeders and DOL kept coming up in the Google search...and then I saw Mature Dogs available...and there were Papillons and I got my little Tonka....and then his breeder said that there was a great forum she had discovered on the DOL site. I have become a faithful member, love the community and good info, plus fun and interesting things in OT :D

I had been a regular poster on an overseas dog forum and decided it was time to find an Aussie equivalent as it was frustrating getting to know all these people and dogs I would never meet :eek: I've since met several people from DoL and their lovely dogs :D Most of the time I read rather than post as there are so many people here that by the time I read the post anything I would have said is already said :eek: but I learn tons from reading.

I love DoL because there are people from every corner of the dog world here who share their views and experiences. We have tons of experienced pet people, dog sport people, showies and breeders, working dog people, pet care professionals, rescuers and trainers of all sorts. Also I love that there is pretty much every breed covered by at least one poster on here and we have the odd overseas poster who adds a different perspective again. :)

The other reason I love DoL is because it is a great time waster, especially useful for killing away the many hours late at night when I can't sleep ;)

I joined DOL on a far flung recommendation from Dougie...Uncle Arfur.... KipMckool and whatever he was known as over time.

So, who is coming to the Awards even without a free ticket?

Edited by ~Anne~