Please Keep Hudson In Your Thoughts

cassie

OMFG :D Any Saint owner's worst fear. My baby boy is at the vet, he bloated today :)

I was out with friends all day and didn't hear my phone ringing, but when I finally checked it I had 12 missed calls from my ex (the dogs still live with him since we split up) and an urgent message saying "Call me ASAP I think Hudson has bloat." Can't even describe how I felt when I read that, I just went cold all over.

LUCKILY he had enough sense to not wait around for me to call him back, and he rushed him to the vet. He isn't as dog savvy as me but from the beginning I made sure he knew all about signs of bloat and if he ever saw it happening he had to drop everything and get him straight to the vet.

So anyway, Hudson's still there now, they're keeping him overnight. I rang and spoke with the vet nurse, they did an xray on his stomach and it didn't actually twist, so thank God for that. He had a big vomit while at the vet and apparently that is a good sign. So now they just need to keep him in and make sure he can eat properly again tomorrow etc.

Because it didn't twist, that's good then right? Shit I am so sick with worry right now :)

Edited by cassie

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it didn't twist, that's good then right? Shit I am so sick with worry right now :D

Yes - that's a very good thing.

That, and that he successfully vomited.

Hope to hear that Hudson is well, home and back to normal very soon.

Best wishes

Erny

ETA: And yes - your OH did good :).

Edited by Erny

Oh, far out Cassie.... my thoughts are with you and Hudson...come on boy, get better for mum and Zeph. Your ex OH did really well. Wish I could do something for you that would help, yell out if you want anything. big :D and positive vibes heading your way

Edited by Tobster

Because it didn't twist, that's good then right? Shit I am so sick with worry right now :D

Yes - that's a very good thing.

That, and that he successfully vomited.

Hope to hear that Hudson is well, home and back to normal very soon.

Best wishes

Erny

ETA: And yes - your OH did good :).

Thanks for that, I was hoping that was the case.

And he's my ex now but yes thankyou he did do very well, I'm lucky he saw it happening and knew what needed to be done.

Thanks everyone, it's such a horrible feeling :)

Oh shite Cassie, just saw the title and my heart stopped.

Yes, its very good that he didn't torsion.

See if you can backtrack to the what led up to him bloating, so you guys can be aware, ie; if he exercised after eating or anything different happened.

sometimes though - they just bloat :-(

Well done to your ex for immediate action, probably saved Huddie's life.

sending Huddy all our good thoughts & hugs to you.

fifi

See if you can backtrack to the what led up to him bloating, so you guys can be aware, ie; if he exercised after eating or anything different happened.

sometimes though - they just bloat :-(

Thanks, yes I have to sit down with my ex and work out exactly what went on, if anything was different at all.

Oh my biggest fear!! I pray and hope Hudson is going to be fine, thank god it didn't twist. Good on you ex, brilliant work by him! I have told my OH all the signs too cos you just never know

See this is the thing. Anyone with a bloat-prone breed, please make sure that everyone in the household, or anyone else who may feed your dog (say a friend looks after it one day) please PLEASE make them aware of the signs and how urgent it is.