Hello I Am Don Burke, Yeah Right!

there is a school of thought out there that the faults you see in others are in fact ones you also posses.

i try to ignore others fault , not always sucesfully but i try.

how does this slang off at don burke (be he an arse hat or not) help pure bred dogs......?

oh yeah that's right it gives him more ammo and reason to go against you lot.....more reason for him to just blindly disagree.....

you lot should be taking advantage of every bit lo air time he offers you. look at it as a free add worth a squillion dollars.

Air time isn't much use when he uses it to misrepresent a breed and promote and be very much responsible for the flood of designer dogs.

fifi

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

there is a school of thought out there that the faults you see in others are in fact ones you also posses.

how does this slang off at don burke (be he an arse hat or not) help pure bred dogs......?

oh yeah that's right it gives him more ammo and reason to go against you lot.....more reason for him to just blindly disagree.....

you lot should be taking advantage of every bit lo air time he offers you. look at it as a free add worth a squillion dollars.

Air time isn't much use when he uses it to misrepresent a breed and promote and be very much responsible for the flood of designer dogs.

fifi

Or you think the breed feature is going along swimmingly and that it will be informative and it turns out to be nothing like that.

I as are many Xolo breeders very very protective of this primitive breed and I dont want every Don, Dick and Harry having one because they look unique, I want people to have one because they deserve one and have worked hard and understand the breed. Don Burke does not do this in his shows!

I understand your comments and I too up until yesterday had the same opinion of Don Burke I thought he was hard done by and some of his statements made a bit of sense, BUT after speaking to him I now understand what people say about him.

He actually rubbished my breed on the phone and stated utter nonsense, now I have had plenty of media exposure with my breed and I remember the first news story on them all the reporter was interested in was the

HOW MUCH they cost,

which I explained was irrelevant as it was a dream and I wanted the story to focus on the breed and one persons dream come true. This story was published last year when times were VERY tough for many and really nobody wanted to read about some silly woman spending a ridiculous amount of money on some dogs.

My point is some advertising is not worth it and can be very damaging and the fact that Don Burke openly promtes the Designer Dogs in preference to pedigree dogs is not a good thing. A lot if not 99% of Pure Bred Registered breeders health test/temp test and offer lifetime support with their dogs, people like Don Burke do not and unfortunately I heard first hand hios words

"I do not believe in the desexeing bullshi**"

That will stay in my mind forever as NO MATTER who you are or what you breed this is relevant to all for the continuation and the health of any species.

:)

Edited by Wazzat Xolo

Voloclydes- 'free' air time is not much good if the information the public receives is inaccurate and delivered poorly.

and that's an excellent way to live :)

However, if you are in the public eye , and these faults cause what you do to be impacting badly on people's livelihoods/dreams- then some faults should be corrected .

What's Latin for "One of Television's most enduring irritations"?

Unus of Television's plurimus diutinus irritations

PS. Fond memories of the American Cocker roadtest done at the Bungaribee Reserve at Doonside. All going reasonably well until he abused us because we didn't really want our beautifully groomed show dogs to be chasing the ducks in the green, boggy lake at the reserve. We lost all cred then of course because our dogs were no longer REAL gundogs. :)

sinking to his level helps how exactly... maybe there is a way to make him say what is the truth or no story.

surely with some many different people here some very clever there must be a way to get what you want.... surely rather than wasting energy on calling him an arse hat.... which gains nothing.... wastes creative thinking.... and gives the arse hat ammo against you.

real people will google and take the time to find out....

so corn people come up with how to tie his hands.... how to beat him at his own game.... serriously.... get creative. your mind does not understand no solution if think you there is a solution your mind will find one.

i am sure you can come up with something.... with 4,000 views.... surely if you lot change the thought process something can be done....

if he has lied and misrepresented you breed then send him a legal letter or something.... hell get mad and get in front..... not down in the gutter. :) :D

VC, you probably don't understand that DB has been around for so long and has caused immeasurable damage to many breeds of purebred dog. He doesn't care what he says or how he says it.

