Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

More exciting news later this week...

Ooooh, looking forward to what it may be :rofl:

I haven't posted much, but still drop in for updates. Good to see you're getting better.

Still thinking of you and sending healing vibes and happy thoughts. :rofl:

I agree on the book idea. After reading your posts, it would be a cracker! Put me on the list for one :rofl:

ETA: Hope your computer is there soon. :bolt:

Edited by itsmeg

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jed,

i too must admit to a wide smile at the images of you being greeted by the fur crew!

but how on earth can you think that brindle could possibly be an unfavourite colour????

Lordy if i could get brindle maremmas i might possibly think i was in heaven!

actually come to think of it if some of my maremma friends read that comment i may just arrive at the pearly gates sooner than i thought

take care

hugs

H

Might take pre-orders on the book? Trouble is I think I've posted all the stories here.

Dogbesotted - I bred the brindle bitch on the previous page. I don't drown them at birth but I am just not keen on brindles. And I love her colour, but not enough to keep her, obviously :laugh:

If you have a brindle, I'd admire it but I don't want one, I find reds more pleasing to the eye. A good dog is a good dog. Have had one brindle dog. He was imported, it was brindle or nothing, so it was brindle, and yes, I loved him to bits. He was a bit slow, but very sweet and kind.

Some men like blondes - I like reds

Brindle maremmas. What's wrong with white white white? They don't even get dirty. Deshonko & Shonkypaws Kennels might try to develop a brindle maremma.

(Off to the lab now to see what's on the slab) :laugh:

Just wanted to add my best wishes Jed, you still have your sense of humour and fortitude!

After all you've been through they must have been a bit ragged every now and then!

Here's to continued healing and you being able to get on with your life very soon.

Look after yourself

Barb and Pippa

Thanks Barbnpippa. I am pretty ragged most of the time, however, I am a big believer in behavng as you wish things were, and eventually, it will be as you believed it would be, and as you behaved.

I also think everything happens for a reason, and when our dogs leave us they do go to the Rainbow Bridge, so I live in knowledge that I shall meet them again, as I shall meet their predecessors, and we shall all be reunited. I have no idea what the reason was in this case but I can tell it, IT SUCKS!!

Dell finally turned up. Mouse wouldn't work. Too much ratsack :) .

Hour on the phone last night - tech support - another hour today - returns. *sigh*

Went to Dick Smith $24 mouse, all good now, although I have outlook, and wanted outlook express, about to work that out.

Dell has tried, and the computer seems to work well.

I visited Sagittarian's shop at Keilor last week - great shop, so much stock, and such good quality. Everything you could possibly want to show or keep your dog. No bling leads though!! Go along, tell her Jed sent you. She wont give you a discount :crossfingers::thumbsup:

News of "the excitement" over the weekend, not sure when

Edited by Jed

Outlook is better than Outlook Express, once you get used to the difference.

Hey, you pay for Outlook while Outlook Express was free. (It has since been replaced by Windows Mail.)

Enjoy the learning curve (I think!)

Windows Mail sucks. I ordered that with my last laptop - you couldn't attach anything to anything which drove me mad.

this might be ok when I get the hang of it

4 Paws and More might have a website, you'll have to check it out, but you can ring up - most shops, the girls go "ga, ha, what", but Sag knows what you want, the the service is excellent - and not expensive.

Good quality - and fair prices. Cheap dog stuff is dangerous. You should buy decent stuff.

Been a while since I posted in yr thread Jedbut like many othersin the DOL family ,you are often in my thoughts . ,great to have you back with your words of wisdom & your couragous outlook is an inspiration !!

Just wanna add a few words ''The future belongs to those that believe in the beauty of their dreams "

049.jpg

Here's the surprise!! Pheonix, back living with me. I believe boxers need someone to bond with, and I don't believe in rehoming. My situation means that it is very unlikely I will be able to have the dogs back much before Christmas. The fire happened when Pheonix was 7 weeks and 6 days old, and I have seen her once since then. So, not my dog.

She is my only boxer at the moment (I' m working on that though :o ).

All my friends have dogs - I've lived with a Springer/Border and a Lab, 2 Schnauzers and a Kelpie, Cockers, and now with a Vizla, a Staffie x Crocodile and a rescue I actually dumped gave to my friends 8 years ago. Supposed to be a St Bernard x Malamute. I'd go Malamute x Cattle Dog x Foxie. But they are not MY dogs, and as a kid I was indoctrinated by old stockmen who hated others trying to win their d ogs over. Plus, now that I can get around a bit, it would be nice to have someone to train, to take for walks and do stuff with. Additionally, she will grow up to be my dog.

I asked on the forum if someone was travelling to here and could bring her.

A lovely DOLer who doesn't want to be named, offered to pay for the crate hire, and asked Dogtainers to pay the freight.

Dogtainers happily obliged, and I collected her - very travel weary, on Saturday afternoon off a Virgin flight.

I am incredibly grateful to Dogtainers and the Doler for this.

If you are flying your dog/pup soon, send via Dog tainers to thank them for helping me out.

What a great thing for the Doler and Dogtainers to dol

Pheonix began her huge journey at 7am on Saturday, and we got her out of the crate at 4.30. We took her across the road to some grass to toilet, but all the Indian taxi drivers driving by kept shouting "Lovely dog lady" and she was so stressed by all that attention that nothing happened, of course.

She has been bug eyed about all the new stuff, and sticking to me like glue. She's very quiet, which I think will change when she settles. She is coming out of her shell more today. Give her a few weeks.She is very like her mother Roxy in nature, and I am sure that bringing her down was the right thing to do. Roxy was one of those easy going home bodies

Pheonix was getting great care where she was, but she didn't have an owner. Anyhow, I miss my dogs. None of my friends mind an extra dog, it was simply the expense, and I needed to be well enough to care for the dog. The other dogs "in care" are all older and established in behaviour and ownership, so they will come home and say "g'day mum" and have a sniff around, and although everything will be different I will be there. Currently, I am the breeder only for this girl, not her owner and I thought that needed to be changed, so she wasn't lost and bewildered at 12 months - better at 6 than twelve

Wouldn't have been possible without Dogtainers, so................

GO DOGTAINERS :laugh::laugh::o:laugh::cheer::confused:

Thanks Cockerlover, still haven't had my mail forwarded *sigh*. Can't always have your kids do what you like :o

Edited by Jed

Phoenix is beautiful and it's wonderful to read that you have a companion of your own again, Jed :laugh:

Please add me to the list of future book buyers. I've already learnt so much about dogs, life and philosophy from your posts, I'd love to be able to share you with my OH (who's not really convinced you can be real, when I tell him your incredible story).