Breed Id - Give It Your Best Shot?

OT

Rebanne is she grizzle?

We have the same colouring in Coban Kopegi and Central Asia Dogs.

Officially she is a red fawn. An afghan person told me once they would consider her a dilute diablo? Dilute something. Has a lot of black hairs through her coat, think in pugs that means smutty :laugh: Has had 12 pups to 2 sires. 3 brindle, 4 white & brindle, 2 blue brindle, 1 white & blue brindle and 2 white & blue fawn. Licorice allsorts for sure :laugh:

Edited by Rebanne

Officially she is a red fawn. An afghan person told me once they would consider her a dilute diablo? Dilute something. Has a lot of black hairs through her coat, think in pugs that means smutty :laugh: Has had 12 pups to 2 sires. 3 brindle, 4 white & brindle, 2 blue brindle, 1 white & blue brindle and 2 white & blue fawn. Licorice allsorts for sure :laugh:

Dilute Domino? There is an afghan colouring known as Domino.

Genetically her colour is called Sable. But different breeds have different local names for the same genetic colours. Sable in Borzoi may be called Black Fringed Red in Salukis, and Red in greyhounds (although clear red is a different gene). Most fawn greyhounds are genetic Red - they lack the black overlay that comes with Sable.

Lilli - the colour you refer to is most likely Agouti.

Dilute Domino? There is an afghan colouring known as Domino.

Genetically her colour is called Sable. But different breeds have different local names for the same genetic colours. Sable in Borzoi may be called Black Fringed Red in Salukis, and Red in greyhounds (although clear red is a different gene). Most fawn greyhounds are genetic Red - they lack the black overlay that comes with Sable.

Lilli - the colour you refer to is most likely Agouti.

yes I think that is it. Genetics is so very interesting!

The eye set, distance, shape makes me think there might be a brachy breed somewhere in the mix. Those eyes just look out of place with a muzzle... though very cute of course.

I see no rotti in there at all, but I guess you never know with these mixes.

I am also with a hunting mix of possibly many multiples of breeds.

Initially I thought Ridgie/Kelpie/Koolie maybe.

Yes, the eyes do look out of place huh!

A boxer could be a good guess as one of his many breeds!

He also has a VERY high pitched bark which catches you by suprise, thought it could just be a baby puppy think but I think its just him.

Edited by sas