I Lost 2 Dogs Today

Remarkabull

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two of my staffies went through a phase of savage fighting and getting them apart resulted in several injuries for us adults. Without our intervention they would've fought till someone dropped and stayed limp. We had to get a behaviourist in to assist us and luckily nothing ever happened when the dogs were on their own. So I really feel for you because I too have worried how I would feel if one killed the other - could I still love it? I know I would put it down but would I still care enough about it to bury it with respect and hold on to the great memories? And would it be the dog I've had for so many years or would it be the younger one who I consider my heart dog? Both were starting the fights and neither would give in.

You've all been through a very traumatic event and may need to talk about it as a family and allow each other to love and remember both Jazz and Bodie in ways that feel individually comfortable for you. Dogs are big parts of our family lives so in essence you have to come to terms with the senseless loss of family members.

Big hugs to you and your hubby and your children. This was just a tragic accident and nothing anyone could have done would have changed the outcome.

I am so so sorry to hear about your loss. Absolutely heartbreaking :happydance2:

The night I got home from work and found our 6yrold x breed had attacked our 10yrold sbt was the most horrific/heartbreaking/hysterical night of my life. They had been best friends for a few years I just didn't understand what happened and blamed myself for a long long time. I barely told anyone what had happened because I didn't want people judging her. She now lives with my OH sister and we get to have playdates.

:( Big hugs for all your family. My thoughts are with you all

RIP Odie and Jazz run free little ones :rofl:

Edited by Sezz

sorry for your traumatic loss. May you and your family find peace about this.

RIP both dogs.

as for why... sometimes we just need to accept that dogs are dogs and we humans cannot truely comprehend what happens in these situations.

blessings

Helen

I am so sorry for what happened. RIP Odie and Jazz

It happened between 2 of my dogs also. I still haven't come to terms with it and never will as I wasn't home at the time and will never know what happened. Like with yours I never saw any warning signs.

sorry for your traumatic loss. May you and your family find peace about this.

RIP both dogs.

as for why... sometimes we just need to accept that dogs are dogs and we humans cannot truely comprehend what happens in these situations.

blessings

Helen

So true. :rofl:

My heart breaks for you.

So sorry for you and your family. I would be concerned about the kids, make sure they are able to express how they feel. Guilt is an awful emotion to cope with at any time, but for kids it's harder still. Might pay to take them to a counselor just for a chat.

Anky

How awful for you and your family :(

RIP Odie & Jazz

I had a terrible fight break out about 3 or 4 months ago between 2 of my dogs that had been best friends for more than 5 yrs. Had I not been there one of my dogs would have died that day. It was a nightmare.

Sometimes dogs just do this for reasons us humans cannot understand. There may have been warning signs that were so subtle you didnt notice them.