I Am Heartbroken!

Bubitty

Last night OH and I did an experiment on the kids! We put some food into a bowl and covered the bowl with a bath towel. We let each dog see what we were doing.

Results were as follows:

Bitty walked to the towel/bowl, sniffed, picked up the towel with her mouth, pulled it off, dropped it to the side and went on to eat the contents.

Bubby:

OH: Go get it Bubby

Bubby:

*Blinks*

*smiles*

*sniffs the towel and bowl*

*runs around and sniffs the air*

*smiles vaguely*

*runs to Daddy and raises a paw*

*smiles*

*blinks some more*

*sniffs towel*

*runs around bleating*

*smiles*

This went on for 5 mins. Then he *drops down next to towel and smiled vacantly into the distance*

I am so traumatised! I thought he was smarter than this! Thick as mince!!!!!! Oh well! At least he’s pretty! And loved! ;)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhhhhh but that iz all part of ze plot! If you zink the zubject iz ztupeed, you don't azk anyzink of it....zerefore, it winz! :cry:

:o Ellz perhaps he is smarter than all of us!

But bitty got her food in a few seconds! Probably would have been easier for him to do what she did if he wanted food quickly!

Bless him though! He is entertaining! ;)

Last night OH and I did an experiment on the kids! We put some food into a bowl and covered the bowl with a bath towel. We let each dog see what we were doing.

Results were as follows:

Bitty walked to the towel/bowl, sniffed, picked up the towel with her mouth, pulled it off, dropped it to the side and went on to eat the contents.

Bubby:

OH: Go get it Bubby

Bubby:

*Blinks*

*smiles*

*sniffs the towel and bowl*

*runs around and sniffs the air*

*smiles vaguely*

*runs to Daddy and raises a paw*

*smiles*

*blinks some more*

*sniffs towel*

*runs around bleating*

*smiles*

This went on for 5 mins. Then he *drops down next to towel and smiled vacantly into the distance*

I am so traumatised! I thought he was smarter than this! Thick as mince!!!!!! Oh well! At least he’s pretty! And loved! ;)

good grief...... a pure white cavalier???

:o:cry:

He and my Burmilla would be perfect together, she has the air stare, where am I, who am I? looks down pat :mad

Maybe he wanted to make sure he was allowed to have it? Just a thought :) The paw thing makes me think he knew the food was there (obviously with that nose) but was seeing if it was really OK to have it? (giving poor Bub the benefit of doubt ;) )

Bubby meet Stussy. Stussy the staffy is obsessed with catching mice. The only ones she can get though are those that we catch for her in a trap first. Usually she runs around with them in her mouth for a bit then puts them down somewhere comfy like the lounge and they run off unscathed (but slightly moist). She then follows their scent in the reverse direction to which they have headed. It's heartbreaking to watch. Lethal predator 0. Mouse 1.

Poor Bubby! :cry:

If its any consolation, I think Honey would do the same thing. Poor love gets so confused sometimes. ;) I may have to try it!

When we play fetch, my little bimbo can run around and around in circles looking like she is saying "which way did it go, which way did it go?" :o

Bless their sweet pretty heads. :mad

Maybe he wanted to make sure he was allowed to have it? Just a thought :cry: The paw thing makes me think he knew the food was there (obviously with that nose) but was seeing if it was really OK to have it? (giving poor Bub the benefit of doubt ;) )

That's what I reckon, he's such a good boy he wanted your permission.

And now you think he's thick :o

;) :o

I'll have to try this on Riddick and Rover.

I tried just dropping a blanket over them. Rover shook it off in a few seconds. Riddick wandered around vaguely, still covered by blanket, bumped into a wall, lay down, and fell asleep. Still covered by blanket :mad

Yeah we have also tried this! Same results as you! Guess which was the one who wandered around???? :cry: