Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Jed, I don't know what to say. I don't know you except through your posts here but your voice of reason and compassion and commonsense is desperately missed. I am so sorry for all you've lost but I can only tip my lid at your courage. Know that you are not alone and that there are more people than you can imagine pulling for you in every way. Fight hard Jed and leave the rest to everyone else. :o

For the rest of you who have done and continue to do so much do take care and thank you. You all help restore my faith in the good will of humanity :laugh: .

As others have said, recovery from burns is slow, and set backs are common. Jed is going to need lots of love and support for a long time, most especialy when she wakes up.

I was once a part of a forum with other people who were grieving a particularly difficult loss. One thoughtful gesture that many bereaved found a lovely and touching memento was a beautiful pencil drawing of the deceased. I'd just like to put the idea forward, and I'm sure that those who know Jed better than I would have an idea if this is something that might be nice for Jed.

Love, and best wishes to Jed and her family and all of those wonderful souls who are helping out. Thanks for the updates Toohey.

There is a DOL'r who's also a fabulous oil painter who did a painting of our old Rottweiler after he'd passed on. It is as if the painting carries my boy's spirit. I'm sure she'd be able to do the same for Jed.

This morning I am planting a Cutamundra(golden) wattle in my garden in honour of Jed and her bravery and in memory of her babies that have passed over due to this tragedy.

As my little tree grows I hope Jed continues to heal :laugh:

Still checking in here - I've just spent the last 2 or 3 days moving house so I havent been online much but I've caught up on Jed's news - Sorry to hear she's had a set-back but the good thing is we are very good at dealing with burns victims in Australia so she'll be getting the very best of care and treatment. I'm keeping her in my meditations for her speedy recovery.

Yay for the cat survivor! :)

I have been reading this forum a bit at a time catching up on this horrible story.

I can only manage to read a few pages at a time as the tears are immense and I cannot see the words :)

I too have never known Jed personally - only have read her posts and realised her devotion to her dogs

and her passion for being a responsible breeder. I have truly been inspired by her. I am not surprised that she put the lives of her dogs

before her own & realise that we would all be at risk given the same situation. I have put a fire plan into action thanks to this and

hope that it is never needed. I hope no one is ever in this situation.

I would just like to add my hopes for a steady recovery to Jane. All her babes will be her guardian angels

and will be watching over her and willing her to recover so that she can be with those who thankfully weren't

taken from her in such tragic circumstances.

To all her babies lost I truly hope that the smurfs are waiting at the bridge to keep you all entertained. :mad:):)

Please watch over your mum and make sure she knows how much she is loved by all.

To all who are doing all they can to look after the living and bury the dead - my heart goes out to you all and my thanks too.

To the DOL community - your love shines through and I hope that Jane can feel the love now, once she has recovered and long into the future.

I will be keeping my eyes glued for updates on Janes condition and will make as substantial a donation as is possible today.

Just popping in to add my continued support for Jed and her fur family. I hope her body is healing and getting all the love and care it needs to help her deal with what lays ahead.

Does anyone know if she is conscious yet?

I am flabbergasted at the amount of support directed towards a DOL poster.

I do commend each and everyone of you.

I am only new to this forum hence I don't know Jed; I did hear the news on tv and found it upsetting at what had happened. I would never have guessed that the person involved was a part of this very forum. I was so touched that every one of her dogs were a part of the family unit. I am just so touched and sorry that this had to happen but such is life and now it is time to move forwards so I can only pray that all will fall into place and that Jed will come back stronger than ever. Anybody that loves their pets is a friend to me. All the very best of karma to you Jed. May life smile at you from now on. :(

Here is hoping there is good news tonight.. Thinking of you Jed as you recover each day slowly but surely.

I know its going be a tough and sometimes rocky road to recovery, however I know that your strength and determination will get you through..

love and hugs