Goodbye My Beautiful Kalais, Taken By Lymphoma

Kaffy Magee

My beautiful girl Kalais is gone. On Wednesday she was ok, but I knew she didnt have long, I initially thought maybe a week, but then realised probably not even that long and I didnt want her to get to the point she was in pain. I had an appointment for 11.20 this morning but she went down hill so fast overnight I couldn't let her go another minute and so she was given her wings at 8 this morning. Last night we went to the beach for a short stroll, she had a warm hydrobath, then went to say goodbye to the kids where she rolled around on her back and wagged her tail, she had double beef and bacon burger, a cheeseburger, and some fries topped off with a choc sundae for dessert, which all went down a treat with great gusto, I could never imagine her going off her food, I think she lived for her food. The laboured breathing is so much more noticeable at night, and she alternated from my bed to the floor. But this morning it was obvious she was uncomfortable and in pain, she wouldn't/ couldn't get on the bed and when I offered her a bowl of milk she didn't touch it, something I thought I would never see. I forgot about the fact I was going to lose her forever and it became a race to end her pain because I couldn't bear to see her like that. It was hard getting her down the stairs to the car, she struggled, which is crazy considering she ran up them the night before and I could not get her to climb on to the back seat of the car, something she has always done with much enthusiasm. I held her as she slipped away. No longer in pain my darling girl, thank you for the years you have given me as a companion, as a family dog, as a show dog. You were my " good girl", never set a foot wrong, always did as I asked straight up, I never had to use " that voice" with you. You were gentle and sweet, never had a bad word to say to any person or any other dog. You always gave me everything you had in the show ring, you just wanted to please me. You made me so proud. I showed the other weekend after long break and missed having you on the end of the lead. After your diagnosis back in August my world came crashing down, why would this happen to you? I did my best in giving you every chance to fight it and sadly it did not give us the time I was hoping for but thank you, for enduring the weekly poking and prodding, if it was hard on you, you never let on, my strong beautiful girl, you would come bounding out like you'd just been visiting for the day. Thank you for the beautiful memories and Im sorry things have been in so much chaos in recent months and that our time together was not quite as stress free as I would have hoped.Rest easy my beautiful Lay Lay, my good girl. I love you with all my heart xxx

http://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds/profile.asp?dog=27619

Another beautiful Bullmastiff has been given their wings.

So sorry Kaffy.

Maybe she will find my beautiful Morgan and Alex at the Rainbow bridge. I hope so. I am sure they will look after her.

We never have them for long enough. And the pain of losing them cuts so very deep.

So very sorry.

RIP Kalais.

:cry: