Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

Sadly it's a roller coaster ride with burns ;)

Dear Jane, know that you have the support and love of hundreds of people behind you, you will never be alone again. Allow your body to heal and do it's magic and we will pick up the pieces for you :laugh:

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So pleased to hear that a cat was found alive and well. Anything positive just seems like a small little miracle, doesn't it?

Disheartened to hear that Jed has had some setbacks in her recovery... but praying that's all they are, small setbacks in the big picture of overall recovery.

Keep on fighting Jed, your little furries need you back.

Hoping for some good news today.

As others have said, recovery from burns is slow, and set backs are common. Jed is going to need lots of love and support for a long time, most especialy when she wakes up.

I was once a part of a forum with other people who were grieving a particularly difficult loss. One thoughtful gesture that many bereaved found a lovely and touching memento was a beautiful pencil drawing of the deceased. I'd just like to put the idea forward, and I'm sure that those who know Jed better than I would have an idea if this is something that might be nice for Jed.

Love, and best wishes to Jed and her family and all of those wonderful souls who are helping out. Thanks for the updates Toohey.

Thinking of you Jed. ;)

Hope the setback is only minor and you will be on your feet again soon.x

Great to hear the the cat has been found :laugh:

My candle is still burning..just checked as I don't want it to go out.

Cards, an Express Post and a parcel for Jed all arrived today.

We are waiting for the word from Janes daughter as to when we will be able to visit and which as you all know depends soley on Jeds progress.

All Jeds brood were thoroughly groomed and some lightly clipped yesterday, and all doing well, they are such a happy lot. The Cockers out at Margs place are keeping her on her toes, obviously both real characters and the puppies are doing well also. One will be going to his new home this week, to a home already chosen by Jane.

Janes daughter now has the cat who was at the vets in her care and its also doing well. The surviving cat I think was possibly the beautiful feral cat that lived in the shed and had adopted Jeds place but could not be handled.

Goldchow, thank you for the update.

Lovely to hear cards have started to arrive.

And what lovely new regarding all the animals.

Not sure why, but the news of the pup going to it's preplanned forever home got me started again. I think it is sort of like a beginning or something for me... if that makes sense. It is nice to see something fresh and new coming out of this tragedy. And the fact that it was Jane's original chosen home just makes that very special. I bet those owners are thankful and relieved that their pup survived... but no doubt there will be mix feelings with the sad news of what has happened to Jane and the others.

High emotions all round.

Good news - I hope all these things help to keep Jed's spirits afloat when she recovers. I'm sure she will be thrilled at having so many people care and show their support.

A few new pics of ChiChi (and the other survivors) would certainly warm this thread up too :(

(I think ChiChi is adorable - can you tell)

Good to hear another kitty has made it. So nice to hear about the puppy as well. I am sure the people will realise it is one extra special baby they have there.

Hope to hear of a step forward in Jeds recovery today.

Still thinking of you Jed

No changes to report . She is still ventilated, though sedation has been lightened a little. Will let you know if there is any changes.

edit to say, this was from late last night but have been a bit weary and busy at work. sorry for delay.

Thanks for the time you have taken to update up all,

My prayers and thoughts are still with Jed :mad

I am also still thinking about you Jed, many times, everyday, and have lit another candle as well.

Keep fighting Jed... even though im not religious i am going to pray for you until you turn down the road to recovery :thumbsup:

Ditto

:thumbsup: