Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

Hi sweet lady,

We are thinking of you and wishing you volumes of happiness ahead. You're forever changed, but still so much the same. No greater courage, no deeper love, no stronger committment to your loved ones could have happened. The universe will be there for you.

All our love,

Phillipa & family

Beautiful comments Sag.

Still thinking of you every day Jed. :rofl: Off to light another candle for your continued healing.

+1

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys - keep the candles and vibes going. They are definintely working. Saw the surgeon last week, and he was so impressed that the graft on top of my shoulder and down my back had taken and healed so well, as well as the other burns on arms and the other shoulder + the big graft on my hand. He was very pleased with himself, as he did the grafts, but it was his skill plus the healing vibes and thoughts from you all which are giving me the results.

Unfortunately, the graft from the top of my shoulder down the front of the arm and into the armpit is not healing so well (different area, moving part, not expected to heal as fast), and is giving me some grief. Something burning fell from the ceiling onto both shoulders and my hair. My flanno pyjamas caught fire, and although I ripped them off the shoulder was burned.

Having a crewcut is - um - interesting ;)

I went through my cards properly yesterday - I read them in hospital, but there were just so many, so I took the opportunity to read them again. So many and with such lovely good wishes, I felt so heartened in hospital, and I felt uplifted again yesterday.

I also read the beginning of this thread for the first time. The newspaper headlines were a little wrong Just letting you know that 5 adult dogs perished in the fire - from C02 before I woke up. They were not marked, or distressed, or burned, which gives me some comfort.

I have put memorials to them earlier in this thread.

From my 8 week old boxer litter of 6, I saved 3, but alas, three perished from smoke inhalation. Two of the remaining 3 have wonderful homes and I have kept a girl pup.

I now have 11 dogs, one of which is the female boxer puppy, one of the 3 of the litter I saved. She is my only boxer, and her registered name is Pheonix (pending). I hadn't meant to keep her, but it is her or nothing, and she is a sweetheart.

Jed, so wonderful, so fantaaaaaastic to read your post again.

I've been a bit busy with work, doglets and doing my clumsy embroidery for the quilt.

I have not stopped thinking of you every single day, please keep getting better and better and better.

Edited by Anna

Jed, I have only just read what happened (and shed many tears for you and your doglets along the way).

I lit a candle for you with healing thoughts for your mind, body, heart and soul.

You obviously have many, many people who are wishing you well. Add me to the list :dancingelephant:

I now have 11 dogs, one of which is the female boxer puppy, one of the 3 of the litter I saved. She is my only boxer, and her registered name is Pheonix (pending). I hadn't meant to keep her, but it is her or nothing, and she is a sweetheart.

:dancingelephant:

Thanks for posting Jed and letting us know how you are and letting us know about Phoenix. So good to hear you are getting better. :laugh:

Just popping in to say hello. Like many others here, I think about you often.

My life took a dramatic and unpleasant turn for the worse a couple of years ago. Not quite the hellish experience you have gone through, but bad enough, nevertheless. I am now, three years on, slowly putting the pieces back together. It seemed, for a very long time, that life would NEVER be good or even normal ever again, but I have gradually learned to accept my "new" normal. In an odd parallel, a puppy that I had not planned on keeping, was kept. We share an amazing bond, he and I. Perhaps because he has been with me on my slow journey back to "normal", perhaps because we are both a bit damaged or perhaps just because he is sweet. Regardless, I am glad to read you have wee Phoenix with you now.

Morning Jed.

Great to hear that the majority of your grafts are coming along so well. I hope the other one along your arms soon begins healing better. Must be frustrating for you.

Your hair will grow in no time :grouphug:

That is very special that you have kept Phoenix. I imagine in years to come Phoenis will become your very special friend as you endured so much together.

Jed, this morning I am off to go and visit my new puppy again, for the third time. She is only 3.5 weeks old, and I don't know which one I will be taking home yet, but I love goin to see them for cuddles, photos etc. I am very excited. The breeder is wonderful, just as I know you are towards your puppy people and the way you conduct your breeding ethics.

I truly hope you get your breeding program up and running again when you are ready. It would such a shame for the dog world to lose a wonderful breeder like you.

Have a good day Jed. I am glad going back through the cards gave you some happiness again. :thanks:

Take care

Edited by dyzney

:champagne: Hi Jed. Glad some of the grafts have taken well. Are wearing a pressure suit yet???

Keep on healing. :)

Ah, I have pressure gloves, pressure sleeves, pressure "bike pants" and a couple of cast iron long sleeved pressure vests, which took several hours to measure, needed a couple of fittings to get right, cost a zillion bucks and resemble those whalebone corsets you see in period movies, require two people to zip up, and allow only shallow breathing.

However, I am assured that they will assist healing, and will also reduce scarring, which in turn will allow full movement to return to the burned parts. If full motion does not return, further operations will be necessary to allow movement (which I heard as "slash and chop",) so I am very religious about wearing the pressure garments, so the chance of full movement returning is as good as it can be.

Although I was not happy about being sent home from hospital 2 weeks early, unable to walk, and without any basic instructions, the care I received in hospital was tops, and the job they did on the burns and grafts was tops, and I wouldn't like to do anything to retard that, so I am religious about doing as I should with the burns.

I am not yet able to drive, so haven't been able to see the kids after the visit with the production crew of Animal Rescue, so am looking forward to seeing them again.

I am so glad that things are improving albeit slowly. I continue to wish you a speedy recovery and really hope that Phoenix helps to mend your broken heart just a little bit.

(I must say though, it does feel a bit strange having Jed and Animal Rescue in the same sentence and it being all positive lol)

Jed, I am thinking of you and praying for you every day. It is so great to hear that so many of your grafts are healing so well.

I hope the other ones start to heal as they should too.

I am absolutely delighted to hear that you have kept little Phoenix. It was one of the things I asked earlier in the thread when homes were mentioned for the boxer puppies, was one being kept for you.

I am sure Phoenix will be a very special little girl.

Keep on doing the great job you are doing to get yourself better! :)