Favourite Dog Colour?

Horsegal98

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love rich colours in my breed, am partial to red or black with white trim - or tricolour. I like the usual particolour in my breed - the white base. But prefer solid colours, much as a good dog can't be a bad colour brindle is not really my thing. Unless it is really rich, like a nice black and red brindle. Because of longer coats brindle can tend to wash out a little in my breed. Pretty, but I like bold. :)

Funny though, 'cause in Afghans I love cream, white or silver brindle - with no mask. DROOL...

Guest crickets

A physically & mentally sound dog of any colour is the priority, but I have to admit to being a bit of a colour snob.

Personally I don't like solid black at all with the possible exceptions on Affenpinscher, Schipperke & Afghan.

I do not prefer brindle on any breed.

I dislike (putting it midly!) light or liver pigmentation, even where it is corresponding to coat colour.

I like the backest of black pigmentation on nose, eye rims, pads & nails.

My absolutely favourite colour is red. The reddest of red in any breed, capped off with a black mask in masked breeds.

My next favourite colouring would be sables.

This is my fave colour at the moment...

15-12-2012-harper-rex080.jpg

I do like a nice fawn brindle too... or pretty much any brindle will do...

I also like black, blonde, and white with brindle patches... which funnily enough are the colours of my other 3 dogs... *grin*

Any colour is great though...

T.

I have had 4 black, 1 silver and 1 white/brindle. My favourite is black by far, and my least favourite is white. Funny how when I take a white dog for a walk round our park in winter it always needs it's paws washed when we get back, but my black dogs don't :rofl:

My next dog I hope will be red or brown!

This is my fave colour at the moment...

15-12-2012-harper-rex080.jpg

I do like a nice fawn brindle too... or pretty much any brindle will do...

I also like black, blonde, and white with brindle patches... which funnily enough are the colours of my other 3 dogs... *grin*

Any colour is great though...

T.

That is a stunning colour, I am in love <3

In dallies we only have 2 real choices, and I love both. I will have both one day :D You might get the odd lemon, tri or brindle dally but that's rare in Aus and they aren't bred for.

Im a sucker for a merle dog though, specifically aussie sheps. I saw my first ever red merle aussie the other week, I got so excited. It's just an amazing colour configuration. Maybe I like weird patterns.

In whippets (which I've looked at a lot because my workmates between them have 3) I prefer solid blue, fawn or parti with no brindling.

I do not like brindling really at all. My in laws dog is a staffy x and she's black with brown brindling and I just don't find it appealing at all. The whippets belonging to my workmates are solid blue, blue brindled and fawn brindled. Out of every brindle I've seen, the fawn brindle is the prettiest, but still I prefer the solid every time.