Today On Behind The News

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Esky that looks really bloody awesome!! I had no idea it was actually done on dry land and always assumed you travelled to places with snow to compete.

Is it hard training your dog to run where you tell it? I'd love to see a team of beagles give it a try! :laugh:

Totally loved the reporter's second round where the dog was all 'dude, I'm going around that puddle this time!'

The enthusiasm shown by the young kids was also lovely to see -- I love seeing kids getting involved in dog sports! :thumbsup:

Wow, looks like great fun to be had by all.......

Adults, children & the beautiful dogs. I'm another who loves to see the kid's out there enjoying

the outdoors with their dogs :)

Fabulous :thumbsup:

Edited by BC Crazy

that was excellent. I thought the reporter was a good sport for having a go too.

If I'd known about this 10 years ago I definitely would have got involved because it had been on my mind to do it with my whippets, I just didn't know it was possible. Now my health and the dogs ages wouldn't allow it. :cry:

Edited by Kirislin

It is good fun - I took my Lappie but she would only do a "princess" trot - we got overtaken by a Lab !

Slow but sure doesn't win the race - LOL.

I'd have trouble too because my dogs like to trail along behind me.

But that is a beautiful photo, sparkycat. It realy epitomises "bright eyed and bushy tailed". :thumbsup:

My daughter called me in to watch it, I had no idea a doler was on it, which one are you? :thumbsup:

I'm the one with the hippy headband talking about my dog sleeping on the couch, you can't even tell she's a racing dog.

:laugh: Few lovely shots of my rear end in the film too :laugh:

MissRustyBucket, you can team your dogs to stop on command, but good brakes are your friend ;)

Great segment! I used to watch that in grade 5 and we'd have to write a report on one of the news items each week! Blast from the past, that show must be old :laugh: The current reporters probably weren't even born when I used to watch it :p

Well Done!!! :thumbsup:

I recently went to an open day for the Western Australian Sled Dog association (WASDA). THere were over 200 dogs there, mainly Huskies and Mals, but there were also the racing Euro Hounds and even a stumpy Bull Terrier that was having an absolute ball.

I believe that any dog that likes to run is a good candidate for the sport.

I was so taken with it that I ordered a scooter even though I have a long wait until I have a dog old enough to participate :laugh:

Looks like so much fun Esky. Good on the reporter for giving it a go too. :laugh:

Another Doler here in WA has been sledding with her Boxer. From the photos I've seen her dog looks like he's having a blast, and is super-fit.