Girls Are Home

Flaves

Just saw the story on the ABC Vic news, such beautiful doggies. Fingers and paws crossed.

Not sure if it would be worth getting in touch with the Municipal Association of Victoria - would they have a means of contacting all the council rangers across Vic? In case they see any new dogs in their areas? Could be a long shot/no use but thought I put it out there.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't believe how robotic and impersonal the world has become - can I beg you all not to shop at Coles or IGA nor buy fuel at Apco - I just got a flat out NO. They didn't even bother to read the flyer. Thank you to Foodworks in Bacchus Marsh for willingly putting it up. The tape that I took didn't cope with telegraph poles - I'll take some packing tape tomorrow and put a flyer up near the schools and also go to Pet Stock and Best Friends in Melton.

Sylvia

Thanks Sylvia, and well done to foodworks in Bacchus Marsh.

These days fewer businesses are willing to post flyers etc around, and I respect this. The staff have policies they must adhere to and I think we should try not to become disheartened over this.

When we posted flyers around Gisborne I always ensured I was respectful of where we put them. Afterall, they are unsightly and seen as litter, so it is understandable when the locals and council do not like them.

For private businesses it is quite unsightly. They are always being inundated with flyers for this and that and I am sure it gets to them after a while. If we rub the locals up the wrong way, they are less likely to want to help.

There are great community notice boards in many towns that are great places to post the flyers.

When I entered shops to ask them for assistance, I would calmly and quietly explain the situation and appeal for their help. I would not begin by asking them to post the sign, but instead asked if they would please take a flyer as it had information on it and keep it in mind and keep a look out for anything suspicious. Towards the end of the conversation I might gently mention that if they felt it was appropriate we would greatly appreciate it if they would post the flyer on their window, but we understood if not.

In pubs, we would advise that there may be people coming in wishing to sell puppies. All the publicans were very sympathetic and eagerly took flyers.

Everyone is doing such a wonderful job pitching in to help. Going out of your way to post flyers is so greatly appreciated, thank you so much. It is truly amazing how our dog world bonds together at times like this.

We ask that when posting or handing out flyers please try to be respectful of the locals and business owners, though I am certain everyone is doing just that. :)

How heartbreaking this is. :( I have flocked, shared on my FB page. Also passed on the info to someone who sponsors another forum I frequent, who lives near the region where the dogs went missing, as does his extended family. Fingers crossed for a safe return.

Edited by LabTested

Another idea, there are a heap of facebook pages advertising things for sale. I look through a couple regularly. Usually they are called (town name) buy swap or sell or there are pages up just for animals aka animals for free, sale or stud NSW. I'll see if i can put the link or share the fbook page in the ones i go on.

I was thrilled to get an early called from Stolz this morning to let us know Chevy and CJ have been reunited with Karen and Paul.

Such a huge relief. Just the best news.

Stolz will explain in more detail later, but the girls were none worse for wear, not hungry or dirty and will be off to the vet for a thorough exam this morning. CJ is still in pup, and we will know if pups are OK soon.

:cheer::cheer::clap::clap::dancingelephant::dancingelephant::happydance2::happydance2::happydance:

Thank you so much everyone for assisting in getting the word out there. All the networking paid off big time. Well done everyone.

A very special thank you goes to Nikki Phillips, who sole handedly and relentlessly did all the media contacts. She was the one behind the push to get such excellent media coverage in such a short time and also arranged her friend to start up the CJ and chevy facebook page. Nikki spent hrs on the phone, relentlessly pleading the case for help. Great work Nikki. :thanks:

And also another special thank you to Trina, who is a superwoman. Trina arranged advertising and coverage in many areas that my half asleep brain can't even think of right now, but she is a net working queen and is always so ready to help in suvh a time of crisis. :thanks:

And thank you to all the wonderful DOLers for networking, flyer drops and just helping us all get the word out there.

It really is just overwhelmingly incredible the way everyone pulls together in times like this. The empathy among dog lovers is inspiring.

:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

Stolz will be very busy this morning seeing to Chevy and CJ. We will need to now ensure that everyone is notified of the girls' safe return, flyers will need pulling down and so on.

Stolz will pop back in when everything settles for her, it has been a harrowing few days to say the least.

Edited by dyzney