Black Hawk Holistic

Guest belgian.blue

I have an 11kg bitch that gets one cup and a 14.5 kg male that gets one and around a half. They also get a tablespoon of something else - meat, sardines etc

They get a chew of someosrt or a bone most days and we also have training treats on an average of every second day. On days like yesterday where it was too hot to do much they had 3/4 of a cup and 1 cup respectively.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm going to give BH a go for my two. We have been on Royal Canin Medium Adult for years but thought a change might be good. I'm literally down the road from one of the Melbourne Distributors (Porky's) and i've just picked up my first bag. They had it down to $79.00. Great value. Hope my doggies like it.

Edited by AussieDog

I'm going to give BH a go for my two. We have been on Royal Canin Medium Adult for years but thought a change might be good. I'm literally down the road from one of the Melbourne Distributors (Porky's) and i've just picked up my first bag. They had it down to $79.00. Great value. Hope my doggies like it.

Pet 'N' The Dog at Beaconsfield sells (everyday price) Adult Dog 20 kg for $78 and Puppy 20 kg for $82, if Dogs Vic member even bit less.

3 of my dogs are being feed black hawk my male golden retriever Buddy gets 2-3 tablespoons of raw pet minced meat in the morning and 1 1/4 cup of black hawk at night. My female golden retriever Shelley gets 2-3 tablespoons of pet mince in the morning and 3/4 cup of black hawk at night. My female whippet Missy gets 2-3 tablespoons of pet mince in the morning and 1/4 to 1/2 cup (depending on how much exercise she has had) of black hawk at night.

Black Hawke is one of the food types I supply to my dog. Mandela has digestive issues and no food I have found so far is something that he can eat without having a reaction to - whether that be over a short term or long term and whether that be whole raw foods or commercially prepared foods. Mandela doesn't eat it all the time (not the fault of BH) but of the kibble brands, BH is the one he tends to favour.

thanks leslie :)

Hi Scruffy,

Yes BlackHawk is a complete diet, so technically you shouldn't feed anything else with it. The same can also be said for all the other premium kibbles available today. People still feed meat and other extras with those as well. In the end I think it comes down to what you want to do with your animals, we stopped feeding ours any meat with their kibble almost 2 years ago now, however they do have a thick meaty bone 3 times a week too.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Leslie

Just a heads up to any south east VIC DOLers feeding BH. OAKLEIGH PRODUCE is selling 20kg of Adult for $75 (maybe that's old news). Made me happy!

Only has 3kg bags of Cat so far ($22).

There seems to be a few outlets selling BH in Vic, are there any in the Sydney area?

Hi luvsdogs,

There are no outlets selling BH in the Sydney area, there are however several distributors, myself included.

Regards,

Leslie

0401 745 744

[email protected]

Just a heads up to any south east VIC DOLers feeding BH. OAKLEIGH PRODUCE is selling 20kg of Adult for $75 (maybe that's old news). Made me happy!

There seems to be a few outlets selling BH in Vic, are there any in the Sydney area?

Hi Luvsdogs,

I sent you a PM. last night..did you get it??

Thought I might publish this letter from a very happy BH feeder as it may help Newsensation Cleo :-

"Thought I’d let you know this too. Since buying the Black Hawk, I’ve been giving my dogs more kibble than I used to in the past (roughly half-and-half with their raw meat now)... I thought it might give my old boy Dash (14 y.o. Lab) a bit of a boost. Now, here’s the interesting part... Dash had a bit of a gunky belly rash prior to starting on the Black Hawk – he’d had it earlier this year too and the vet did a scraping and said it was part bacterial/part yeast infection and he recommended Malaseb baths to clear it up, and it did go away after the baths. But when it showed up again this time we were having really cool weather and I didn’t like the idea of a course of Malaseb baths, when I’d have to leave poor Dash cold and wet for 10 minutes each time. Well, it was around that time I started feeding him the Black Hawk and now I’ve noticed the gunk has completely gone and I’m wondering whether it’s due to the emu oil in the kibble... OR just the fact that he’s getting a much healthier product now. Maybe a combination of both, but it’s great that he’s got nice clear skin now, that’s for sure!!"

