My Beautiful Bonnie 04/06/09~18/04/11

julzjc

MACCASSTAFFS INTENSITY

"Bonnie" 04/06/09~18/04/11

My sweet beautiful girl is gone. She was given her wings yesterday, cradled in my arms as she went over the Rainbow Bridge. We were too late to save her from the dreaded Bloat.

Our kids have been so amazing, they kissed and cuddled her when I took her home. They just smiled and reminisced about the fun times they had with her. My 5yr old found her collar that I had taken off. She cuddled up on the sofa with it, talking to Bonnie, shedding tears and smiling at the same time; it broke my heart.

They chose where to bury her, up in her favourite corner and we each laid one of her tug toys in with her (there were alot :thumbsup: ). We planted a Loquat fruit tree with her so it will forever be known as "Bonnie's Tree". It looks beautiful, just like Bonnie.

Indie is taking hard, he is either laying under her tree or hiding in my room. It is just so quiet, its feels like there are no dogs atall anymore. We just feel so empty and lost right now.

The silence is deafening. Not hearing her nails click-clack along the floorboards, being bruised by her tail, being given presents every time we come in the door(shoes from the shoe box). Even making dinner last night, there were no pleading eyes watching me.

We are just crushed, she was just a pup!

Rest Easy over the Rainbow bridge my sweet girl, you will never be forgotten!

photo.jpg

WHEN TOMORROW STARTS WITHOUT ME

Author Unknown

When tomorrow starts without me,

And I'm not there to see;

The sun will rise and find your eyes

All filled with tears for me.

I wish so much you wouldn't cry

The way you did today,

Remembering how I'd lay my head

In your lap that special way.

I know how much you love me,

As much as I love you,

And each time that you think of me,

I know you'll miss me too.

But when tomorrow starts without me.

Please try to understand,

That an angel came and called my name

And petted me with her hand.

She said my place was ready,

In Heaven far above,

And that I'd have to leave behind

All those I dearly love.

But, as I turned to heel away,

A tear fell from my eye,

For all my life I never thought

That I would have to die.

I had so much to live for,

So many sits and downs to do,

It seemed almost impossible,

That I was leaving you.

I thought about our lives together,

I know you must be sad,

I thought of all the love we shared,

And all the fun we had.

Remember how I'd nudge your hand,

And poke you with my nose?

The frisbee I would gladly chase,

The bad guy, I'd "bark and hold".

If I could relive yesterday,

Just even for awhile,

I'd wag my tail and kiss you,

Just so I could see you smile.

But, then I fully realized,

That this could never be;

For emptiness and memories

Will take the place of me.

And when I thought of treats and toys,

I might miss come tomorrow,

I thought of you and when I did,

My dog-heart filled with sorrow.

But then I walked through Heaven's gate,

And felt so much at home;

As God looked down and smiled at me,

From His beautiful golden throne.

He said, "This is eternity,

And now we welcome you,

Today your life on earth is past,

But here it starts anew".

I promise no tomorrow,

But today will always last;

For you see, each days's the same day,

There's no longing for the past.

So when tomorrow starts without me,

Don't think we're far apart.

For every time you think of me,

I'm right there, in your heart.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry julz, I too know the feeling all too well. My partner was talking about Jake as if he is still here yesterday and I had to gently remind him that it has now been 6 months since he has been gone.

The tears will flow, the heart will break but I hope in time that the memories of love and loyalty that we shared will one day break through the pain.

I am so so sorry Julz. My thoughts are with you and your family including Indie at this very sad time. :eek:

I got to meet Bonnie in person a few weeks ago and she was a gorgeous girl and obviously very much loved. This has come as a shock to me, so I can only imagine what you would be going through at the moment. :cry::cry:

Sending hugs and condolences to you and your family. :laugh:

And please remember Julz, I am only a phone call away, even if you just need a shoulder to cry on, I am here.

R.I.P. Beautiful Bonnie :laugh:

Julz I'm so very sad for you all, we too know the utter devestation of losing a young one suddenly.

all our thoughts are with you and your family.

take one day at a time, each day the pain eases just a tiny bit - and be prepared for bad days too, let the tears out when you need too.

fifi, danny & hounds xxx

Thankyou everyone for all your thoughts, they have ment alot to us. My OH had a look through last night and could barely hold back the tears. He couldnt believe that so many kind hearted people, that never even knew Bonnie, would post their condolences for her, thankyou!

I just wanted to share some of my favourite photos of my beautiful girl. We are going to put an album together for her and get the kids to tell us their favourite memories, so they can look back through it whenever they want to.

Its funny how its the odd little things that make you teary. I went to water her tree last night, it wasnt the fact that I was hosing "Bonnies Tree" that made me cry but that I was able to use the hose without a water cazy Staffy attacking the water, then targeting the nozzle (head butting more like lol) with her nose to make me spray it again. Daft dog, but we loved her.

Heres some more piccys..

july084.jpg

childfriendly.jpg

June10371.jpg

PC232764.jpg

july068.jpg

fastasleepday4.jpg

June10401.jpg

6BonIndie052.jpg

PC032657.jpg

PB162566.jpg

Edited by julzjc

Never imagining she would be taken so young, I count myself lucky to have met Bonnie. An adorable little bear who will surely be missed by all those that were lucky enough to have known her. RIP sweetheart, your time was short but you have left a big hole behind. To Julz & Family - I'm so sorry for your loss, and as I said if there's anything you (or Indie) need, just ask.

xx