My Beautiful Bonnie 04/06/09~18/04/11

julzjc

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She was a beautiful, gentle girl, by the looks of it ...so wonderful around the children

..speaking of which- OMG just HOW cute are your babies!!!! :vomit: :vomit:

I just love the photo of the 'three-in-a-basket' .....

Aww, thankyou Pers, they certainly dont take after my Scottish blood do they?!

That was my Favourite photo. Manasa used to love sleeping with her, sucking his thumb and rubbing her ears like a blankie. He has asked for her a few times but he is starting to understand now.

I read through everyones messages again last night, and cried, alot! I couldnt sleep untill 3am thinking about her. All your condolences have really touched my heart, Thankyou!

Indie is going from bad to worse but we will get him through it. He is good when he is at my side but apart from that, he's just not coping atall. We have a few things to try to help him but in the meantime Im going to have to be with him 24/7. Poor boy is just breaking my heart all over again.

Thankyou again everyone, it has ment so much, Julzx

Oh Julz, I'm so sorry! :) What lovely photos of a beautiful girl! (I have a soft spot for the brindles) She looks like such a gorgeous natured girl, I can clearly see the bond between Bonnie and your children in the photos, as well as between the two dogs. Like Persephone, I just adore the three in a basket photo, and your children are so cute! They look like little ragdoll cat versions of kids the way they're draped all over the place!

My Ella also misses my Kuges so I know what you are going through with Indie, but try not to baby him and make a big deal of it - his healing is greatly in your hands. The more you try to reassure him, the more he will sook, so try to be a little hard, it's difficult, but in his best interests.

Most of all, love and hugs to you at this time - every pet lover's worst nightmare, losing one of our beloved babies too soon. :eek:

Run free beautiful Bonnie :thumbsup:

Oh no, I am so sorry to read this. After everything you went through when they were sick, this just isn't fair. My thoughts are with you. RIP gorgeous Bonnie. Watch over those kids from the bridge.

• 2 weeks later...

I am so sorry, I have only just read this. What a beautiful girl she was. After everything she went through a while ago, it is hard to believe she is not with you anymore.

May Bonnie RIP :thumbsup:

Hugs to you and your family

Rest easy Bonnie :laugh:

Such a stunning girl gone too soon.

I'm so sorry for you and your family's loss.

My heart breaks for Indie. It's so hard when you can't take their pain away.

Take care.

Aww, thankyou Pers, they certainly dont take after my Scottish blood do they?!

That was my Favourite photo. Manasa used to love sleeping with her, sucking his thumb and rubbing her ears like a blankie. He has asked for her a few times but he is starting to understand now.

I read through everyones messages again last night, and cried, alot! I couldnt sleep untill 3am thinking about her. All your condolences have really touched my heart, Thankyou!

Indie is going from bad to worse but we will get him through it. He is good when he is at my side but apart from that, he's just not coping atall. We have a few things to try to help him but in the meantime Im going to have to be with him 24/7. Poor boy is just breaking my heart all over again.

Thankyou again everyone, it has ment so much, Julzx

OMG julzjc I am crying while I read this - I lost my 9yr old shepherd earlier this year to gastric torsion so I know what you're going through. It's just the worst - one minute they're with you and the next they're gone :). You do the what if's, but honestly you just have to accept there's nothing more you could have done. Too make it worse my other shepherd Indi (yes, that's right but she's a girl) missed him so much it made his loss that much worse. I have a Goldie but Indi just adored my beautiful boy and I really miss seeing her cuddle up to to him covering his face in kisses.

Sending you and your family :laugh:

Edited by gsdog2

:(

very sorry you lost your baby so young such a shame.

big hugs to you and your family even though i didn't know bonnie she seems like one of a kind to your young kids and very gentle.

Edited by BMAK

Julzjc I just saw this and I can't believe it! I am so used to seeing your posts with the pic of Bonnie and Indie that I feel like I know them both!

And to lose her to bloat is so unlucky. I'm really sorry for your loss and I hope Indie comes to term with losing his mate. Some dogs struggle more than others.

Big hugs to you guys.

Julzjc I am so sorry for you and your beautiful family, what a loss and so young. So tragic. Bonnie was clearly such a huge part of your family and what a dog, so great with the kids....and I can see in your photos how close Indie and Bonnie were. Poor Indie.

Your kids seem to have a great attitude, a healthy approach to this dreadful loss, and what Bonnie is for them, clearly seen by your wonderful photos. She was indeed a very special girl. How lucky she was to have such a perfect loving family for her time on earth.

I remember when we lost Zeus, he was a Staffy cross, and the most beautiful boy ever, he dies in my arms from cancer at 14 and I swore I would never get another dog again - I just decided I could never ever go through that grief and sense of loss ever again and the damn things just don't live long enough. But she left Punni our kelpie behind. I decided to send Punni to my mother who lived on big land where a kelpie can run like the wind, and she had a gorgeous kelpie too. But I cancelled jetpets 6 times (they were so great about it) - and I could not let her go. So I had to get another dog for company as Punni was fretting, and our Westie came along - they are inseparable sisters, just so gorgeous and loving together. I only tell you this because you might be thinking its impossible to replace Bonnie, and of course it is. But it will do Indie a world of good to meet her new sister or brother....when you are ready of course. From my experience, i it happened agin and lost one of mine, I'd get another one wihtin 2 weeks - for the benefit of the remaining dog.

My condolences again to all your family. I need to go get an IV for fluids now as I am surely dehydrated from all the tears I have shed reading your posts and seeing the photos.

Edited to add: I had not known of bloat before, I have looked it up now so thanks for the extra knowledge for it may save one of dogs lives one day.

Edited by Sky

Guest Panzer Attack!

Bonnie was absolutely gorgeous, I'm so sorry for your loss. Run free, pretty girl xx

oh no :eek: thats just too sad what a short life :o she sounds like a sweet dog and a beautiful girl, my thoughts are with your family and with indi that he recovers from this loss ;)

im sure bonnie will always be with you and your family :laugh: to you

Edited by dandybrush

I read about Bonnie's passing in your other thread. I was shocked, she was such a part of DOL. We all looked for updates when she and Indie got sick a few months back and all sighed a collective sigh of relief when they finally pulled through. And now this. I am so sorry julz, for your loss, your family's loss and for Indie's grief.

Big hugs ;)

• 11 months later...

Can't believe it has been one whole year since we lost you Bonnie girl. It's been a tough day all round sitting looking through all your photos, but so many smiles admist the tears :)

Barely a day goes by where we don't talk about you and reminisce over the short time we were blessed to have you with us. Even going down to the farm for the first time last week with Indie and Astrid, all we could say was " Imagine what Bonnie would be getting upto if she was here."

I take it you had something to do with Astrid digging a crater sized hole under "your" tree this morning and going under the fence, which she has never done before, trying to get her into trouble Bonnie? That was very cheeky Bon and sonething you loved to try and do ;) .Lucky she just came and waited at the front door to be let back in :) Nice try though.

Missing you so much today my big duffus head, love you lots girl, rest easy Bon xXx

My condolences on the loss of your beautiful girl. Lots of hugs sent your way.

After seeing her beautiful photos, all I can say is my Kenny is sure to look after her, she looks just like the girl he would love.