My Pup Has Parvovirus

michelle&zoey

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just found this thread - really glad to here young Zoey is doing better. If they send her home this soon watch her really closely as she will still be very fragile. Hope she continues to get better and you are posting soon about a full recovery.

I just found this thread too.

Glad to hear she is improving. I have 2 parvo survivors here. Blacky (husky) was about 10-12 wks when she got it and went downhill so fast overnight. One day she appeared a little off, the next morning she was clinging to life. She recieved treatment and nearly 6 years on, lives a normal, happy life.

Luki (husky x) was rescued from the pound early last year. He was a very lethargic pup (appox 12 wks old), and close to dying when I picked him up and rushed him to the vet. He tested a strong positive to parvo. He has since grown into a gorgeous boy, with no health issues.

A link to Luki's youtube video

Never give up hope. :thanks:

I just found this thread too.

Glad to hear she is improving. I have 2 parvo survivors here. Blacky (husky) was about 10-12 wks when she got it and went downhill so fast overnight. One day she appeared a little off, the next morning she was clinging to life. She recieved treatment and nearly 6 years on, lives a normal, happy life.

Luki (husky x) was rescued from the pound early last year. He was a very lethargic pup (appox 12 wks old), and close to dying when I picked him up and rushed him to the vet. He tested a strong positive to parvo. He has since grown into a gorgeous boy, with no health issues.

A link to Luki's youtube video

Never give up hope. :rofl:

Thats the key K9......never give up hope or give in....they can and do make it..

I picked her up at 4.15pm. She was overjoyed to see me and was extremely hyperactive when I carried her into the house. She started vomiting within minutes. I phoned the vet and he said to bring her back in if she's still vomiting at 9pm. She vomited at least a dozen times and stopped prior to 7pm. She won't take her eyes off me. I keep lying down next to her to comfort her. I wish I could get out of work tomorrow. My sister will be taking care of her.

I think they sent her home prematurely. :rofl:

I have i/d hills prescription diet canned food and science diet large breed puppy to feed her. She won't touch the dry food. The tin food contains 370g per tin. I gave her 1/3 of a can and she ate a little bit but left most of it. They did feed her this morning and at lunch.

She has lost a lot of weight. I can feel all her bones. She is lighter now than she was at 7 weeks. She is 9 weeks old. She drank a lot of water.

She seems relaxed now (at 8.30pm) and is going to sleep.

I don't think it matters much if she doesn't want to eat a lot yet, her insides will be very irritated. Little and often is probably the go. But it is very important she drinks and keeps her fluids up.

Edited by Diva

Best of luck - I don't think she should be home just yet ... but I hope I'm wrong! :rofl: Don't forget to be absolutely scrupulous in your hygeine now ..and all her vomit etc has the potential to infect other dogs ...as do your clothes/shoes/fingernails ....

Thinking of you and the poor little girl.

If you haven't been able to get your hands on Trigene, F10 or VirkonS, my Virkon order arrived today. If you are within driving distance of Ipswich I can get some to you (it is very effective and a little goes a long way). Happy to give you some so you can at least have a foot bath at the door and spray for areas that need it.

just send a pm if you would like me to get some to you,

Edited by Ams