Why Did Your Dog Come To You?

Vickie

We were talking about this today. The comment was "each dog comes to you for a reason"

Zac came to me to teach me never to trust someone I don't fully trust with one of my dogs :(

Zeus came to me to teach me patience & that some dogs just can't be trained to fully overcome bad genetics

Noah came to me to teach me not to humanize & how to train a dog like a dog

Trim came to me to show me what really good breeding can produce & how to fine tune & train beyond the basics of dog ownership

Shine came to me to teach me the sheer joy of having a best mate...and that some dogs are simply perfect :rasberry:

Edited by Vickie

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spartan came to me to teach me what not to do with a dog...

James came to me because I must have done something really good in my life, because it's the only reason I can think of as to why i'm lucky enough he came to me...

Ari came to me to teach me that no matter what you think you know, there is always something more to learn...

Edited by SparkyTansy

Zoe came to me to teach me how important genetics is in dog behaviour, what to do (and what not to do) with a difficult dog and give me empathy for other owners with difficult dogs

Diesel came to me to teach me to appreciate dogs with good health!, about allergies in dogs, how it feels to own a dog that enjoys playing with other dogs, and that I actually did enjoy the Kelpie spunk after all.

Kaos came to me to show me what good breeding produces, to put into practice what I have learned along the way, to help me achieve my goal of competing with my dogs and to learn to trust again.

Charlie came into my life to just teach me about living each day to the fullest. He saved my life and my relationship with my boyfriend... before him, I was unmotivated with life and was completely burnt out. But, he came into my life and taught me to live again.

Emmy came into my life to remind me how truly wonderful it is to own a dog. She has made me and Charlie stronger and so much happier. She taught me to think outside the box... she has also taught me to be more organised and be less messy :(

Moo came to us to teach me patience. Being a shelter dog she came with issues and still has some.

Zac came to us because Moo chose him :(

When I'm driving home from the shelter I get butterflies in my gut because I can't wait to see them.

Schatje came to me to teach me to laugh and to help me become obsessed with all things dog.

Kulta came to me to teach me to be humble, that I wasn't nearly as good a dog-trainer as I thought I was :( , and to love and appreciate the specialness of each dog.

Emmi came to me for complete adoration, and to learn what a "real woman" really is :rasberry: .

And Louis came to me because everyone needs a lunatic in their lives! :nahnah:

Onslow came to me to teach me about dog behaviour and how to deal with dominance issues

Matilda-Rose came to me to mend my broken heart after my maltese passed away, to bring me joy and happiness and to teach me that just waking up each day is a wonderful happy occasion that should be celebrated

FlashBazil came to me to tell me about the world of foster failures, foster carers, rescues and coolies.

All my dogs have been the ones no-one else wanted - too fat, too old, too sick and too naughty. They all ended up at my house and never left!

HEY DOG (RIP) came to me to show me that even if you were only born with stumpy little legs you can still run and have fun!

BUNDY (RIP) came to me to prove I can successfully care for another living thing

RICKY came to me to show me the cycle of life

STUSSY came to me so I could experience unconditional love and appreciate how simple and wonderous life can be

Toby (RIP buddy!) came to me to start off my dog journey and experience living with an atopic dog.

Jedi came to me to introduce me to the world of dog sports and positive methods of dog training. He also taught me to laugh when things aren't going so well and not ever take anything for granted. (Oh and he continues my develop my experience with atopic dogs! I'm cursed!)

Ahsoka came to me to teach me patience and to teach me to be flexible with my training methods. She also taught me to find joy in everything I do. I love that girl!

Fable came to me... Why? Well, we'll see. :(

Edited by TerraNik

Angus came to me to show me the pure pleasure in owning and training a dog. (RIP)

Mac came to me to bless my life and show me unconditional love and total devotion.(RIP)

Liddy came to me to show me the cruelty of human beings, and his rescue instigated our breed club rescue. (RIP)

Oscar came to me to be Liddy's companion and to make me smile every single day.(RIP)

Monty came to me to show me how naughty some puppies can be, and to bring me laughter with his sheer joy of life.

Daisy came to me to show me the horror of puppy farming and to teach me that the most severely traumatised dogs can be successfully rehabilitated.

Cherry came to me to start off my passion and love for dogs; she is the dog I waited and hoped and prayed to have for years and for the rest of my life, she will be always be 'the first'.

Micha came to me to introduce me to dog training, it is because of Micha that I have met some amazing people and started learning more and more about dog training. He came to me to start my real passion for purebred dogs, and is the most wonderful, beautiful dog inside and out and will always have a special place in my heart.

Daisy... well, I don't know how to even describe what she means to me. She is the most challenging, naughty, PITA dog who is also SO smart and driven and forgiving. I don't think I will ever own another dog who will teach me as much as she has.

Atlas came to me to teach me about being a good leader (the hard way) and to show me the true meaning of unconditional love. He also came to me to bring me to DOL where I have learnt so much.

He also came to me to save my life, potentially, or save me from injury, when an intruder armed with a glass bottle confronted me at my home when I was alone last year.

Luuka came to me to teach me that love burns slowly and that there are other ways for a dog to show love apart from being a velcro dog! She also came to me so I could see that a firm, positive leadership from the start is the best basis for training. And to be an adorable fluffmonster. :(

Peggie came to me to turn me into a crazy dog lady! She is the dog that got me started on the road I am on now and showed me what unconditional love really is.

Spot came to me to show me what potential pound dogs have. He jumped into my heart as soon as I saw his face in the pound picture posted on this very forum and he will never leave.

I have learnt so many things from having a dog in my life.

I was 16 when Aurora came into my life. She taught me what the notion of 24/7 really means... getting up in the night, providing dinner for someone else, priortising my life around someone else's needs, sick times, play times... responsibilty in general. But she also taught me what real loyalty is about and that there is always some one that loves you, even when you aren't the easiest person to be around! She definitely was the one that taught me that I wanted (if not needed) a dog in my life!

Genevieve.... Genevieve came to test my patience!!! Genevieve has taught me that no matter how hard I try, I can't have control over everything and that ideals are just that - ideals! She must know that she is our 'first baby' and she is doing everything to make sure we are prepared for the human kind! She reminds me that even when I have had a long, tiring day, that it isn't all about me and that is only half my job - I still have to go home and be a Mum. And that doesn't stop. Oh, and that I can function better than I think I can on no sleep!