52 Week Photo Challenge 2011

~*Shell*~

Oh god, why not. I'll give it a go, I'm just hoping I remember to do this, I tend to get distracted by 'life', no really unfortunately work often gets in my way, but its worth a try.

My theme will be 52 weeks of animals. Mostly I think it will be Bronte, Lara (cat) and the new puppy yet to be named, who will be home in Feb. But I might also add pics of my horse, or others and other furry/feathered friends.

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The OP is updated. I'll be starting on the 3rd and my week will go from monday to sunday. Eep. I think I'm going to have a lot of photo challenges going this year!

ETA: I'm actually considering doing a 52 weeks of me challenge as well this year. I never take shots of myself so I think it would be good fo me....

Edited by ~*Shell*~

Can I still play? I have moved my dogs from the purist to this one.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pumpitdog/531...in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/blisty/5310319333/ - Blister (purebred JRT)

And I'm also not sure if I have put the links down properly? This just sounded like something I need to commit myself to and a helluva lot of fun.

And if I have done this all wrong, just let me know

Cheers and Thanks

Edited by Guest

Thanks, Shell, for your hard work updating the OP!!

pumpit - I don't think there is any "wrong" way here!

gillybob - great to have you. I'm sure someone can help you figure out how to upload. Just remember to resize your image (650-900 pixels longest edge seems to work the best for the most people viewing; I drop mine down to 200kbs or less, too, which you have to do to directly upload to DOL anyway). I personally whap mine up on photobucket and then paste the link in as I like to display the image and not a thumbnail that people have to click to see (which is what happens with a direct upload to DOL). Either either - whatever works for you!

The thing you do realise if you take photos on the same day every week all year and then do it for years on end is how similar the weather pattern is. As in which particular weeks it tends to rain and which tend to be hot (even the random ones where its cold in summer and hot in spring) it usually follows a pattern regardless of how 'unusual' the weather reports say something is.

Ok...Im convinced...I will join the rebel class....count me in, (Luci & Rosie) Or maybe ill just play lens lotto! One photo a week...sounds like a plan....good training for joining the elite force of the 365 project in the future :) :)

I'm keen to join in but as my foster dog ate my new DSLR I might have to start with iphone pics until I get a new body. Should only take a week or two, I hope that's ok.

Mine will be 52wks of Rescue Dogs.. including my own:)

I agree - Thank you Shell for organizing and keeping up with us changing our minds all over the place :)

I am going to start off this year with a pic of both the girls.

I just love the expression on Echos face when Alera jumped over her.

Her face is priceless :)

For now I'll make do with my point and shoot
I'm keen to join in but as my foster dog ate my new DSLR I might have to start with iphone pics until I get a new body.

I'm not seeing this as a competition, but a challenge to keep us motivated and/or improve our skills - whatever level we are at :eek: I know I have a LOT of learning to do :) so am looking forward to the challenge :D

i would like to do this - of my pets not one dog in particular if that is ok?

Flaves - absolutely! This is the anything at all goes thread - the only thing "required" is that you submit one photo a week :laugh: You don't even need to keep to a theme for the whole year.

i would like to do this - of my pets not one dog in particular if that is ok?

Flaves - absolutely! This is the anything at all goes thread - the only thing "required" is that you submit one photo a week :shrug: You don't even need to keep to a theme for the whole year.

cool i will do mine either tonight or tomorrow