Kazzie

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The 'others' were too late this time unfortunately :rofl:

Everyone has a closed mind to a certain extent, especially those who have already gone and bred their dog and are proud of their pups and suddenly after all their friends have told them how cute their pups are some random strangers are telling them they've done the wrong thing. Most people aren't even aware of the differences between registered and non registered breeders so as far as they know there is nothing more to learn about it, these days you speak to most people on the street they'll tell you their dog is purebred even if it's not papered because they've been told it's purebred and they've never been led to believe otherwise.

I certainly don't expect any of those people to respond to those posts with something like "OMG have I done the wrong thing breeding these lovely puppies? Well thank you all so much for helping me see the light I'll never do such a terrible and evil thing ever again! Now lets all be friends :)"

Nope I don't see that happening :thumbsup:

You need an open mind though for information to be able to go in and be effective. I'm not saying people shouldn't try to educate, but I'm over trying to change the minds of people who WON'T do things differently. Others can go for their lives though.

And I'm saying you made the hasty assumption that this person was one of those who didn't want to be educated. (Though I messaged her and believe different.)

I'm sure that after dozens of trolls finding there way here and trying to gain information, you can get a bit annoyed with it all, but the way I see it. If you are polite and respectful to every single one, you try to educate without being nasty about it, then maybe there will be one who listens. Then theres something you've changed. Rather than a opportunity you've lost because of hasty judgement.

If this person turns out to be a awful BYBer, then at least I tried my best to be polite and helpful :).

I've sometimes called yellow labs gold. I didn't know you weren't supposed to :rofl:..learn something every day!

The 'others' were too late this time unfortunately :rofl:

Everyone has a closed mind to a certain extent, especially those who have already gone and bred their dog and are proud of their pups and suddenly after all their friends have told them how cute their pups are some random strangers are telling them they've done the wrong thing. Most people aren't even aware of the differences between registered and non registered breeders so as far as they know there is nothing more to learn about it, these days you speak to most people on the street they'll tell you their dog is purebred even if it's not papered because they've been told it's purebred and they've never been led to believe otherwise.

I certainly don't expect any of those people to respond to those posts with something like "OMG have I done the wrong thing breeding these lovely puppies? Well thank you all so much for helping me see the light I'll never do such a terrible and evil thing ever again! Now lets all be friends :rofl:"

Nope I don't see that happening :)

:)

Would be great to see the expressions on some DOLers faces if that ever did happen though.

Mine included :thumbsup:

Just for the recored, IF I ever do breed again, I will become a registered breeder. Now that I know it is better for the breed. But ONLY because my dogs are so very important to me, and I want to do the right thing by them. To be honest the thought of becoming a part of something that so many horrible cruel people are a part of is not very enticing.

Secondly if I do breed again, It will be way in the future with a new dog. I will not breed my girl again. In my opinion the over-breeding of bitches is dispicable, and a far worse crime than being an un-registered breeder.

Thirdly, my beautiful Rei is not fat, stupid, untrained or overfed. She is stunning, obedient, intelligent, and fed an all natural BARF style diet which I spent years researching and getting just right.

I am absolutely open minded, and I certainly don't think everything I do is right. That's why I came here. To ask advice and get help from other dog lovers. Not to be shot down in flames because I called my yellow labs 'gold'. God forbid.

Edited by Kazzie

My posts are more pointed towards those who claim everyone is a major beotch unless they softly pat the BYBer on the hand and say look at your gorgeous puppies please don't hate us. I have no issue with anyone trying to educate, my only issue is with people telling me how to post. I've gotten tired over the years, someone with more energy can try to convince stubborn BYBers why it is not a good idea.

Good to hear Kazzie, there are plenty of helpful people here and I know that the criticism is hard when you don't know anyone here but many people here are involved in rescue and and heavily involved in your breed so like most enthusiasts they are enthusiastic in their defence of their breed!

Have fun on your journey to becoming a registered breeder a good plan is to join your local breed club and go from there :rofl:

BYBs breeding yet more labradors, now that is bad news. As a rescuer I must share with everyone out that there are many unwanted labradors sitting in the pounds in NSW as I type, and plenty are yellow. Cute as puppies but not so cute as they begin to grow up in the wrong homes obviously and there's way too many of them around.

I've said this before and will say it again.

People here love to bitch. Too many bored mums maybe, i don't know.

Not everyone is as clued in or educated as some of you are in terms of dogs, breeding etc.

It is better to try and educate someone and help them...as opposed to whinge, complain.

NB: Not everyone here of course, a few people are actually helpful.

Theres a difference between a puppy farmer, dogs shoved in tiny cages and bred like cattle.

And a person who love their dog, perhaps doesn't understand everything in regards to hip and elbow scores. Bred their bitch once to a purebred male and won't breed her again.

And there is a difference between someone who breeds to improve their lines and someone who breeds just for the hell of it. Registered breeders included.

What does someone who breeds their pet to produce unpapered puppies contribute? Cute pets for loving homes? Perhaps. But those 'loving homes' would do better to obtain their pet from a registered breeder who knows their lines and does the appropriate health testing. How does the OP know that her dogs were suitable for breeding? How well does she know their lines? Why does she think that her dog was a suitable match for her bitch? Because they are both purebred? Sorry, just because she loves her dogs doesn't make them suitable for breeding IMO.

I've sometimes called yellow labs gold. I didn't know you weren't supposed to :laugh: ..learn something every day!

Yes, but you are not a breeder. You are not expected to know all the in's and out's. If an owner wants to call their yellow lab golden that's fine with me. but if it was a breeder I'd run a mile! If they don't know the correct colour names then you have to wonder what else they don't know about.

So the OP will become a registered breeder if they ever breed again? Great. Perhaps if and when that happens, when they pour their heart and soul into their chosen breed only to see it run into the ground by BYB's with no idea, they will realise what the hell everyone here is so upset about.

I've said this before and will say it again.

People here love to bitch. Too many bored mums maybe, i don't know.

Not everyone is as clued in or educated as some of you are in terms of dogs, breeding etc.

It is better to try and educate someone and help them...as opposed to whinge, complain.

NB: Not everyone here of course, a few people are actually helpful.

Totally agree, SOME people on this forum think far too highly of themselves, get a life.

Guest belgian.blue

I know my comment will go unnoticed but if I remember correctly .. SOOO many of us here joined DOL with the idea that all dog breeders were equal, we didn't learn until joining DOL and finding out the deep dark secrets of dog breeding.

That poor girl is what, most of you who are attacking her, used to be like.

Edited by belgian.blue