Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another candle lit for Jed.

Poor Souff. It seems so long ago now that some of us read the news, but that initial heart breaking stomach turning shock of finding this thread doesn't really fade. Hugs to you too.

I'm guessing poor Souff has yet to get to the page that made us all bawl. ;) Hugs to you Souff, you'll need them. :laugh:

And for everybody else who might need one...:thumbsup:

I go about my normal life and something happens/is seen that reminds me. Like last week when I went to a friends place via a different route(blo$%$^ Tom Tom) I saw a burnt out house. :eek:

Same here...seeing a candle makes me think of Jed, lighting the stove reminds me of what happened, walking past the computer makes me think of Jed (and wonder if there are any updates). Housemate has a cavalier x, so I think of Jed and her babies whenever I see her little dog. As if that's not enough to remind me, my best friend works for FESA (Fire and Emergency Services) in the 000 call centre.

Dennys dog is a committed leaner so be strong everyone -he thinks it is an endearing trait

Luckily for him, so do I. :cry: Come and lean here, Dennys dog.

I'm so glad there are no calories in the waiting room as I can't resist croissants, cinnamon doughnuts or scones with strawberry jam and cream...

*tries not to drip any jam on nice white maremma coat*

Edited by hortfurball

Quietly pops in, thermoses of tea, coffee and hot chocolate left on the table.

You are in my thoughts every day Jed. I check in here every time I log in. So many people out here thinking of you - it says a lot about you. A small thing but I hope that it brings you a little comfort.

Certainly need some of that coffee this morning Notsodogless, we are running late so school, but I just had to check on here first. Reading Hotfurball's post has made me start crying again thinking of all Jane and her dogs have been through..

Morning Jed and fellow waiting room occupants.

Jed, Dyzney and Jag send you big sloppy doggie kisses.

And I am still sending as much strength and positivity that I can muster.

Souff, long time, no see. This must be such a shock for you. If you do read this entire thread, it will be tough. Hugs to you.

Well, (rolls up sleeping bag from off the floor), I have to go do some work, but I will be back.

You ladies are awesome, but if I so as much as look at another scone, bickie or chocolate, I will throw up. I have never eaten so much yummy food. :shrug:

Might have a boring salad today, just for something different.

My head says I should not have had those sambuccas last night. :laugh:

Jed, hope your day is another forward step

Been a little unwell so have had a small break from the waiting room, just checking in to see how Jed is and everyone else.

I agree HFB so many things remind you. I saw the most beautiful black and tan Cavalier down town - not a breed you see too mnay of down here - and I immediately thought of Jed and wondered how she was doing.

I might quietly slip out after grabbing a latte, kids to get to school and I really need to go back to bed.

Fingers crossed and many many positive thoughts sent for Jed

Good morning. Another day to Up 'n' at 'em, Jed. Or at least another step towards that.

How y'all goin'? (In my best fake Southern USA accent :shrug::( )

We have some sunshine here and I am hoping it lasts long enough to get out and walk the dogs. They have been perfect in the waiting room, just lying around sleeping and giving the occasional big big stretch.

Is there any chance that someone could deputise for Jed and give us an update on how she is travelling these past few days? Pleeeeeeeeeazzzzzzzze. Begging - :laugh:

Just popping in to drop off a potato bake dish for lunch ( I know its a tad early , but it magically stays hot and yummy !! )

Also penned another little poem for Jed - thinking of you and willing you back to goood health :laugh:

Time slowly moves on

And we all wait to hear

Hoping only for good news

The alternative we fear

In our virtual waiting room

Food and stories are shared

For when it comes to our Jed

There's always a fond word

Right now she is resting

And starting to heal

All the love and good wishes

She'll most certainly feel

So lets all light a new candle

And send a good vibe

From all your true friends

At the Dogz Online tribe

The reminders are everywhere :laugh: I flipped over a page on my daily doggy calendar this morning and there is the most beautiful golden cocker on today's page.

I brought in some BBQ pork belly for lunch if anyone is interested.

*sets down hot food and table napkins*

:laugh: great poem Mona ,hers one of my dittys ....

The waiting room is filled to busting ,& we are all here & trusting ,

That we will all soon be hearing good news ,

To chase aways our fears & blues .

The weather here is not the best ,So a real good time for Jed to rest .

Dont rush yourself on our behalf,But join us all as we wait,eat,talk & try to raise a laugh .

All of us are waiting here,just for you ,

sending healing vibes ,love & care so true.

Every day of healing is one day less,

Trusting soon you will be able your loved ones to carress.

::: sit and grins at this room full of love, good food and fantastic company :::

ahhhhh the procrastination of life.... sigh... well I will sit here quietly doing my course and listen to the great conversations going on... please excuse me if I don't say much

Both those poems and great ...and oh so true

I think after Jed has gotten better and healed we need to make another waiting room in off topic so this vibe of friendliness and camaraderie can continue

and we can continue to wish those with misfortune and ill health a road to recovery

what do you think?

Cockerlover , that a lovely poem too :dancingelephant:

Wow - just shows how special Jed is that she has poems written for her ... Just like all the great fugures in history .....

Liking the waiting room - very tru harminee ... there is certainly an abundance of love in here ... Sure Jed is feeling it...

have to pop back to work now unfortunately.....

See you all later ...