Toasty

KKDD

My beloved Toasty, 14 years old, died yesterday peacefully in my arms. She was my child before I had children, and remained my baby as the human kids grew up. Being a miniature dachshund she was the perfect size and shape to tuck in against my body in bed, which she did every night like a perfect little hot water bottle, only much much cuter. We were very close. She was always at my feet or next to me on the couch or in my arms and if I left the room she would follow. I was the center of her universe and she was my most beloved friend.

I wasn't ready to lose you little banana. You should have lived longer. It would have been easier if you had. I would do anything to make yesterday not have happened.

Letting you go yesterday was so hard, it has left an ache in my chest and the most profound sense of loss. But its the least I could do for you after your unwavering love and devotion over your entire life. You were such a beautiful and loyal little person. I doubt I will ever stop feeling sad. It would be easier if I believed in heaven, angels etc.

You are now lying with Valentino in the sad part of the garden. The frangipanis on your grave are wilting, but your presence in my life will always be strong my love.

Thank you Toasty, you gave me everything you had and you truly brightened my life.

post-6647-0-22767400-1350343843_thumb.jpg

Edited by KKDD

Just saw this. Really sorry KKDD. I know how much you loved your little dacchys. They certainly were characters - both of them.

I am not really a believer in all wings and angels either but if you really can be reunited with all those you have loved and lost, I know they will both be waiting for you somewhere patiently to find them...

Your dacchys were a part of your life for so long - may you think of your Toasty on cold nights and hopefully over time smile remembering him fondly and all his silly antics that made him the sweet little shadow he was.

Take care.

• 2 weeks later...