My Old Girl Passed Away In Her Sleep Last Night

woodbyne

Hi

Its with a heavy heart that i write about my old girl passing away in her sleep. I rescued her in July and she was skin and bone screaming in agony to the point that on 3 occasions early on i thought i'd have to put her to sleep but with love, food and exercises a big warm bed she soon got over her sore leg she got way to fat taht we had to reduce her food by half and was hooting around with my other dogs. Only ysterday after noon i was sitting in the house paddock watching the dogs playing and i was thinking how good she was looking and think i would have her for a few more years yet. She ate her tea as normal last night then before i went to bed as usual i checked then all and they were all in their beds she lifted her head in the same usual way and i said good night. Went out in the morning to let them out and she had passed away she was curled up as if still asleep. She was special to me as she was a litter brother to my boy who passed awy in May then i got her in July its hard to believe shes gone. Make sure you always say those extra special things to all loved ones before you leave them you just don't know whats around the corner. Be free my gorgeous girl go play with your brother and say hello to him for us all down here. XXXOOOOO

Woodbyne I am very sorry for your loss :mad

Its sad that 'she' didn't wake once more for u, but i'm sure she was very peacful and comfortable in the warm and loving home that u had provided her with.

I also know how difficult it is to refer to ur recently 'passed away' companion by their name.. Its hard to say and type.

I get shivers when i say 'my girls' name, and i wish i could just call her and she would be beside me again :)

Run Free 'Old Girl' :shrug:

Thinking of u at this hard time.

I'm really sorry for you woodbyne and so sorry you didn't have longer with her. But what a way to go - peacefully in your sleep in your own warm bed, in the company of other dogs, knowing you were loved and special to someone - no lingering pain and anxiety leading to surgeries, needles and the green dream. I hope that happens to mine, hard as it will be on me. Run free old girl :( Big hugs woodbyne :D