52 Week Photo Challenge 2012

~*Shell*~

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Snook: You go girl! That's a brilliant photo. Fernwood should use it as a motivational poster ;)

Huga: I adore that shot. And thanks for explaining how you got there!

Fattima: How cute is he! You have captured a lively spirit in him.

Millie-Moo: Aggie is beautiful!

Gapvic: Great selfie, evokes in my mind a story of a war bride waiting for the return of her man. I honestly like your first w6 to your second, but that's just me :o

Gila: Great photo! I'm not a diarist, but can understand your fear.

MTD: Lovely shot of the ginger! Such a vivid red

MrRedDog: that there is a lovely bunch of Dachsies! What's the collective noun for Dachshunds? (a sizzle of sausage dogs did spring to my mind, but probably not PC!) I also like your Bokeh paws, how cute!

CrazyCresties: Your w4 shot is brilliant, your cat had me giggling! Louis' close up is divine. So handsome.

Misteri: Nice landscape. I live so close to threadbo but have not made the trip since moving to Canberra! how naughty of me.

Kym and Adrian: How adorable are Easy's ears?? He's like the flying nun!! Great capture. I also love your shot of Jet, he looks sooo relaxed.

redangel: That's so cute! And judging by your selfies, there is no way I would have picked you as having teen-aged kiddies!

Dwynwen: Nice water dragon! Well done on getting it unnoticed ;) Oh and as to why I get the window seat - I fly each week, sometimes 2-3 times a week, so that guarantees me good seats! It does get tedious after a while and I relish the days when I am in the office!!

Kja: welcome back! I see your note on your w1 burger photo - don't you hate it when things don't taste as good as advertised?? Your w2 full moon is lovely. Your w3 photo is beautiful, what a lovely keepsake for your sister. Nice selfie! And Tilly looks like she's a pro at this beach business.

Dogfan: Nice selfie for you too! I prefer your first one to the second.

ButterNut: I love your droplets! Great idea in this crappy weather we've been having. I love your lantern shot too! Great use of light.

Ok, think that's everyone! I apologise if I have missed any photos.

I still haven't done my week 6 photo yet. I have a plan, just need to make it work :)

Edited by KumaAkita

PixieMeg - your daughter is so gentle with those chooks! Love all 3 photos.

Unfortunately she's not that gentle. she can be quite careless and turns to chasing them. poor things. she's currently on a ban from the chickens.

thanks everyone for your comments. i'm really enjoying the journey.

Anniek - May is beautiful, such a happy face

Huga, love the hearts, great composition

fattima, love the focus on the pin, so sharp. gotta love those ears too

Millie-Moo, is Aggie yours? nice lounging shot.

gapvic. such an eery shot. love the tones and light through the window. and another nice one, the second. nice use of colour.

Gila, another great self portrait. i don't write journals for that reason

Mtd, lovely flower, i like the angle.

Mr red dog, lovely well lit shot. I find it hard to get nice shots in full sun, too many shadows but yours is good.

crazy Cresties, your first shot is really humorous. love it. and the second, is really lovely looks like you could throw some diamonds on that dog and they wouldn't be out of place.

butternut, i really like the droplets, so crisp, i can imagine that coolness after the storm kind of feeling with this pic.

Misteri, i love the scenery down that way. so stunning.

dog fan, i like the mood of the second one best.

Kym and drain, I especially like the second shot.

kja, i especially love the week 1and week 3 shots. the first for the colour and composition and i think the second is great on focus as well as the subject matter. i love it when babies look at the camera

Redangel, what a wonderful distraction a dog can be when we have for to do.

i have three for the week. all i think represent my kids school pretty well.

a walkway at school

6845117687_555881c074.jpg

Untitled by inkdogdesign, on Flickr

my second daughter in the middle playing a tiggy game with friends.

6845110791_92141fa6be.jpg

prayer flags the kids made.

6845109051_4c1bdc25e8.jpg

anniek -week 6 - what a happy face!! Love it :thumbsup:

pixie - thanks for the lovely comments :) I love the one of your daughter playing - she looks so happy & carefree!

monet - week 6 - check out that cheeky grin! she's lovely :heart:

Gila - I'm really enjoying your selfies and the glimpse they offer into your life :-)

MTD - beautiful flower!

MrRedDog - It must have been heaps of fun to watch the Dachshunds running around LOL! Sorry to hear you've had a rough week. What is cooking in your Week 6 image?

Misteri - it's amazing how clear the water is. So beautiful!

Kym & Adrian - cute puppies :-)

Redangel - how sweet is Luci?

Dwynwen - wow, great pic!!

Kja - welcome! Lovely photos.

Dogfan - what interesting effects! The second one is quite freaky.

ButterNut - I love the glow in the lantern shot.

Anniek - another beautiful blue hound. What a pretty girl May is!

Pixie_Meg - your photos are always great. I love the ones featuring your children.

MnDM - oh, a whippet baby!!! Juddy is so so cute.

Evolving - what a handsome dog Alera is.

My apologies if I forgot anyone! Huga, I'm really inspired by your light pic and want to have a go at a similar one with some lanterns I have. Snook, thank you so much for the email. It has helped a lot :) .

So, two pics for me for week seven! The second one is pretty crappy but seeing as I was playing around with torches, I figured I'd better try to get myself into one of the shots.

Week seven - Kyneton botanical gardens

6860647515_e29088e28f_z.jpg

Playing with light

6860707301_a507f73361_z.jpg

And just for fun :-)

6860709095_d46935112d_z.jpg

Edited by gapvic

Week 6/52

Monochrome

week6monochromeflower.jpg

Ran out of time this week so has to cheat a little :o

ButterNut: Love the droplets!

Annie: May is gorgeous! :love:

Pixie Meg: Love all of your pics! :)

Monet: :love: SQUEEE

Evolving: Love it :D :thumbsup:

MrRedDog: Yummy :eat: Nice pic!

MTD: Aww! Love it :heart: :D

Gapvic: Wow, I love those light shots! How did you do them? I must know! :o

Huga: That is STUNNING :thumbsup: Absolutely gorgeous!

I hope I haven't gone mad and posted the same post twice over 2 days :o Ahh lol

Edited by dogfan

Thanks Dogfan! They are quite easy to do, but you do need a helper I think if you want to be in the pic too.

ISO 400, f11, shutter onto "bulb". Put your subject into the frame and shine a torch on them to get the focus (in my case, I used my mother). Lock focus, then use remote to start the picture.

I sat in the frame and my mother then came and sat next to me with a torch in her hands. She got it into position, turned it on, then drew the heart. Once the heart was done she turned it off, moved to the camera, got another torch (stronger one) and shone it on my face for a couple of seconds (have to be fairly quick I think as we were slower first time (shone torch over more of my body) and I got movement blur even though I sat as still as I could). I then used the remote to end the shot.

Hope that makes sense :o

The second light shot was heaps of fun to do. My mother stood in the pose and I simply stood behind her and kind of traced her outline with the torch, trying not to get too close to her as I didn't want the light to shine on her clothes too much. I then drew the hair, then put in the eyes and the smile. It is a fairly simple technique and one I think kids would enjoy doing :)

Great photos all! Sorry I never get the time to comment on everyone's (work Internet really dislikes Flickr), but I love checking in every day/week to see them all : )

Week 6 - birthday cake!

6861836635_668fb49ecd.jpg

Week 06 by misteri82, on Flickr

"A classical French cake named after the Opera Garnier of Paris. Created by combining layers of thin almond biscuit with alternate layers of coffee butter cream and chocolate ganache. A delicious combination of coffee and chocolate."