Thought I might publish this letter from a very happy BH feeder as it may help Newsensation Cleo :-

"Thought I’d let you know this too. Since buying the Black Hawk, I’ve been giving my dogs more kibble than I used to in the past (roughly half-and-half with their raw meat now)... I thought it might give my old boy Dash (14 y.o. Lab) a bit of a boost. Now, here’s the interesting part... Dash had a bit of a gunky belly rash prior to starting on the Black Hawk – he’d had it earlier this year too and the vet did a scraping and said it was part bacterial/part yeast infection and he recommended Malaseb baths to clear it up, and it did go away after the baths. But when it showed up again this time we were having really cool weather and I didn’t like the idea of a course of Malaseb baths, when I’d have to leave poor Dash cold and wet for 10 minutes each time. Well, it was around that time I started feeding him the Black Hawk and now I’ve noticed the gunk has completely gone and I’m wondering whether it’s due to the emu oil in the kibble... OR just the fact that he’s getting a much healthier product now. Maybe a combination of both, but it’s great that he’s got nice clear skin now, that’s for sure!!"

Thanks Sheena =] I appreciate it. I'll let you know how we go!

Bega Valley Kennel & Obedience Club 10/2/12- 12/2/12

Kangaroo Valley Show 18/2/12

Milton Show 3/3/12

Tarago 4/3/12

Black Hawk South Coast NSW will be in attendance at the above shows. If you require samples or product please

Email me Ph: 02 44230840 Mob 0403235669

for deliveries. I have Collies (Rough) and am normally located at the working ring.

Edited by Belinda

Hi, re blackhawk biscuits

I just found out that Hawkesbury Pet Food at McGraths Hill/Mulgrave now stock BlackHawk biscuits. Picked up a bag today they have both cat and dog biscuits. Great little shop that sells the best pigs ears - they are large and 100% Australian $1.50 each or you can buy bags of them. They also sell fresh pet meat and I picked up a bag of the elusive Green tripe !!

call Sandra on 4587 7950.

address is Unit 4, 7 Wingate Rd, Mulgrave, NSW 2756

email [email protected]

cheers

Jess

AUSTRALIA DAY SHOW AT ERSKINE PARK

Hi Everyone in the Sydney Area,

Just a quick note to let you know that I will be attending the Australia Day Show for a few hours, so if anyone would like to pick up some kibble just give me a ring or send me an email.

Thans

Leslie

0401 745 744

[email protected]

hi leslie, i've just now sent you an email :)

After lots of browsing through this thread have now put in my first order that's going to be dropped off on Wednesday. Am looking forward to seeing how the bullies go on this one.

Amanda the rep up here on the sunnie coast was great to deal with too. Got back to me super quick and was prepared to drop off to me within a few hours, which I found really impressive :)

Hi just sent you an email,hope it helps

Leslie

AUSTRALIA DAY SHOW AT ERSKINE PARK

Hi Everyone in the Sydney Area,

Just a quick note to let you know that I will be attending the Australia Day Show for a few hours, so if anyone would like to pick up some kibble just give me a ring or send me an email.

Thans

Leslie

0401 745 744

[email protected]

hi leslie, i've just now sent you an email :)

Hi Stans Mum

Yes there are a fair few Greyhounds on BlackHawk, Show, Pet and racing,

One sucess story on a racing Greyhound, he is wheat intollerant, and was not doing well at racing trials, dull coat etc, and owned by a human Naturopath 6 weeks of BlackHawk his coat was beautiful and he started winning trials, 3 months later he won his first race, his owner is very happy,so will be interesting to watch the rest of his career

Regards

Sherel

I bought a bag of Black Hawk for my greyhounds off Tim at Whitey's Petfood Ballarat a while back, like the formula, the only thing I didn't like about the product is the "ball bearing" size pellets, fine for small breeds but IMO larger pellet size would be better suited to greyhounds and larger breeds. Any thoughts on putting out an "ADULT" size kibble too for larger breeds????