Getting Fur Out Of Carpet

luffy4688

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A wertheim with a power head - more effective that my sisters dyson :(

Ditto, but can be any model vac as long as it has good suction to work the power head :cry:

The suction driven brush head is called a "Turbo Head". A power head has it's own power supply and runs independently of any suction.

Another Wertheim fan here - not much left in the carpet after it's had a go with that!

Jim's Cleaning :laugh::laugh: :D

His vacuum cleaner is a heavy duty industrial one that he carries around on his back. Doesn't leave a single hair in the place.

In between him visiting I use our upright Dyson (with power head). It is a fairly old model (about 6 or 7 years??), but it still does a great job. I have had them service it a couple of times and replace a few things. Dyson offer a brilliant after sales service and repairs etc.

I think there's a Dyson-led conspiracy going on ... I went to David Jones today, where I bought my Nilfisk many years ago and have bought my vacuum cleaner bags ever since. And they had none! :laugh: Nor did they sell Nilfisks any more. They told me to go to Myer, who had four boxes of old stock, and told me they would not be restocking the bags as everyone is buying Dysons now.

Of course they are ... because the stores don't seem to be selling anything else. There is a huge Dyson display, and down behind that, on the floor, are a few little Mieles and Hoovers. In both DJs and Myer. End of rant :laugh:

and ....

the other obvious solution ( dont hit me, I just had too)

get a Xoloitzcuintle, they just cant afford to lose any hair!

:):thumbsup::laugh:

As above. I know the obvious answer would probably be to have tiled floors and no carpet. But I was wondering for those of you with carpets out there, how do you get rid of loose fur out of the carpet as the normal vacuums don't seem to be pretty effective.

and ....

:):thumbsup::laugh:

As above. I know the obvious answer would probably be to have tiled floors and no carpet. But I was wondering for those of you with carpets out there, how do you get rid of loose fur out of the carpet as the normal vacuums don't seem to be pretty effective.

:laugh: :laugh: :rofl:

Wanna trade?? :rofl: Love the look of the xolos.

Edited by luffy4688

and ....

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

:D :love::rofl:

Wanna trade?? :D Love the look of the xolos.

Some days yes, but they are really not a good trade, they were never let into a house till I got them and really they are so primitive, they do not know the diff from indoors to outdoors, they assume everything is a tree to pee on.lol

I know I used to use rubber gloves to remove the dog hair from the car seats when I had Labradors, they worked great, maybe a rubber type broom ??

:)

and ....

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

:D :love::rofl:

Wanna trade?? :D Love the look of the xolos.

Some days yes, but they are really not a good trade, they were never let into a house till I got them and really they are so primitive, they do not know the diff from indoors to outdoors, they assume everything is a tree to pee on.lol

I know I used to use rubber gloves to remove the dog hair from the car seats when I had Labradors, they worked great, maybe a rubber type broom ??

:)

Yeah, I plan to get 1 of those rubber brooms and probably a Bissell Pet Eraser carpet cleaner as well. Awesome website btw. Love Taha and Besitos. :stupid: I have not seen a xolo in the flesh before though.

[Yeah, I plan to get 1 of those rubber brooms and probably a Bissell Pet Eraser carpet cleaner as well. Awesome website btw. Love Taha and Besitos. :rofl: I have not seen a xolo in the flesh before though.

Thanks

lol in the flesh!! They dont eat them anymore!!

Sorry, another Dyson fan here. I have a barrel one (DC19???) with turbo brush. I'm sure the powerhead would be better still, but the turbo still does a damn good job. I bought mine with my Altitude points, then bought the turbo head separately. I use the normal head for the tiles. I didn't have enough points for the powerhead model.

I don't like upright vacs b/c I don't have anywhere to store them.

ETA: Picks up the dog hair with no problem, nor was the LH cat hair a problem b4 she went to the bridge.

Edited by greytdog

Hopefully some1 will come along telling us what it is.

I think this thread was all about the broom.

Yes that's it. I've got one and it works great ie when I remember to use it :rofl:

Another costless option if you are feeling energetic that works for me is put on some rubber soles shoes or slippers, I use ugg slippers/boots and slide your foot along the carpet. You'd be surprised how much comes together in a ball of hair.

Also, I recently bought a bottom of the range Bissell carpet cleaner on eBay for just over $200. I was sooo amazed at how much cat hair it picked up and how clean it got the carpet. Works a treat. My cleaning lady couldn't believe how well it worked and is getting one for herself.

We do this :rofl:

Hopefully some1 will come along telling us what it is.

I think this thread was all about the broom.

Yes that's it. I've got one and it works great ie when I remember to use it :thumbsup:

Another costless option if you are feeling energetic that works for me is put on some rubber soles shoes or slippers, I use ugg slippers/boots and slide your foot along the carpet. You'd be surprised how much comes together in a ball of hair.

Also, I recently bought a bottom of the range Bissell carpet cleaner on eBay for just over $200. I was sooo amazed at how much cat hair it picked up and how clean it got the carpet. Works a treat. My cleaning lady couldn't believe how well it worked and is getting one for herself.

We do this :)

It's great isn't it and so easy, well if you don't mind a bit of leg exercise. I generally sit in my lounge chair, stretch my legs out and drag my feet back towards me along the carpet. Maybe two or three times in the same spot after picking up the rolls of hair. But it's something you can do just while sitting a watching tele so doesn't really have to be a big type housework job. Unless of course your rooms are so big and you can't move the chairs around and watch tele at the same time lol. But I just sometimes do it whilst I'm walking along, just slide my feet along the carpet, do what I have to do, and pick up the rolls of hair when walking back.

Great for between big cleaning jobs!

Short of a vacuum cleaner with those rotating banging things.

I have those rubber brooms you often see in hairdressers. Works a treat to get the hair of carpets and mats. Of course it will depend on how much carpet you have too.