Obviously My Sixth Is Working.

Kirislin

Tag, like his mum often brings gifts to me when I come home after leaving them for a while. He also has the revolting habit of eating dog poo. This afternoon he did his normal coy greeting carrying something delicately between his teeth. My sixth sense told me not to hold my hand out and thank him for his lovely gift. Instead I asked him what it was and to put it down. Yes, I am sure you've guessed, it was a dog turd.

One of mine always brings me something when we get home. Anything she can grab will do, usually a toy, stick, rock or shoe (not dog poo thank god), however she does love to eat cat poo. She is always extra affectionate after eating it too, she really tries to give us a kiss afterwards! :(

One of mine always brings me something when we get home. Anything she can grab will do, usually a toy, stick, rock or shoe (not dog poo thank god), however she does love to eat cat poo. She is always extra affectionate after eating it too, she really tries to give us a kiss afterwards! :banghead:

Ewwww! :(

Kirislin what a thoughtful doglet you have :banghead: Just as well you have that 6th sense :banghead:

:(

Mosley whined to go out the other night for toilet.....OH called him but he wouldn't come in......it was freezing and approximately 3am.....

So OH runs out in his socks to get the little bugger and what's he doing?

Yeah, that's right.....eating poo :banghead:

Aren't they just delightful :laugh:

Reminds me of when we had visitors staying...... we were enjoying a nice breakfast when my spaniel came in with a 'stick' and dropped it at our friends feet - luckily we stopped him before he picked up the cat poo to throw back out for the dog :laugh:

:laugh: priceless...one turd in the hand is worth two on the lawn ..they say LOL

Awwwwwww must always listen to that small voice in ones head that says...no dont do it....

but then again we often dont and end up "in the poo" id say its Tags way of giving you guidence in life!

I guess he sort of cleans up after himself....?

I have one at home who likes to carry poo around in his mouth and also eat it... just the other day it didn't agree with him so he chucked it all back up on the bed. :laugh: Delightful. OH was not impressed..

You know, my beagles (now passed) ate poop for years, when I was living in Australia as a student. The male dog started first, then when I added the little girl, she picked up the habit. I bought all the stuff you spray on the poop to deter them, used citronella etc, and in the end was reduced to picking it up IMMEDIATELY so they won't eat it. It really grossed me out, especially when they come to give me kisses and I smell.. Poop Breath.

They were on Pro Plan because the breeder insisted so we kept to the feeding plan (I was also less savvy about dog nutrition then). When I brought them home to Singapore, I switched foods and it stopped. Like a miracle. I was so shocked that I never thought about changing their diet to stop that habit before! It definitely gave me an idea for Pro Plan's new tagline: Dog Food So Good It'd Eat Its Own Shit.

My dogs all like the Kitty Rochers, but thank god they leave their own poop alone. My sons dog used to eat his own shit, he had the worst breath....but they started adding pineapple juice to his meals and he stopped doing it.

My dogs all like the Kitty Rochers, but thank god they leave their own poop alone. My sons dog used to eat his own shit, he had the worst breath....but they started adding pineapple juice to his meals and he stopped doing it.

I've heard this, but I dunno..... since my dogs like eating pineapple as well. :p

4891902597_fd21b7d9fe_z.jpg

:thanks: My boxer Tess (passed) used to always go for the cat doo. She would be sitting there all excited when the cat was doing his business to try get to it, then I think it started becoming a competition between Tess and I who would get to it first

I heard is it because they are missing certain nutrients or something? Cannot remember from where suppose thats maybe 1 theory.