Good Thoughts For Penny Whippet Please

Kirislin

I wasn't going to write about what happened today because every day someone says their dog was attacked at the park but now I have to take Penny to the vet and I am worried about her and we want some positive vibes.

A red cattle dog running loose dragging its lead ran up to Penny today and attacked her while I had her on the lead. I instinctively wrenched her away but in doing so I think I've damaged her neck :D After it happened I then roared at the dog to F^&k off and kicked at it and it went for me. By then the kid had caught it and dragged it away, then I turned my attention to Penny and she was making this horrible squeaking sound. I calmed her and she seemed to be Ok but this evening she had trouble eating and is now making that reverse sneezing sound alot so I've just booked her into the vet. Finger crossed I haven't crushed something important in her throat. My poor darling girl :laugh::)

here's my beautiful girl so you can direct those good vibes.

3076217188_4e1e548c3d_m.jpg4384985797_00efe7a460_m.jpg4319960027_8b5ab61fa4_m.jpg

Edited by Kirislin

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Once again, the irresponsibility of people with problem dogs raises its ugly head. You did what you could....worse could have happened. I hope everything will be okay with Penny. Good luck. Please let us know what the vet says.

Oh no Kirislin, Poor Penny!

Do not blame yourself! It was an instinctive reaction. I would have done the same in that split second.

I would take her to the vet asap just to be sure (thats if your appt is for tomorrow).

Biggest hugs to your girl, hopefully its only something very mild!

sending good thoughts Kirislin.

Hopefully its just inflammation and she will be fine.

If she gets the nod for being fine at the vets, perhaps book her in to a good dog chiro / therapist to make sure her neck/spine is not out.

hugs,

fifi

Best wishes to Penny - I thought I did something similar to Oscar recently. We got rushed by a big dog. Owners out the front of their house, dog off lead (actually not even a collar to grab hold of). By the time I spotted the dog, it saw us too and darted straight across a busy road at us. Woman screaming behind that he was friendly.

Stupidly I was too slow to pick Oscar up - dog wasn't aggressive but overly friendly and wouldn't back off - I reefed Oscar's lead and poor bugger got airborne - I felt terrible but thankfully didn't hurt him. I was too angry to yell out all the profanities running through my head when the couple finally came over and husband carried the dog (probably 40kgs of it) back across the road - all I could tell her was she was so fortunate her dog wasn't hit by a car. Stupid woman then wanted to pat Oscar who wanted absolutely nothing to do with her.

Anyway - getting rushed by another dog is my worst nightmare and I can understand your reaction. I hope Penny is OK. Gentle hugs to her and a sweet cup of tea for you (with a nip of something stronger after the vet visit).

Fingers crossed that Penny is okay. PUlling her away is a very natural refelex and one we have probably all done at some stage.

I am really hoping that Penny just has a bit of a sore neck and nothing more. I am guessing you probably had one of your lovely wide collars on which is good as the force will have spread over a larger area.

Rommi and Lewis send lots of licks hugs and Whippets kisses to you and Penny.