Wagga Animal Rescue Closure

Dear foster carers, members, volunteers and supporters,

It is with great sadness that I announce that Wagga Animal Rescue Inc. has made the unfortunate decision to close our organisation. This decision was discussed at length and alternatives to closing were explored in the past 12 months with no success. The decision to close Wagga Animal Rescue Inc. was voted upon unanimously yesterday the 12th of December, 2012.

Our decision to close is based upon several key members leaving the Riverina in the coming months leaving no one to take on the responsibility of running this organisation. The majority of our committee and active foster carers are studying and/or working and also may not be in the area permanently. Running an organisation of this size requires a significant amount of time, effort, commitment and responsibility. As Wagga Animal Rescue is not for profit and our committee and carers are all working voluntarily it really is a lot to ask of anyone.

We feel that our members, volunteers and foster carers will still be able to make significant contributions to other animal rescue organisations in the Riverina area so that animals are still being rescued and rehomed.

This week will be the final week that we will rescue any animals giving us 6 months to rehome all animals in care and take steps towards closing our organisation. Wagga Animal Rescue as an organisation will officially end in June, 2013. Wagga Animal Rescue will be available until this date to offer advice to members of the community regarding their pets, assisting in private rehoming, promoting and fundraising for other reputable animal rescue organisations. Our phones, Facebook account and e-mails will be permanently monitored until the end of June 2013 so we can continue to promote rescued animals in Wagga and the Riverina area.

All our equipment will be donated to reputable charity organisations or sold. Our excess funds will potentially be used to run free microchipping weekends within the Riverina. We will no longer be accepting significant monetary donations; however, any food, litter or toys are still very much appreciated as we have over 60 animals in care, many of these being young orphaned kittens.

I would like to take this time to thank every single foster carer, adopter, volunteer, supporter, sponsor, business and admirers from afar. If anyone has any questions regarding our closure please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours Sincerely,

Emma Fowler

President

Wagga Animal Rescue Inc.

[email protected]

Well done guys .Take a bow on the work you have contributed and the difference you have made.

I understand what an emotional decision it is to have to pull the plug on something you have been passionate about .

Julie

Thank you everyone for your support, it is much appreciated.

It has been a difficult decision but I'm sure you will see many of us around in the future. We will continue to support GRAS animals and try to get them adopted to public or to rescues.

I have just graduated from a B Animal Science Hons so will aim to find a job in companion animal management and welfare. 10 year plan CEO of RSPCA and make some changes lol ;) so I'm sure ill continue to see you all :)

I have just graduated from a B Animal Science Hons so will aim to find a job in companion animal management and welfare. 10 year plan CEO of RSPCA and make some changes lol ;) so I'm sure ill continue to see you all :)

Excellent plan!

Best wishes to you all and thanks for the hard work.

Excellent plan!

Best wishes to you all and thanks for the hard work.

And an 'Excellent plan' from me, too. And thanks to all at WAR who've achieved so much.

I've always taken special notice of any posts from 'efowler'. Emma, you're someone I soon learned to respect hugely on DOL Rescue Forum. It's great to know you'll continue to contribute to animal welfare. :thumbsup:

I too want to congratulate you Emma and WAR for your enormous contribution to rescue and your passion for the animals that you have all helped, it is comforting to know that you will still be part of rescue in other ways.

All the best to you and the other WAR people.

Maree

CPR