• I dislike cats
    • I like cats but I like dogs better
    • I like dogs and cats equally
    • I like cats better than dogs

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted that I prefer dogs over cats. I foster kittens for a rescue group and I really enjoy that. Kittens are so much fun and make me laugh all day. I love their regalness,very beautiful creatures. I much prefer the company of a dog through,nothing beats the loyalty and love of your dog.

The kitten I have here at the moment is a super confident, in your face kind of girl. If she wants cuddles she will not take no for an answer. She is very clown like and unbearably cute! I have almost been tempted to adopt her but I think Suki never forgive me :laugh:. She generally loves kittens but this one delights in pouncing out at her at the most unexpected times and scaring the pants of her :laugh:.

I'm a cat lover first.. dog lover second I tend to only like certain breeds of dogs but I love all cats Mine is 15 this year & has been such a good companion He's more dog like than cat Sadly he's on his last legs though, I will so miss him when he passes :(

+1 :thumbsup:

ETA Thumbs up to the first part

:( to the last part

Edited by arctic.crocodile

I also don't understand what people get out of cats as pets. My partner has a cat who has got to be the most annoying and boring animal on earth! I think they are too much hard work and don't give anything back. I don't believe in letting cats roam the street, so if I was to get a cat it would live indoors with an outdoor run... Too much hard work!

I never had a dog growing up despite desperately wanting one, only had cats. As soon as I moved out at 16 I got a puppy and two kittens( real sensible lol). My love for dogs has evolved and while I like cats and will always have them my heart lies with dogs. I have one cat at the moment but am in the process of looking for a Birman kitten. Never had a pedigree cat before, so I'm excited!

Guest lavendergirl

Pretty well sums up the difference between dogs and cats:

What Pets Write IN THEIR DIARIES.

Excerpts from a Dog's Diary.[/b

8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!

9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!

9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!

10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!

12:00 pm - Lunch! My favorite thing!

1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!

3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!

5:00 pm - Milk Bones! My favorite thing!

7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!

8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!

11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

Excerpts from a Cat's Daily Diary…

Day 983 of my captivity...

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets.

Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.

The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet.

Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a 'good little hunter' I am. Bastards.

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of 'allergies.' I must learn what this means and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow -- but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released - and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded.

The bird has got to be an informant. I observe him communicating with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe.....for now.

I do like cats and have had them my whole life and would love a pedigree Russian Blue one day but I'm finding I am less and less tollerant of certain cat behaviours and not to mention the fact that they have started to make me sneeze.

At this point I would be more then happy to have no more cats when my two pass away and just get a small dog instead.

I voted I dislike cats, but that's really too strong - I am just pretty neutral about them. I don't particularly like them, I don't really dislike them. I have met the odd cat who I thought was pretty cool, but really have no desire to have cats in my life.

I'm very allergic to cat hair, and they seem to know that, so that doesn't really endear them to me :laugh:

i had cats growing up, but have since only had dogs

i too would probably have a cat here now, but dont like the idea f them roaming, and would want to get a cat run for it, which we dont really have the room for

OH doesnt like cats at all