;) :mad :D

Doodleitzcuintle

Cocker Doodle cuintle

OMG!

Your forgot Xoloitzdoodle :(

mispronounced as show-u-its-doodle...oh dear

Just quietly, not many people want to be chased by an IW :laugh:

Ridiculous statement.

My friend had two big male Iws, and three bitch lurchers, and when she told me how fast they could run, I laughed and said no way. I took her offer up and ran across her paddock. On prior agreement, she counted to 20 and then let them go with the command "go go go!" which she used to get them to flush rabbits from the grass.

I was at about the quarter point when I turned around to shout "Haha! Told you!", when roughly 300 kilos of fur and bone hit me.

I went over backwards, they landed on me, licked my face, stepped on my windpipe, clawed my legs up and down, left a bruise across my face from a tail swipe and also pierced my left earlobe.

Really, one of their claws got pushed halfway through my earlobe.

I also lost one of my gumboots, and to this day have no idea where it went.

I have to say, limping back to the house while five dogs bounced around me and on me going "Oh,boy! What a great game! Keep running!" was one of the better experiences of my life.

I highly recommend everyone try it at least once. :p

:) ;) :)

Loved the Koala tackle too! ;)

I can't believe we've got to this many pages and nobody has mentioned excessive alcohol consumption...friend of mine (whose opinion is also that the Burke is a complete tosser) said you could smell him coming a mile away, and that sometimes he was barely sober enough to film the show (allegedly)

Hoffpig, being a good gardener doesn't automatically make you likable as a person. My friend who thinks he's a drunk and a tosser still bought his book on indigenous gardening. I also want the book. Some people should just stick to what they know and not suffer from delusions of grandeur.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I remember one of the last 'breed tests' that Rob Zammit did with him, poor Rob's eye's were rolling as burke sprouted 'expert breed knowledge' and kept contradicting the VET !!

The show done on my breed of interest nearly gave the breeders & pet owners a collective stroke.

It was followed up with an article in his magazine that was also full of weird statements. Like they interpreted the fact that this breed looks young into old age...as 'they never stop acting like silly puppies'. And more of the same.

The breeders wrote in protest & got ignored. I wrote as a pet owner pointing out how my example of the breed was the total opposite of how they'd described it.

I got an answer...saying my dog must be a one-off. And that their researchers had dug up the information. I wrote back again, pointing out I worked at a research centre in a university....& gave them the rules for research. Like No 1....quote your sources. No reply to that one.

By contrast, when Dr Harry's old program did a road-test on the breed.....they got the best, most experienced breeders on board to consult with.

The result was brilliant.

I remember one of the last 'breed tests' that Rob Zammit did with him, poor Rob's eye's were rolling as burke sprouted 'expert breed knowledge' and kept contradicting the VET !!

The show done on my breed of interest nearly gave the breeders & pet owners a collective stroke.

It was followed up with an article in his magazine that was also full of weird statements. Like they interpreted the fact that this breed looks young into old age...as 'they never stop acting like silly puppies'. And more of the same.

The breeders wrote in protest & got ignored. I wrote as a pet owner pointing out how my example of the breed was the total opposite of how they'd described it.

I got an answer...saying my dog must be a one-off. And that their researchers had dug up the information. I wrote back again, pointing out I worked at a research centre in a university....& gave them the rules for research. Like No 1....quote your sources. No reply to that one.

By contrast, when Dr Harry's old program did a road-test on the breed.....they got the best, most experienced breeders on board to consult with.

The result was brilliant.

:) absolutley Mita, the Dr Harry road test on Irish Wolfhounds was an exercise in complete contrast !

I think there's always going to be some media poetic license, but the Dr Harry one at least strove for authenticity.

I love your sentence about collective strokes !! when the burke wolfhound one was aired on tv, I remember the phones running hot....as people in our breed expressed disgust that a full day of filming could result in a three minute (if that) horror show of misinformation !!

stick to the garden you dopey gnome ! (sorry gnomes !!)

fifi

Dear sweet lord I want to punch this man in the face

:) :D :mad :mad ;)

I couldn't make it more than a minute, too annoyed with him

I love the bit where he goes

Sleazy look at young girl with Pugadoodlecavspanadoor or whatever it was

"I think ***** will have a TV show herself one day!"

Silly old fool

and

Why didnt he polish his bloody shoes!

;)

I have just read this from the start. I am quite suprised I have not woken up the kids. This is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time, and Wazzat - I love your style. I wish I was that quick.

Love it so much I am going to read it again!

Threads like these are few and far between! The last thread I read that brought many tearies of laughter was the Chuck Norris one :)

This one is right up there! :D

Yep, definately the best post ever! Are there DOL awards? WINNER!

I think the announcement would go something like this "And the award for the Tool of the Year goes to.......drumroll............

Don Bourke"

Hushed silenced, then hysterical laughter ensues for 10 minutes.

On the table settings you could have those plastic dogs where you connect the bits and whoever makes the most inventive one can have a new breed named after them :)

Or we could have an new award for the funniest thread of the year and name it the "Bourkey" instead of the "Turkey"

I was just re reading the thread and could visualise one of his employees coming across this thread and reading it. I can imagine them nodding their head in complete understanding and then trying not to crack a smile or smirk when they informed the "Great Big D" about it's contents :)

:) :D :mad :mad ;)

Hey check out the comments - all of them pro DD and anti PB, I bet the 'delete comment' button has been used by the uploader ;)

And look at the comment where someone claims to be Don Burke's close mate, interesting indeed.

:D :mad :mad ;) ;)

When that first aired, DOLers got together and managed to get them to run another segment to talk about the issues with DDs with a panel of experts including our very own Cordelia :rofl:

We all sent emails in voicing our disgust on the program, I think mine actually got read out on air :)

ETA: Just searching for the follow up segment on youtube... it was posted on there at some stage.

Edited by huski

there is a school of thought out there that the faults you see in others are in fact ones you also posses.

i try to ignore others fault , not always sucesfully but i try.

how does this slang off at don burke (be he an arse hat or not) help pure bred dogs......?

oh yeah that's right it gives him more ammo and reason to go against you lot.....more reason for him to just blindly disagree.....

you lot should be taking advantage of every bit lo air time he offers you. look at it as a free add worth a squillion dollars.