Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally have some energy back so have popped in to have some Tim tams and a coffee.

**picks up Whippets, plonks on lounge and drapes Whippet across lap again****

Lots of lovely dogs in here *** as a Newfie leaps across the lounge chasing other whippet***

I love it how they can play and not wreck anything, or injure each other.

Still checking every day Jed. Hope today is one step forward again today

Afternoon all :thumbsup: Hope today is an even better one, jed.

Hmm.. not many here today- that's ok- families need to have some time too :)

So - those who are here may enjoy some fresh apple & cinnamon muffins :laugh:

I'll pop back later .

How lovely and cosy it is in here after an afternoon in the garden. Hope you are having a restful day, Jed :)

Thanks to those who dropped off the afternoon tea - just what I needed. Will curl up with the Sunday papers for a little bit. Ooops...I have had to stretch out my legs so all 3 cats can snuggle in. I might be here for a while. Tough life, eh!

Thinking of you, Jed. Every day, because your experience has reminded me to enjoy every moment I have with my dogs and family. Nothing is taken for granted.

Will crawl back into my corner and hug my dogs now, and Harminee will wave her magic wand and make us all cheery again.

Eta I've just been re-reading the start of this thread and got miserable. Then read some of this end - this is such a special place to be!

Edited by Katdogs

Been absent for a few days, stopping by to check the waiting room, so glad so many keeping the candles going. Have re lit mine and keep them burning brightly every night at home. Thinking of you every day Jed, appreciating the little things more than ever, I am in awe at the wonderful compassion and love pouring out of the room. Bless you all.

:) taking a moment again to think on your bravery Jed, your incredible bravery :)

Sigh...so right. We are all waiting hopefully for good news on the recovery front for Jed but the event that brought us here and united us all in our vigil is not forgotten, nor the little souls lost that night. ;)

Off to light another candle...

Hi all

Just popping in to bring you all some jaffas and chippies so you can enjoy your chosen DVD tonight. Hoped for more news from down the hall, but I expect they are busy looking after Jed, maybe there'll be some tomorrow.

Might just sit down for a while and take a load off, it was a busy day of housework today, then I'll toddle of and relight the candle.

I keep asking myself why I cannot stay away from this thread, why I keep thinking about Jed, why it matters to me.

I don't know Jed/Jane, I don't breed or show dogs, my dogs are not her beloved breeds. I don't even post much on DOL.

So why?

Because what Jed did shows true compassion, love and everything I treasure in humans.

Because not many would have the courage to sacrifice their own well-being for animals.

Because she's saved lives.

So Jane/Jed, you have my admiration and respect.

I will be lighting the candle of hope each and every day until you are well.

I will be thinking of you and wishing you full and speedy recovery.

Get well. Jed, get well.

Edited to apologise for the "big" words. Somehow they best express what I feel

Edited by Anna

I keep asking myself why I cannot stay away from this thread, why I keep thinking about Jed, why it matters to me.

I don't know Jed/Jane, I don't breed or show dogs, my dogs are not her beloved breeds. I don't even post much on DOL.

So why?

Because what Jed did shows true compassion, love and everything I treasure in humans.

Because not many would have the courage to sacrifice their own well-being for animals.

Because she's saved lives.

So Jane/Jed, you have my admiration and respect.

I will be lighting the candle of hope each and every day until you are well.

I will be thinking of you and wishing you full and speedy recovery.

Get well. Jed, get well.

Edited to apologise for the "big" words. Somehow they best express what I feel

Anna I second this you have put into words what I have been feeling since I heard about this horrible event.

Get well soon Jane your furbabies need you.

I am going to light another candle.

Good Morning Jed and waiting room.

Well today Jed is a glorious day here in Brissie but I hope you can see that from where you are. I am sure it's a great day for another day closer to a recovery for you.

Its the Red shield appeal day today and the star Denis Hopper passed awy but he had a good innings he was 74.

The weather down south is not going to be so kind and they are battening down the hatches.

Jessica Watson ( 16 yo sailor ) set sail yesterday back to Brisbane.

This is from your virtual news papaer lol :cry:

Bonduca, the virtual newspaper is such a good idea!

Candle lit again for Jed. Hoping for some good news soon.