Showering With Your Dog

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone here done it?

I have :) I used dog shampoo of course, but it was so much easier than using the laundry tub and getting my clothes all wet and dirty. The dogs like it too :D

Great idea

The easier the better.

Wish I could make a dog dip, like a sheep dip :D

Think I could get a couple of old bath tubs and a ramp. I could make a production line. Rinse in first tub. Suds on ramp. Rinse in second tub.

Brilliant

HAHAHA :) This thread has given me a laugh !

My dogs/dog do not like water much..

And they used to look at me sumtime while i was in the shower, just watching me and thinking i was CRAZY getting in THERE lol :D

My very first pei used to freak out and bolt when i got my towel out of the linen cupboard for MY SHOWER ! Thinking it was for HER !

Its a good idea tho, for dogs that like the shower :D

Yeah I've done it too. :D An extendable shower hose would make it easier. Neither of the dogs really like it so I just stick to the bath tub for Chester and the laundry tub for Lola. Bending down to the bath tub to wash Chester hurts though! And even though he doesn't like going in the shower he is fascinated by it when I run it for me, will stick his head in but that's all.

Yes I've showered my labrador many times, and she just loves it. I have a rubber mat on the base so she doesn't slip over and it's so easy once you and your dog get the hang of it. I always get out first and get her to shake in the shower and have already prepared about 10 towels on the floor for her antics once she's on dry land. She's so easy to wash in any case as she'll jump in the bath but she makes such a mess with black hair everywhere so it's the shower, it's much easier to clean. Only problem now is whenever I get in the shower she lies on the bathmat at the door waiting for her turn ??? My new unit has a smaller shower so she has solo showers now and it's even better, she is a labrador, water is her passion. Go for it just make sure you have a mat on the base so they can't slip over and hurt themselves.

Another shower user here. Our ensuite shower head is on a rail and I lower it so she doesn't get sprayed in the face. Sometimes I sit on the recess floor with her and use the shower as a handheld...always with me between her and the door! Getting her to shake off inside the shower also helps keep the bathroom a tad drier afterward.