One Of The Consequences Of Sleeping With Dogs.

Kirislin

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the other night Happy hopped onto my bed, curled up on my pillow around my head...and proceeded to pee herself, then she got up and went back to her own bed. meanwhile I rolled over half asleep and did a face plant in pee. yup..I have a nice dog huh? lol

:laugh: Guess you'll be washing the sheets now, or maybe you have become immune to the squalor of it all. I am sort of in that camp. We currently have something akin to dog spew on our doona cover. Dog has kennel cough and is hawking up god-knows-what and we can't be bothered washing the cover till he's over it. Slightly third-world I guess, but hey.

:eek: My 11 year old slept with me the other night as its so cold. He puked at 3.30am. No idea why, not usual.Got up & changed the bed. I couldn't sleep with even a tiny bit of sick there. Poo, never but quite a few cats have given birth on my bed.

I was talking about this topic with a friend earlier, how having animals on the bed trashes you bedding, sigh...

This thread did remind me of the early days of having cats and then puppies, when a vomit or god forbid a pee, would have me leaping out of bed and changing the whole bed in the middle of the night. These days...meh, as long as my side is clean(ish) and dry, it can wait :laugh:

Guest Maeby Fünke

I used to wake up to bones hidden under my doona, until I made the NO BONES INSIDE! rule.

Edited by Maeby Fünke

The worst was I've had was before I moved out of my parents place, both dogs slept with me, the collie x lab and the jack russell. Mum started accidentally overdosing the JRT on fish oil, so twice in two nights, I woke up to a god awful smell with diarrhoea smeared all over the bed, meanwhile the collie x lab is sleeping peacefully next to me, but the JRT has realised what a mess he's made and has quietly nicked off and is sleeping on the nice clean floor. Little bugger!

Wow, so many gross stories...incontinent dogs would never be allowed in my room, let alone on the bed. eek1.gif

Same with sleep poopers, ewww. Mine sleep ON the bed, but I have a dog blanket or old sheet on top of my doona, so they don't stink it up and in case of any dog chuck. laugh.gif

:) I think that most people's vision is for pooping, peeing and chucking to happen outside. But (a) accidents happen and (b) sometimes life is easier if you let your standards slip a bit :laugh: It's all good material for a laff at ourselves, I reckon. :)