Hello I Am Don Burke, Yeah Right!

My ex bartended at a function where Mr Burke was, and I've also heard he was a complete ass. He would order a drink and then Tell the bartender how to make it. Cause obviously they didnt know....

I remember watching his show when I was younger, had no idea then he was such a tool.

My favourite Burkes Backwhatever moment was when they were filming Irish Wolfhounds and we were asked if we could make them "frolic". Once we stopped choking and replied in the negative, we were then asked if we could make them play "chasings"

These people really knew their dog breeds :doh::laugh:

Just quietly, not many people want to be chased by an IW :heart:

On a completely OT note. My Lab puppy try's very hard to frolic with my friends IW! Drew (the IW) will be trotting around and Riddick will go bounding along beside him "Im playing with the big dog Woohoo!!". Drew doesn't even notice hes there :(

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the afternoons laugh LOL

What was that sticker on my old car , something about

" Pedigree dogs, ask a breeder, the gardener doesn't know "

Priceless :( where did you come by it?

Strange call alright. Very condescending! :heart:

We had them handed out to us in about 1996 ( 'twas a long time ago ). I have a feeling that Toohey or Jed may have revived the sticked in the last couple of years.

The British Bulldog folk, took exception to his ways and mass produced them.

Thanks would love to get one someday.

:doh:

:heart::rofl::rofl::doh::laugh::rofl::rofl::(

OMG - my kids think I have lost my mind I am cackling like a madwoman! Dearie me, DOLers are droll!!! You darling people, thanks for the laughs!

In the years when his program was in production, I worked at the tv station in the canteen... and he was universally loathed for his completely obnoxious ways.

I have never been able to figure out if he is delusional and deranged, or if he has some form of neurological difference, like Aspergers or something - which I suspect may be terribly unfair to those with Aspergers!!!

I have no idea why I used to watch his show, he used to enrage me with his completely irrational and misleading statements... guess I just desperately wanted to see purebred dogs, and suffered through The Idiot in order to gaze upon the gorgeous dogs... :rofl:

Doodleitzcuintle

Cocker Doodle cuintle

You wouldn't want to have a broken 'i' key on your keyboard, would you! :(:heart:

lol thats my saying to those that peeve me off

You are the I in Xoloitzcuintle

Now I wont be able to get away with it! lol :doh:

This morning I got a phone call

CALLER "Hello can I speak to ******"

ME "Yes this is she"

CALLER "My name is Don Burke from Burke s Backyard"

ME "Oh yeah this is Elle McPherson from my own yard"

CALLER "Seriously, this is Don Burke"

ME "Well what are you doing out of the garden" I said

Brilliant :doh::laugh::rofl: Just trying to explain to Mr TSD why I'm laughing so hard - my pronunciation of the Xolo was enough to get him started :heart:

Thanks for the afternoons laugh LOL

What was that sticker on my old car , something about

" Pedigree dogs, ask a breeder, the gardener doesn't know "

*snicker*

My brother was at an Orange Blossom Festival a few years back, dressed in a Koala suit for part of the parade... he spotted Don Burke, and ran at him (as fast as a man in a suit could run) and tackled him to the ground!!!

:rofl:

Bwahahaha :rofl: Cannot get that image out of my head :rofl: Nor can I get the G&T out of my keyboard.....nearly laughed my cats off my lap :(

laughing again - this thread should be pinned so we can come & have a giggle when needed :hug:

QUOTE (Wazzat Xolo @ 14th May 2010 - 03:40 PM)

This morning I got a phone call

CALLER "Hello can I speak to ******"

ME "Yes this is she"

CALLER "My name is Don Burke from Burke s Backyard"

ME "Oh yeah this is Elle McPherson from my own yard"

CALLER "Seriously, this is Don Burke"

ME "Well what are you doing out of the garden" I said

SO good.

A friend of mine was on his show for a segment on White Shepherds a few years ago, she said he was an arrogant, dirty old perv.

It would be great to get some media coverage of your xolos ... if you do let Don Burke near them just make sure you wear long pants and a high necked shirt. Probably be a good idea to put some clothes on the xolos too :hug:

Was smiling and grinning all the way through til I got to this post and lost it with the 'dirty old perv' :hug:

still laughing re-typing it!

Poor Xolo's aren't even safe :(:rofl::):rofl:

My favourite Burkes Backwhatever moment was when they were filming Irish Wolfhounds and we were asked if we could make them "frolic". Once we stopped choking and replied in the negative, we were then asked if we could make them play "chasings"

These people really knew their dog breeds :rofl: :rofl:

Just quietly, not many people want to be chased by an IW :hug:

:(:) Was that the day at Fagan park in Arcadia ?

OMG.....the only bits that they showed on the tv programme, after seven hours of filming on a warm day, were the bits you would NOT use to promote your breed !

things like encouraging people to have the dogs up on their shoulders ect.

"make them DO something" !! can't you just let them go (public park with tame waterfowl and parents with toddlers romping :hug: ) I replied with, oh yeah, I can let this fella go if you want to see some duck carnage !!!!

Xolo....there's a reason the name has become a noun.....he's a BURKE !!

fifi

Maybe he is hoping you will put one with a Poodle and "create a new breed" that he can write a fact sheet for on his website and plug as a great, non-shedding family dog :hug:

ETA - I do realise that the Xoloitzcuintle is hairless but Don seems to like everything MORE when it is crossed with a Poodle

Edited by shells

My brother was at an Orange Blossom Festival a few years back, dressed in a Koala suit for part of the parade... he spotted Don Burke, and ran at him (as fast as a man in a suit could run) and tackled him to the ground!!!

:(

Personally I prefer Matty Johns "Don Kirk"...... :hug:

:):hug::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ;) Loved to have seen that.

I reckon he wants to cross them with a crested !!!

and make BIG my little pony's !!!

fifi

OOOOH Can I put an order in now for a pink one with stripes :(:) What a sad man...

gosh, we really need this laugh :hug:

I would have thought one of the rainbow big little pony's would be much sought after :hug:

fifi