Solo Dog Owners

Another solo dog owner here though I share a house with a Shih Tzu cross two cats and two birds. But sadly I only have one dog I would love another but due to circumstances I have to just have the one. And one is better than none.:thumbsup:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AT the moment I am just a solo dog owner and and solo cat owner LOL. Bit of an adjustment as I have always had two but after my dogs passed due to old age it took me a while to be able to get another dog but I can't imagine life without her now.

So for now I have a gorguz dog and gorguz cat :-)

Currently a solo dog owner - we do have another dog living with us be he's moving out next week, so then I'll be a solo dog owner and really only have one dog in the house. He moved in just after my other dog died so I haven't really had the "gap" of the 2nd dog missing yet.

I'm sort of enjoying only having to deal with only one dog. I can really focus on her and it is a bit easier to do things. But I really really want another one, I'm just not sure how ready for it I am - one day I'm saying "bring me a new pup now" and the next day I'm glad there's only one! I think when the other dog moves out next week I'm really going to feel the gap, and I think Kenz is also really going to feel it. So that might help me actually make a clearer decision about when the time is right for a new pup. But, if she's happy and I'm happy then we'll be waiting for a bit!

Oh and I do have 2 cats that think they are dogs!!

Guest donatella

solo dog owner here, and for the same reason, i'm in a unit and renting but lease runs out in january next year and we've already started looking at rental houses more of which are pet friendly and Lucy is 3kg Pom so I shouldn't have too much a problem with her and real estates. am already hankering for another pup but she is only 6 months old so need to wait it out, would love to get a ragdoll or Himalayan kitten, i seem to gravitate to small fluffy animals :laugh:

we have one...we've only had one large dog at a time. Just before getting Wilbur, OH said he'd like a second dog. All good and well since he's not the one that is the primary care giver & trainer :laugh: Plus i told him when we updated his car he wouldn't be able to get the Toyota Sedan he wants he'd have to forego it and get something suitable for two large dogs. He promptly started looking at Nissan X-trails; go figure!

I know i wouldn't get another dog in the next 18 months; i want to spend the time to develop Wilbur in terms of training before we get another puppy.

I've only got one too. I'm planning on fostering when I move out with my boyfriend early next year as I'm currently in a sharehouse and it's not ideal for that kind of thing. So soon we'll be a solo+ household, with a little bit of temporary dog at some times.

We only have the one at the moment too. Snowy, a 14 month old Golden Retriever. My OH wants another dog, a Bernese Mountain Dog, but I'm not too sure as I am the one who looks after Snowy most of the time now and my OH is looking at getting a job out in the mines so it would just be me and the dogs half the time.

Maybe if we buy our own house next year and the yard is big enough we will look into it. I am pretty sure there is generally a bit of a waiting list for berners so it wouldn't be for a little while anyway...

Guest Panzer Attack!

Another chick and a Pap here :) After my heart girl died (RIP) and my ex took my other dog back I decided I would never get another dog. OMG it nearly killed me. So here I am with my Scootie. I'd love a second one, I'm happiest when my (ex's) dog is here, or when Lenny was here before he got adopted, or when Scootie is playing with Barkly etc. I miss having two. But I rent unfortunately, and the partner is getting another dog next, so it might be years for me :(

E x

Solo dog here to.

Whenever i think about getting another dog i then think about how difficult it is to do things with even one dog.

Georgia is a people person anyway and happy to just lay around all day. Or follow me around in the garden or go out with me. Sometimes i think she is broken. She's not what i was expecting from a dal. :laugh: She is happy to have the company of us and the cats.

Always been a solo dog owner my last heart dog for 16 years. :( I started fostering greyhounds in Aug last year never thinking I would have another dog and now I have two divine greyhounds.ALWAYS been a one dog person and now I have two and I've never been happier. :)

Little James is an only dog. And likely to be for the forseeable future due to present living and study circumstances. I also have family overseas who I regularly visit and te cost of boarding more than one dog would be limiting.

One day, eventually, I'd like a second dog.

I've just got the one, he's only a puppy and I'm loving being able to really spend the time with him training wise, and for the ease of just throwing him in the car and taking him everywhere with me. My parents have always had 2 dogs, and I think a few years down the track I'll be ready to add a second dog to the house, but for now I'm loving it just being me and him.