Believe me, if it were as simple as doing what you've suggested, the deed would have been accomplished by now. He just doesn't give a toss what others think of him, like a good old fashioned weed, he just keeps coming back for more. The more aggressively he is chopped down, the faster he comes back.

sinking to his level helps how exactly... maybe there is a way to make him say what is the truth or no story.

surely with some many different people here some very clever there must be a way to get what you want.... surely rather than wasting energy on calling him an arse hat.... which gains nothing.... wastes creative thinking.... and gives the arse hat ammo against you.

real people will google and take the time to find out....

so corn people come up with how to tie his hands.... how to beat him at his own game.... serriously.... get creative. your mind does not understand no solution if think you there is a solution your mind will find one.

i am sure you can come up with something.... with 4,000 views.... surely if you lot change the thought process something can be done....

if he has lied and misrepresented you breed then send him a legal letter or something.... hell get mad and get in front..... not down in the gutter. :) :D

do you have an aka?

If you're implying that VC is here with no good in mind, I can vouch for her (I think....huh VC? :D)

She just hasn't been here for very long and is possibly not aware of the lengths dog people have had to go to in an effort to put a cork in that opening that DB refers to as his mouth, but which dog people have called another orifice for many years. :)

If you're implying that VC is here with no good in mind, I can vouch for her (I think....huh VC? ;))

She just hasn't been here for very long and is possibly not aware of the lengths dog people have had to go to in an effort to put a cork in that opening that DB refers to as his mouth, but which dog people have called another orifice for many years. ;)

:) :D oh lordy !!!

coffee drinking 101.....NEVER read a post, sipping coffee in a tilt back office chair :mad:mad

off to find a chux for the screen, keyboard, and my shirt !!!

fifi

the average tv joe can see he's need another sagner for his basket, but like i said surely you efforts would be better spent on out smarting him.

as you lot say he's as thick as a short plank..... there is one don burke yes?

4,000 of us... surely one of us (maybe not me...) can come up with a better way.

giving an add child matches while it may be fun is not pretty! so don't give him matches.

positive :) :D pay back gets you more in the long run.....

same as being sickly nice to people you know have made threats to kill you aint easy... you know it makes em squirm..... they have nothing for which to really hate you.

VC, I'm going to get cross with you.

Believe me, if it is out there to be tried, we dog people have tried it. NOTHING gets through to that man. He is such an egotistical TWAT that he even thinks that insults are good for him.

We have been battling him for so long that most of us don't even bother any more because it takes too much energy and isn't worth the end result.

the average tv joe can see he's need another sagner for his basket, but like i said surely you efforts would be better spent on out smarting him.

4,000 of us... surely one of us (maybe not me...) can come up with a better way.

giving an add child matches while it may be fun is not pretty! so don't give him matches.

positive :) :D pay back gets you more in the long run.....

same as being sickly nice to people you know have made threats to kill you aint easy... you know it makes em squirm..... they have nothing for which to really hate you.

he has the power cause he controls what goes to air. you are assuming that something good can come out of an interaction with him.

i think your premise is incorrect

seriously ellz.... theres gotta be a way..... i can see he's a pratt. i think most can....

something you all could do is totally refuse to do any promo at all..... or find a legal way to get him to say what you want him to say... others have contracts and can enforce them.... why can the dogie people of the world?

you don't need him to like you or your breeds you just need to get him to say what you want...

hands ellz a coffee.... dicussion is the only thing that will find a solution...... circumstances change laws change....

me personally i think slanging off is a waste. bickering (in a nice way) of how to tackle him....its about changing things via changing your view.... and finding ways out of the normal to solve it.

Voloclydes, many of participated in the breed road tests, not because we liked him, but in the hope of our breeds being represented truthfully.

He used our edited efforts as fuel to his DD promotion.

fifi

PS, we are talking over ten years ago, and I don't know of any breeds that have allowed him access in the last few years.

Edited by fifi

Seriously VC, dog people have been trying for years and there honestly IS no way!

If you give him factual information and try to treat him seriously....he twists it and causes damage.

If you don't give him anything to work with...he makes it up and causes damage anyway.

He doesn't care what he says, as long as he is saying SOMETHING.

I do get what you are saying and in fact suggested myself at one stage that working WITH him might be more effective, but then he changed tactics and started going for ALL dog breeders and not just specific breeds.

He is simply a parasitic excuse for a man but unfortunately, Joe Q has this distorted view of him as a demi-god. Personally, after the dealings that I have had with him, I see him more as a demi-wit!

positive :D :mad pay back gets you more in the long run.....

OK VC I will be upfront and honest NO WAY IN HELL is DB getting my dogs publicity as I said I dont need that sort of publicity!

The Audi company in Perth are intersted in my dogs for a photo shoot now that is worth more to me than any DB publicity that will be all twisted around to his way of thinking, now thats just me maybe there are other breeds that want or need his type of public relations, but I am sorry I seriously doubt it!

:)