Email Or Phonecall? - Breeders!

I was just wondering, do breeders like emails or phonecalls better?

In my opinion, I think phonecalls are more personal and shows you're really

interested in the dog your thinking of purchasing.

A friend of mine says that her breeder likes emails more.. I just dont know.

What do you, as breeders think?

Oh, and you DON'T have to be a Bichon breeder to answer! :heart::(

Thanks!

BichonCrazy

I was just wondering, do breeders like emails or phonecalls better?

In my opinion, I think phonecalls are more personal and shows you're really

interested in the dog your thinking of purchasing.

A friend of mine says that her breeder likes emails more.. I just dont know.

What do you, as breeders think?

Oh, and you DON'T have to be a Bichon breeder to answer! :heart::(

Thanks!

BichonCrazy

I myself like an email to start with an introduction of who you are

then a phone call which I'm happy to make to them

It doesn't really bother me which order contact comes in but I do like to have their emails in front of me while sorting out enquiries, it can be hard remembering who and what you have spoken about and harder still if some have the same or similar names.

That will depend greatly on the individual breeder.

The breeder I just purchased a puppy from specifically asked for no e-mails. She gets hundreds of e-mails a week and just doesn't have the time or patience to sift through them all.

Phone calls were the best for her.

Some breeders don't mind either phone or e-mail and others just like e-mails.

Pay attention to their contact details on DOL or their website as the which option they list first.. usually that is the one they would prefer :heart:

Breeders aren't a special group of people who all like the same things! :heart:

Best to go by whatever they say on their website - usually they give some indication of how they like to be contacted.

I personally prefer email, which is why I dont have phone contact info on my website, just an email address. Once we have exchanged emails I am ok with making a time to chat by phone at a time that suits both of us. All my numbers are silent. Im not big on getting phone calls from strangers - just my personal preference.

I also prefer to contact other breeders initially by email regarding thier dogs/pups etc.

Im only new to all this but we only supply an email address on the website.

I am more then happy to speak with people over the phone but I want to screen them first via email and Im not thrilled about the idea of my phone number for all to see and use on the net.

Edited by Wolfsong

I prefer email initially and then will discuss via the phone.

I do list my mobile on my website as it's my primary phone number and found it hard to discuss puppies or homing adult dogs whilst standing waiting for a train :hug: I work so with emails I can at least sit down and read them in my own timeframe.

But if the website says "Phone Only" or "Email Only" you should try to follow which ever direction it states.

I prefer emails first with follow ups via phone.

I am hopeless at losing names etc so best to keep it all on my comp, plus I can google them. You would be surprised at what comes up sometimes :laugh:

Leanne

I prefer an email :laugh:

I don't mind phone calls but quite often people catch me at a time when i can't talk for long, or at all, and so i'll ask them to email me with their details and more info etc, and i'll go from there. Also means i can reply and include detailed handouts on the breed etc, much easier to do that via email than on the phone!

I prefer a phone call. And not one that is just "how much"? I have found most genuine buyers will want to chat for ages and have lots of questions. We may then follow up with email. If the potential owner is suitable them I invite them to come out to visit. I am very careful who I sell to. There are way too many BYBers out there who do the wrong thing by the breed and many Danes end up in rescue because of this.

Email first and give a details outline of yourself etc, then a phone call a few days later to touch base.

Same for us, email as a starting point then I like to chat to prospective buyers especially if they have not had our breed before.

I'm always happy to discuss my breeds on the phone, but for a "serious" puppy enquiry I prefer contact via email and will then refer you to my puppy questionnaire (if you haven't already completed it) which tells me more about an enquirer than you may think.

I am happy enough with emails in the early instance. Basic information, price, conditions, when next litter due etc.

If a person is serious, then I would expect some sort of verbal conversation. Email is very impersonal.

If a person is local, then I would like to meet them before making my decision on whether they would be suitable for a pup. They may have good intentions, but they may not be suitable for the breed or the temperament of the puppies available. EG: they are active and I only have shyer pups left or vice versa.