Where Do You Bath Your Dog?

lanabanana

every 4-6 weeks dependant on weather. Normally in the bath - we had a wide ledge so I sit on the ledge and they stand in the bath on a plastic non slip mat and I use a tap sprayer attachment. We are going to get them groomed soon though so will try the hydro bath and most likely stick with that, with the odd bath at home thrown in (if they've rolled in poop or some other muck).

:cheer:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every 2-4 weeks. Quinn in the bath atm because she hates it and doesn't tolerate it easily. Its too hard to do her under the hose.

Buster was getting done under the hose but now I just do him in the bath after Quinn.

Quinn is due for a bath anyway, i need to get a picture of the woe face she puts on during.

Edited by busterlove

In our Bath with a small container to scoop over the water.

As for how often, when we just had Rommi it was around every 3 months, now we have Lewis he has more white so sometimes monthly or every second month.

If I did them under a cold hose I think they would hate it and me forever and I would have buckley's of getting near them again!

James gets bathed...never.

I did it once when he was about 4 months old out of some feeling that perhaps he should get used to it. It was done outside with the hose (no way am I letting a sodden dog loose in the bathroom) and he promptly rolled all over the grass and dirt to dry himself. Ended up fouler than before he started.

<I'm surprised at the number of owners who are bathing every week.>

I bathe or shower daily :banghead::cheer: The dogs not so often though!

The DOGS get bathed about twice a year.

usually at the car wash-I do wipe the tub out with tea tree oil before I use it though. :banghead: such spoilt dogs!

Poodles: large laundry tub (I chose the deepest largest one I could find) with a veggie spray tap. The bottom is covered with a non-slip rubber mat with a hole cut out for the plug hole. I also had a small tastic fitted in the laundry to keep it warm in winter - spoiled devils!!

Whippet: Bath tub with a handshower (on two way tap fitting) on a non-slip bath mat.

Poodles: every two to three weeks - the white girl more often than the black boys

Howie - every one or two weeks as he's shown. I wash his front legs more often due to his lousy aim. :eek:

Edited by poodlefan

I have a Hydro bath ( love 'em )

it hasn't been used for nearly 2 years :eek:

When Ryan Whippet does get washed we use the inside bath tub with a shower hose

and a non slip mat down last time Ryan was bathed about 3 months ago he doesn't seem to need

a lot of washing . :D

Coco the cocker spaniel gets bathed every couple of months or as needed. I have a booster bath ( back saver) that fits perfectly into the floor space of the shower and then use the spray handshower to wet him down and rinse him off. Dried under the electric dryer all up takes about 45mins.

Bohdi the shih tzu is another story altogether. In show coat he gets bathed every 4-5 days in the booster bath ( more room than the laundry sink ) and then dried under the dog dryer. All up takes just under three hours from start to finish :love: !

Pet poms, hardly ever. when they need. they dont smell so it can be 2 years before you realise they havent had a bath in that long.

show ones, more often, with around 3 diff shampoos lol!

All mine get done in kitchen sink then grooming table with the dryer on warm. they do prefer the warm air, but if they had thier way they not be bathed full stop!

Charlie and Emmy gets a bathed in the laundry sink.

They get bathe whenever they need it. I can't really tell you how often. Sometimes they can go months without having a bath and sometimes they get one every week, it all depends on what we've been up too and where we go.

I avoid giving Charlie as much as I can though... he only gets a bath when he stinks :p

Emmy sometimes like jumping in the shower with me.

Is it necessary to bath dogs regularly?

I haven't bathed my pup for at least 5 months. She is not smelly, dirty and doesn't have skin issues (despite regular swimming in both seawater and creekwater and rolling around in grass, mud and god-knows-what LOL).

I usually just towel her off after a swim or if she is dirty.

She would probably stand still to be hosed off, but being 25kg now, putting her in the laundary sink is no longer practical. She has shown some inclination to hop into the bathtub with me though. I have discouraged her from doing this as I don't think her potential vision impaired/disabled handler would appreciate 25kg of lab joining them in the bathtub!

Is it necessary to bath dogs regularly?

I haven't bathed my pup for at least 5 months. She is not smelly, dirty and doesn't have skin issues (despite regular swimming in both seawater and creekwater and rolling around in grass, mud and god-knows-what LOL).

I usually just towel her off after a swim or if she is dirty.

She would probably stand still to be hosed off, but being 25kg now, putting her in the laundary sink is no longer practical. She has shown some inclination to hop into the bathtub with me though. I have discouraged her from doing this as I don't think her potential vision impaired/disabled handler would appreciate 25kg of lab joining them in the bathtub!

I would be getting a guide dog pup used to being washed. Nothing worse then trying to wash an adult dog for the first time. Unless the Guide Dog people say no washing of course.

I have a hydrabath. I still probably only wash mine once a month. Mine could be done more often, not because of smells but because they are...pink. I have red soil, so have black and pink border collies! I get soooo bored of the comments. A heap of people think it is their natural colour.

I have a hydrabath. I still probably only wash mine once a month. Mine could be done more often, not because of smells but because they are...pink. I have red soil, so have black and pink border collies! I get soooo bored of the comments. A heap of people think it is their natural colour.

The ultra-rare black-and-pink border collies, could be a Christmas winner for Deshonko Kennels!