Dogzonline Project

Steve

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, so we are going with 61/2 inch squares which can be embroidered or just plain material with an appropriate message/sentiment.

Can we pin the contact details of where they need to be sent etc???

Just a 6 and a half inch square of anything you want it to be - but remember she will look at this for the rest of her life and remember how we felt about her ordeal so consider the impact carefully.

Hay guys how are you all going? im looking forward to seeing the squares as they start arriving :cheer:

Can we pin the contact details of where they need to be sent etc???

Just to remined everyone when you have finnished your squares PM me for my address, i have 2 kids and cannot post their address on a public forum thanks :cheer:

Ok hear is a really bad graphic of the plan for jeds quilt, the colour of the sashing (blue parts) has not been decided but this is just to give you an idea,

the white squares will be the square you are sending in :) there will be alot more of them in the actuall quilt we are hoping to make it at least queen size,

jed.jpg

post-199-1275161424_thumb.jpgpost-199-1275161436_thumb.jpgpost-199-1275161448_thumb.jpgpost-199-1275161459_thumb.jpg

This is the sort of thing I had in mind when we were putting together the quilting stuff for the craft exhibition. - look at this community quilt -

My colleague was heading off to Spotlight today at lunchtime so I explained to her I needed some fat squares - and why - and she came back with 4 beautiful purple tone fat squares. They are so pretty. I hope Jed likes a bit of colour! :(

sent mine off with the post today, my friend appliqued some Westies and Scotties onto some of the plain material I bought (from the Church Ladies for $2), she is sooooo good at doing stuff like that. (I did the cutting out :( )

I hope it gets to SBT303's place on time.

Since we have a whole nother MONTH..both Dust Angel and I are pumped to do a square each from Bythorn park and our menagerie...I think this is a wonderful idea - very inspired and I would like to say THANKYOU to those of you who are organising and making up this quilt - I look forward to the photos of the finished product.I take my hat off to your generosity (specialy if I was wearing one lol)and spirit, I could not do it myself due to time constraints and talent deficiencies.

Woops! how dumb am I!!!!! :rofl: .....one of the fat quarters I ordered on-line came yesterday and I thought it would get to SBT303 late so I sent it express post.

I must keep telling myself that the 7 in...

7/7/10

means July, not June.

Thanks Snowysal for your polite way of telling me (quote Since we have a whole nother MONTH) :(

O well, I can now do some more with applique.

Please excuse my ignorance but is a 'fat quarter' a measurement of some kind??

I am thinking the old lady in the one shop that sells fabric here is going to look at me and say 'you want a fat what?'

I am thinking the old lady in the one shop that sells fabric here is going to look at me and say 'you want a fat what?'

Hi Indigirl,

I didn't know either so had a look on-line and found the answer here---->http://quilting.about.com/od/stepbystepquilting/ss/fat_quarters.htm

Now I am an authority on fat quarters (it sounds like an area in France...sort-of a place for fat artists to hang out in :rofl: )

Go to Spotlight like I did, and you don't even need to talk to anyone. In the quilting section are "fat quarters" sitting there ready to take to the checkout. There is also the iron-on bonding paper that you buy by the 10cm length, and needles and pins there in that section. From the embroidery aisle there are hoops and threads and stuff.

Go to Spotlight like I did, and you don't even need to talk to anyone. In the quilting section are "fat quarters" sitting there ready to take to the checkout. There is also the iron-on bonding paper that you buy by the 10cm length, and needles and pins there in that section. From the embroidery aisle there are hoops and threads and stuff.

Nearest Spotlight is over 300klm away :rofl: We have one local little shop that sells fabric, will try there. I live in Broken Hill.