We Had To Let Our Sweet Sweet Tobias Go

newfsie

I feel desperately sad, we had to let Toby go and be free of pain...........

Arthur, our Vet agreed that nothing could be done to make our sweet boy more comfortable. He vomited last night and was very restless. We gave him a lovely happy morning with his favorite breakfast and his Secret Santa was opened, thank you Sydney........he loved his crackling frog. We took Toby for his drive, with his new toys, with all the windows open, so he could slobber in the breeze. I could see him smile.

Mike and I held and cuddled him, in the back of the Jeep and told him we loved him. it was so quick, he just went to sleep. Arthur is so kind and gentle

We have buried him next to Zacky and deep in our hearts

We loved you big guy :)

While you could not speak the words,

I could hear the whispers of your voice.

Telling me it was time to go,

to celebrate your life and rejoice.

You decided it was time to go and

find your resting ground.

You lay down your tired head and

went without a sound.

In my heart I know you loved me,

as much as I loved you.

I pray you've found the peace,

that's helped to see me through.

I thank you for all the joy in my life and

the smiles you've brought to me.

May God guide you on your journey and

may your spirit always run free.

http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/openTheBox...3d0d0a&sb=1

I made this Smilebox for a gotcha day, I guess it is in his memory now, please watch it and celebrate his life

Toby is now with our newfies Zacky, Abbey, Jessy, Josh and our work dogs Cody, Lobo, Fred and Nugget

:) Crying for yet another dog I didn't have the pleasure of meeting :)

Beautiful tribute. Along with others who have gone before him, Tobias will stay in your hearts as treaured memories forever.

:) s to those he has left behind.

Beautiful tribute. Along with others who have gone before him, Tobias will stay in your hearts as treaured memories forever.

Well said Its Meg

:) I am so sorry for your loss, you gave him the best gift of all, Run free Tobias

I am so very, very sorry for your loss. I have tears streaming down my face after that beautiful tribute. :) Tobias was a very special boy, who was blessed to have found a very special family to spend his final days with and to show him what true love is. Bless you all for giving him unconditional love and letting him know pure joy. My thoughts and prayers are with all the members of Toby's family - human and fur, who I am sure are all devastated at his passing. RIP beautiful boy and wait for your family at the bridge. :)

Me too. I am so sorry to hear about your special boy. May he RIP :)

I have very rarely ventured into this forum after I lost my beautiful boy last year :) , but I have to say goodbye to this beautiful special boy ;) and pass on my sincere condolences for your great loss ;) . Tobias was so lucky to have spent his remaining time with you, Mike and your beautiful Newfie family and it was probably the happiest time of his life. My heart goes out to you both as I know you must be feeling very devastated at losing your beautiful very special big boy who will always be remembered with much love and happiness and never forgotten :) I know it must have been heartwrenching to make that terribly difficult decision to let him go, but you did so because you loved him so much and did what is right for him :)

RIP Tobias and know you were well loved and will be very sadly missed - run free with all the other Newfies at :)

My heart sank when I saw this thread :D . I am so sorry for your loss, he was such a beautiful big boy. You gave him the best life any newfie could possible dream of, it truely must have been like a dream come true for Tobias when he discovered Newfie paradise with your family. The gentle giant of DOL will be greatly missed by us all. Rest easy over the rainbow bridge sweet boy :thumbsup:

I'm so terribly sorry for the loss of your Tobias... I was only just reading your post about wondering how you would cope, as he'd snuck and embedded himself into your heart so much... I actually shed a tear when I saw this thread.

But... what a way to go! Surrounded by such love and happy things. The one thing you can say, is that he found his happiness and love before his life ended.

And I'm sure that's all he ever wanted.

Rest in peace Tobias - and big hugs to your family who now grieve at your loss.

Rest easy handsome Tobias :D

I loved checking out photo's of this beautiful boy and enjoyed seeing how happy and loved he was with you and his pack.

What a devastating loss. There were a lot of tears shed for you today Tobias. You have touched so many here and we will miss seeing your gorgeous face.

Look after your family while over the bridge. You have left an almighty hole ;)

So sorry for your loss Newfsie.

Edited by baifra