How Dd You Convince Your Oh To Get Another Dog?

Atanquin

Alright so I'm still choosing between a shelties and a cocker but I have to convince my other to consider a second dog as I would love for zorro to have a friend altho I'm not sure how well he would take me giving another dog attention but I thought if I got a girl it should be fine he has a little BC girls friend at obedience. Anyway back on track anyone else have to convince their OH to get another dog? Andy had alway said he would never have a dog inside but now he is the one letting zorro up in the cream leather sofa ( I never thought I would see the day that happened) but he is not keen on getting a second dog anyone been able to change there OH mind?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just tell him we're getting another dog. Seeing as I'm the one who pays for them, trains them, does dog sports and shows with them, grooms and exercises them and cleans up after them, he doesn't really have much say. He does own one of the dogs though.....our newest resident, Ripley is his. Our beautiful boy Benson, who died in July was my husbands best mate so when Ripley came here, he kind of gravitated towards my husband and they've been pretty much insuperable ever since.

He does love all the dogs though. I've just told him I'm thinking about getting another show puppy next year and he didn't really bat an eyelid......just asked what we're going to call it.

Get a OH that doesn't need convincing. ;)

I read this thread to OH, and he thinks they just 'appear' here, too. I think that's a bit unfair - I normally tell him on the day, before he leaves for work, that there will probably be a new dog face here when he gets home. His response is normally, "Aww, doggy." :thumbsup:

Cosmolo that is very funny.

I said oh look this boy is going to be rehomed isn't he a good looking dog.

OH- oh yes he is a very cool looking dog

A day or so later, hey you know that dog that is going to be rehomed, apparently him and Rommi get on like a house on fire.

OH - oh do they?

Go to house to pick up Rommi and meet Lewis. Whilst getting jumped all over and having a Whippet hanging off my head.

So what do you think??

OH - he is a really good looking dog isn't he!!

Yep, so can I have him?

Yes you can, you let me buy new golf clubs and get whatever other toy, so yes if you like him he's yours.

Moral of the story??? When you want something make sure you have credits saved up!!!!

I'm lucky, I have a "well trained" OH. We've been engaged 2 weeks today and less than week in he "jokingly" said he would get me a second dal as a wedding present. I asked if he was serious, coz I want another to show with and he said yes =]

He's a keeper!

I've convinced mine it's all about Boonie having a mate - and although they sleep all day isn't great that in there 5min bursts they have someone there. Also you wouldn't feel so bad going out for the night knowing he had someone else there.

Same here - just made it all about Jangels & waited until he'd had a couple of beers :D

Edited by jakeyjangels

Alright so I'm still choosing between a shelties and a cocker but I have to convince my other to consider a second dog as I would love for zorro to have a friend altho I'm not sure how well he would take me giving another dog attention but I thought if I got a girl it should be fine he has a little BC girls friend at obedience. Anyway back on track anyone else have to convince their OH to get another dog? Andy had alway said he would never have a dog inside but now he is the one letting zorro up in the cream leather sofa ( I never thought I would see the day that happened) but he is not keen on getting a second dog anyone been able to change there OH mind?

Ask him really nicely in his favourite way ;)

What he agrees to subjugate, he cannot later retract.

:)

Edited by lilli