I Lost 2 Dogs Today

Remarkabull

Way to kick her when she's down lilli. Sheesh.

You think that's a kick?

It's a question about a situation the OP put to a forum.

I'm interested to know if Jazzy changed or the OP's perception of Jazzy changed.

My friend is removing a 10 month female because it almost killed an older dog - eventhough my friend knew the bitch's genetic potential / predisposition from the outset.

These scenarios and the ruminations of the dog's owners interest me.

What you call a kick I call data collection.

I think 'data' collection at this time is a bit insensitive.

I'd put down my Staffy if she killed my other dog as well, no qualms about it. It would mean she crossed the line between being trustworthy or not. I truly couldn't think of her as the same lovable dog anymore.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It didn't seem real that she would kill one of my own dogs, a dog that she had lived happily with for 3 years.

This quote in the OP's first post show's the perception of Jazzy has changed. And I would have handled the situation in exactly the same way, I wouldn't keep a dog I couldn't trust.

data collection??? :eek:

we had a bitch kill another - we buried two dogs that day. We will not have ,or rehome a dog which has severely injured/killed another.

I feel the same. I feel lucky that I'm not in the position to have to consider such a thing (paps are generally sweet natured) but if one of my dogs went so far as to kill another, I couldn't trust him/her again.

You think that's a kick?

I'm interested to know if Jazzy changed or the OP's perception of Jazzy changed.

My friend is removing a 10 month female because it almost killed an older dog - eventhough my friend knew the bitch's genetic potential / predisposition from the outset.

That may be so but using emotive words like "kill" is NOT necessary :eek:

It really wasn't meant to be an emotive piece.

You think that's a kick?

That may be so but using emotive words like "kill" is NOT necessary :eek:

Then don't post on a thread where someone is clearly upset by quite a traumatizing experience. Take your "data collection" elsewhere.

data collection??? :eek:

?

we had a bitch kill another - we buried two dogs that day. We will not have ,or rehome a dog which has severely injured/killed another.

You see, you have provided data answered as to why you killed the second dog after it killed the first.

A person's ethos on what dogs they house and why is individual,

which is why others may find it interesting in comparison and so learn about a different perspective.

I think 'data' collection at this time is a bit insensitive.

Granted I can acknowledge that.

There is a difference between insensitive and an aimed kick.

I'd put down my Staffy if she killed my other dog as well, no qualms about it. It would mean she crossed the line between being trustworthy or not. I truly couldn't think of her as the same lovable dog anymore.

We are getting OT, but my perception of whether my dog is lovable is different and doesn't depend on such things. Of course it depends on what you're used to as in all things.

Then don't post on a thread where someone is clearly upset by quite a traumatizing experience. Take your "data collection" elsewhere.

Why welcome to the neighbourhood missy.

It's never productive to push on a forum,

people tend to shove right back.

Besides it clogs discussion and makes for boring reading;

it's really not necessary.

Edited by lilli

Lilli - I think it is relevant to recognise that, from my readings of your posts over the years, you have a very different understanding and acceptance of "normal dog behaviour" than most other dog owners (including myself) have.

Not many people, in my experience, are okay living with a dog that has killed another dog, let alone another dog they own. I know I'm not.

This situation is very sad and my condolance to the poster on this, but we needing to think the dog is the dog, they dont know the rules not to injure and kill like the humans, they fight to win is what they know when this happens and sometimes with small and big dog, the small dog can loose is life but doesnt mean the big dog is killer. If the big dog fighting dog is size, probably no one die, just a couple of injury we fixing easily.

Is hard on the emotional if a dog he kill another dog and in our ruling we say he must die too for what he done, but in the dog world is not working like this is different when big dog killing small dog is not like a serial axe murder, it happens from size mismatching on the fight should be in my opinion to look at before euthanising other dog in the revenge.

Joe

I have a feeling that this discussion is going to go to a 'blame the OP' mode by some posters...well give it a break...dobesrock now has no dogs, her family has broken hearts and there is now a big empty place in their back-yard where the dogs used to play...so stop pickin' eh!

I've had to do it before. Broke my heart and my heart breaks all over again just thinking about it. It changed the way I looked at my dogs, I felt like they had broken the golden rule. Im not saying whether that's right or wrong but it is how I felt. At the time I was pushed by the majority of DOL'ers to rehome rather than pts but I couldn't rehome any dogs who I knew had killed another - especially with the ferocity in which it was done. I opted to pts. And I would do it again too.

Thinking of you Dobesrock. :laugh: It's not something you will ever get over, but I hope with time that the pain eases for you all.

Edited by Clyde

Dobesrock - My heart breaks for you and your family, may you feel peace soon. I'm so sorry this has happened to you and your kids. Sometimes there is no reason for these things, they just are. My thoughts are with you and your family at this terrible time.

Edited by Troy